“Yuck” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arlington, Virginia
“Yuck”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I don't need a palatial hotel room to be happy, but the Econo Lodge was definitely below my standards. It had a terrible antiseptic smell to the room. There were holes in the curtains. The box spring was covered in plastic. All of the linens had magic marker identifiers on them. Yuck!

The hotel wasn't all bad. I liked the water pressure in the shower. I liked how close it was to I-40 and Historic Rt. 66.

I booked the hotel on Priceline, which was a mistake. It was less expensive on the Econo Lodge website. My mistake. I was also annoyed that it was $25 more than the Hyatt Place I stayed at in Albuquerque, which was a much nicer, cleaner hotel. But I understand -- different cities, different competition. I wouldn't stay here again, but I hope that I don't need to be in Flagstaff again, either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ecnlky, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Lucky Lane, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I apologize for your negative experiences that you had at our hotel.

We put marks on our linens because there is a bad theft problem at hotels in the area and some guests have put their comforters/sheets on the bed and taken our own. I apologize that this procedure was a hassle.

We hope that if you ever do some through flagstaff you will take the time to drop by our hotel as it is currently being remodeled and when completed, will have a fresh new look and feel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I understand it is a Econolodge, but what we expected to get what they said we would- but the Internet was not working (makes it hard to research your trip to the grand caynon!), the hot tub was not hot. The door had trouble closing all the way, the AC shut on and off all night waking us up frequently. The staff (other than a night staff guy named Justin) was short and unapologetic when we asked about the broken Internet. (Which is why we didn't bother to ask about anything afterwards). Don't plan on staying an an Econolodge again, would rather spend double the money for a good nights rest!

• Stayed June 2013
I apologize that your stay with us was a negative one.

We do keep out hot tub at a temperature of 101-104 degrees, since this was not quite hot enough, we will consider increasing the temperature in the future. The AC shut on and off all night because it was trying to maintain the temperature. All AC units do this, it is a little more noticeable when in a hotel room, however, due to the AC unit being mounted on the wall instead of the roof/outside.

I hope that if you do ever come back through Flagstaff you will give our hotel another try. We are currently renovating the hotel and are looking forward to having a fresh new look and feel for our customers.
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The rate was a little over price didn't honor the first rate that I book for and will be contacting Choice support. There was trash outside of my door when I arrived to my room. A pro was that it is close to the freeway and there are places to eat close by.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
We appreciate your stay at our hotel and will look to resolve the problems you stated in your review.

Prineville, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Rate - Good  Title - Quick overnightThis is a hotel for a rode trip overnight.....the rooms are quite smallbut they are nicely done. We had all that we needed. and the location is veryConvenient being just off the freeway. You do have to drive a short distance forfood and drink. Best about this hotel is the great staff!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We hope that if you ever do come through flagstaff again, you will choose to stay with us at Econo Lodge Lucky Ln. as we are upgrading our hotel and remodeling the rooms. If you choose to stay with us again we will have the same friendly staff but a new, better look.
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The cheap rooms are not very good but the suites are roomy and quite nice. Wireless internet was excellent. Friendly desk people. Heater-AC is the very good kind, at least it was in my room, with the steady on option, as opposed to the bad ones that bang on and off all night. Breakfast, is minimal.

But I too object to the $4 surcharge that they tack on, and unlike every other hotel in the Choice chain that slips in a sneaky profit-raising surcharge or safe charge or green charge or whatever they want to call it, this place would NOT remove it upon request and claimed it is some sort of legal requirement (the Quality Inn across the street has no "surcharge", and if you are interested in hotel breakfasts they have a much nicer one, but their rooms are not that great).

Would I stay here again? Yes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Queen Charlotte, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Took a chance and booked a night here after a bad sleep 2 nights ago at a different local chain hotel. Liked it so much that we booked tonight also!The queen bed was firm , lotsa hot water, good tub/shower, fast and free wireless, basic free breakfast and a great price. Unlike previous hotel, the advertised indoor hot tub and pool were actually in service!! They're dinky but nice. While the sauna was out of service, there is a fantastic steam room, unadvertised! Last night we shared the hot tub with a family of 5, which was cozy, but struck up a nice conversation. Great way to meet people! Tonight I had the entire spa to myself. There's also a small fitness centre, 2 machines, that we'll try tomorrow am. My only complaint for management: the first room we were offered had a suite door to the next unit which transferred 99% of TV noise from room next door. Nope, they did not have it up too loud, as it was quieter o/s their hall door than in our room. If that suite door were a hatch on a boat, we would have sunk and drowned. Staff immediately and cheerfully gave us a quiet room. All in all, a fantastic value!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We did a last minute trip to play in the snow as did everyone else apparently. Hotel was packed. Very pleasant young girl at checkin. Poor harassed man trying to handle the breakfast room. He said people were grabbing tables and sitting there for hours instead of eating and leaving. My husband said people were just coming in off the streets to freeload. =( The pool and fitness room would have been ok except the crowds. Tile in the pool area very smooth not textured at all. Luckily no one slipped! Rooms were surprisingsly roomy and there was a nice kitchenette. Beds were very soft which the boys liked but not my daughter and me. Location made it so we could avoid the crowded downtown.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!