“Good clean place for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Page, Arizona, United States
“Good clean place for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

ain't got much to complain about room was Clean breakfast this morning was nice but the beds are harder then rocks you could invest in some foam memory tops and relive that problem and get bigger oz cups for the bfast bar I'll stay again if the beds are replaced or foam mattress tops are purchased for the beds. Room 116

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tujunga, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed the night here, while on a business road trip. The next morning, we left in a hurry to keep our schedule. It wasn't until we were almost out of the state, that I realized I had left my ring behind, next to the sink. The ring was very important to me, and in a panic, I called the hotel. The gentleman employee I spoke with assured me he would check with housekeeping, and I was told to call back the following day. To my surprise, only about a hour later, I received a phone call from the hotel. The gentleman had found my ring and agreed to mail it to my home. I was thrilled to find it in my mailbox when I got home a few days later. This ring meant the world to me and I was extremely grateful to have it back. I greatly appreciate the employee's outstanding service. He really went above and beyond! On top of all this, we got a great room, for a more than reasonable price! Our check-in was fast and easy. We slept great, and enjoyed free waffles in the morning! If I am ever in the area again, I will most definitely stay here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dime Box, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We needed an inexpensive stay in Flagstaff and booked a room here for under $60, taxes included. The employees were very nice. The room was small but well kept. We had a nice, quiet sleep. Internet and breakfast was free. Not a huge selection of food but plenty to eat. Very nice place for our one night stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ecnlky, Manager at Econo Lodge Lucky Lane, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thanks very much for reviews of our hotel.we will continue provide excellent service on your next stay in Choice Brands of hotels. On behalf of our staff at Econolodge accept our sincere thanks.
Vancouver
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Next door didn't have any vacancies so we walked across to the Econolodge . We were warmly greeted by a very friendly young woman . We had our choice of floors and chose the top . On first quick view the room looked perfect for us . Returning after dinner we found the sink only produced cold water . When we twisted the handle toward hot the water stopped . We had to use the ice bucket to get warm water from the bathtub to use at the vanity sink . The toilet seat was loose . Also there were alot of stains on the carpet and at one point my right foot literally was stuck to the carpet ! The beds and sheets were clean and comfortable . The bathtub hadn't been cleaned very well .
Breakfast was the basic danish and cereal , plus the waffle maker .
I don't expect a lot from Econolodge , but I do expect the basics to be functioning and clean . I won't return here .

Room Tip: At least for now , don't take room 321
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
flagstaffeconolodge, Owner at Econo Lodge Lucky Lane, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
We are extremely sorry that the valve for the hot water was shut off. We are in the process of major remodeling for the entire hotel. We will offer you compensation for your inconvenience. Please contact the hotel for more information. We are truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel, we wish our staff would have been notified so that we could have immediately found another room or had the problem mediated.
Moore, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We booked this room because it was cheap, clear and simple. We weren't expecting much and were pleasantly Surprised. Room was small but very nice, had a fridge, coffee maker, desk. Breakfast was Danish, toast, cereal, apples and waffles, which is what I expected from other reviews. Also unexpected was the indoor pool and sauna, small but nice after driving all day long( again, we booked for cheap, not the extras). We will be staying here again and would be okay with paying $20-30 more for our room.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed here en route to the Grand Canyon...after a late-night arrival into Phoenix, we wanted to get as far north as we could to get a jump start on the Canyon the next day. After 'winning' this hotel on Priceline and checking the reviews, we were skeptical - but we had no way out! At any rate, we were pleasantly surprised with this Econo Lodge...check-in was quick and easy, the room was ready, clean, & quiet. The free breakfast was fine...make-your-own-waffles, breads, and cereal, coffee, milk, juice, water...but if you want different, there was a Denny's up the road and other convenience stores / drug stores around the corner. The attendant at breakfast / the AM front desk shift couldn't have been nicer! We didn't use the pool, so cannot comment...all we can say is this place was convenient, clean, accommodating, & affordable. I'm rating this a 5-star not because it was the fanciest place I've ever stayed in...but because it was EXCELLENT as far as value, our expectations, and what it provided for being the appropriately named "ECONO"-LODGE.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights while we toured the Grand Canyon and other area sites. We were looking for a inexpensive hotel and were very pleased at how clean and quiet the Econo Lodge was. The indoor pool area is not real large, but we really enjoyed soaking in the hot tub after a day of hiking. The staff was helpful and pleasant. We will definitely go back to the hotel the next time we are in Flagstaff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!