“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
New Palestine, Indiana
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here October 17th and were very pleased. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the made to order breakfasts.....my 13 yr old was so excited to have bacon!! Every other hotel we stayed at only had sausage :) We also asked the woman at the front desk (wish I had caught her name!) for a restaurant recommendation for dinner, and she was spot on!! She steered us to The Lumberyard and it was exactly what we were looking for! Overall a great stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

717 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Embassy Suites location in Flagstaff in which my experience was far superior than I expected. I was treated like their number one guest, from all of the employees smiling to simple saying, "Have a wonderful stay" to even pouring my coffee. Every part of my stay was well beyond my expectation, in fact I would argue that this is a 5 star hotel when it comes to the staff. Very pleased.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
connorysh, Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear VIctor E. thank you sos much for the positive comments regarding your stay at Embassy Suites Flagstaff. We agree that our staff is 5 Stars and we are very glad they made you feel so welcome and exceeded your expectations.

We hope to see you back with us soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Great Hotel. Love the breakfast. Staff was friendly and nice. We took our kids to Buffalo Park one afternoon to fly kites. We also went to Bearizona. The burger place across the street has awesome hamburgers Bunhuggers, Flagstaff, Arizona.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We drove up from Phoenix to see the fall colors in Flag.
We arrived about 2 hours earlier than check in time and the gal at the front desk, Jennifer, was so accommodating! She offered us complimentary wine (the entire bottle), beer (Guiness) and the remote control and TV in the Bar/Lounge while we were waiting. Fantastic customer service. When our room was ready they were just as nice as ever. We definitely be back to this EB, and to others too. The Happy Hour (complimentary beer, wine, and mixed drinks, plus snacks) was amazing. In the morning the custom made omelet, pancake, man who fixed whatever you ordered, whether it's a spinach, sausage, cheese (about 15 items), or pancakes with bacon on the side. They were all so friendly. Didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: We had a two bedroom suite with 2 TV's, sitting area and bath. Very nice. Could have slept 4.
Foster City, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Not your usual tropical looking Embassy Suites all indoor rooms. The staff here is very very friendly. The bartender was excellent. Front staff helpful in booking dinners and diving tour ideas. Breakfast crew was efficient. Cleaned everything quickly. I missed the atrium and without it didn't seem like an embassy suite. Eat breakfast early otherwise you get the cold French toast or bacon. Managers reception was nice. Generous drinks. Rooms are clean neat and typical suite types. Hall
ways are dull and dreary looking though.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ESGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
I’m so pleased to hear you found our staff so friendly and helpful. I will share your positive comments with them. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. We will address your comments about the hallway décor with our staff. I’ve also spoken to our culinary team about ensuring we maintain our warm breakfast items during the breakfast hours. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Customer service is this hotel's prime attribute. Not only did the front desk manager (Jen) make us feel at home, but remembered our name after our check-in - and it appeared as though she remembered all her guests and spent time getting to know us. The hotel is right off the interstate so it's location is extremely convenient. Although the rooms are a bit dated, they very clean and nicely furnished.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your compliments...I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is beautiful and just off all the major freeways, so it's very easy to find. It's also got lots of great places to eat within walking distance. We were most impressed with how gorgeous and well maintained the hotel and hotel grounds were. The lobby is amazing and the rooms are great too. The BEST part of the the hotel is their breakfast. They have a full, cooked-to-order omelette bar that also has hash browns, french toast and pancakes. It was like eating at a fancy breakfast restaurant for free! I would recommend the hotel just for their breakfast!

The only negatives were:

1) There was some loud buzzing noise about every half hour all night long. It could have just been the room we were in. We didn't call down to have them come look because we were too tired, but it was pretty obnoxious.

2) The front desk reps weren't the best or kindest at night. My card was charged a random amount over what I was told my total would be (like $38 and some odd cents). As we were headed to dinner, I asked the lady why we were charged extra and she explained that it wasn't a charge, it was only a hold for incidentals. She couldn't explain why it was the random amount and became rude when I asked her further questions. She said in a very condescending tone "All hotels do that, it's not just us." I was offended by this because, a) This was obviously not my first stay in a hotel. All hotels do not do this. b) She couldn't explain it fully. c) Her statement was just unnecessary. I felt like she only said it to make me feel dumb.
The gentlemen in the morning was very kind and able to explain to me that it was a 15% hold above the room amount and it would be put back within a few days.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We take great pride in making sure our hotel is well maintained and I’m thrilled you enjoyed our cooked-to-order breakfast. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our staff. I'm disheartened to hear that you were treated so unpleasantly. I apologize if you felt in any way uncomfortable and insulted. This is not typical of our hotel and staff. Every guest is very important to us, so I have addressed these issues with our team. I’ve also let our maintenance department know about your issues with the noise and I’m sorry that is disturbed your sleep. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience what Embassy Suites is known for: truly award-winning hospitality. Thank you once again for your comments.

Amy Todd

Been to Embassy Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!