“Strange, it was a hotel with stark halls, bare, no warmth, nothing welcoming other than front desk” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Lucky Lane

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #43 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel room had the following; an ironing board in the wall, wifi, breakfast (for those who eat that kind of food, nothing healthy and no fruit), hair dryer, mini frig, and coffee maker. The king bed was very comfy though the room faced the hiway, it was too noisy to keep a window open and the room was stuffy/warm considering it was Flagstaff. The fan was noisy and the 2 towels felt more like a souring pad. The halls were tacky but it was 'quiet, very'. The indoor hot tub worked with an indoor pool, towels supplied. Front desk was slow with registration considering the room was booked via phone two days prior. It was, for what we got, a bit pricey however, it was parent's weekend, fall in Flagstaff. Thus, less expensive than other options. Hotel hard to find, it's hidden off the road next to Days Inn and Lucky Lane is not lit, a huge factor that impacted the arrival time, searching for Lucky (?) Lane.

Room Tip: Rooms on other side of hiway, on the 2nd 3rd floor as there are still smoking rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The front desk staff was friendly and acceptably accomodating. We stayed on a recent night when literally every other hotel in Flagstaff was booked, and we paid over $100 for this dump. The common areas were dingy and out of date but not unclean. The room itself was tiny and skeevy. It was a non-smoking room but it reeked of cleaner and stale smoke. The stench from the cleaner was overpowering. The curtain stunk and it had moth holes all over the back lining. The air conditioner unit blew the curtain all over the place. It's also very noisy, being right beside the train track and highway.

• Stayed September 2012
Lancaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I booked on line and sometimes you get bite, but not here. Stayed 2 nights. Motel was well maintained and modern. Motel was clean had a nice indoor pool and good breakfast. Room was great and bed comfy.I would stay again if I was in Flagstaff. A good value.

Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This was our last hotel on a marathon trip from California to Alabama and back. It was not a planned stop and we had to use our mobile devices to find a simple hotel to stay at for one night. I checked prices online and the quote rate was $79. When we checked in, the clerk said the going rate was $89, but was more than agreeable to lower it to $79 once I showed her the internet rate on my phone. The room was very basic. However, it was quiet, clean, had free wi-fi, a micro fridge, microwave, and was a perfect place to crash for the night. There was a Denny's and a Cracker Barrel in walking distance. Other fast food locations were also very close. The next morning, even though the breakfast area was not open at 5:30, the breakfast clerk saw me walking through the lobby and offered me some fresh coffee she had just brewed.
After having driven nearly 14 hours, this was a great place to stop and just recharge for the night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a totally. DISGUSTING hotel. Filthy dirty,cramped and I'll equipped rooms, rude and insulting management, No WI-Fi!! Grudgingly the manager refused to admit that the bedside light was shorting out! Stay at this hotel at your own risk! There is no rating to describe how awful this hotel is. A building code inspector should be advised so as to inspect this building. In my opinion it will be shut down.

Room Tip: Do not go to this hotel. Going there would endanger your life.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Another lengthy review but hopefully it will help with your decision making!
I chose this hotel because it offered indoor pool/spa, the free breakfast, and the location. For starters, I noticed a lot of the older reviews were complaints about management/staff etc, I never encountered any issues so I never had to ask for the manager and the girls out the check in counters were very pleasant. We were given a room down the hall on the 1st floor, everything in me said to ask for a top floor to avoid upstairs noise but I went with it anyways...too convenient to say no to 1 minute walk to the breakfast, pool and exit. The lobby offers all day lemonade and I would assume fruit punch kool-aid and maybe coffee. The ice vending machine along with the candy/soda machines. In the lobby they have a small table of places that offer discounts to eat next to the brochure rack. Our room was probably the smallest we ever stayed in, but was relatively clean and welcoming. One stain stuck out on the back of the desk chair and some mildew/mold stains on the shower ceiling and caulking. Corners of the bathroom grout could use a little more attention, but nothing major. The towels were nice and clean, and soft to boot! The shampoo and soap samples are harsh, bring your own if possible. Never tried the lotion. I noticed that the room is a joining room, they have the door locked and a chair in front of it. The big bulky t.v. sat on top of a fairly new modern piece of entertainment furntiure in front of an old mirror, they must have left it there to avoid repairing. They did place a nice long length mirror between the t.v. and mystery door. There was a small fridge hidden in this furniture piece, no freezer option at all. There was a block of ice forming at the back so we placed our freezing packets next to it, didn't do any good though. There was a desk with a 1 cup coffee maker, looked like they offer room service as my husband noticed the menu. The bathroom was small, light switch on the outside...which leaves you at the mercy of whomever thinks its funny to turn the light off when your on the toilet ;) Otherwise, the t.v. has some cable channels...doesn't matter to us if there is no HBO, your bound to find something on and if not, go do something else =) Most of my postings generally include the AC since this is a big deal breaker for me, if it's got enough complaints about how noisy it is...we're not staying. This was a very nice unit, very quiet...the only thing I pondered was...small room, AC set to 70 to sleep, still spent most of the night on top of the covers and hot?! The next night we started about 8pm and set it to 60, this made a difference to me...not my husband. We left it at 65 for the rest of the night, it was better than the night before but again, husband disagrees. The beds were nice, the bedding and pillows were soft and sufficient. Floors were not in a bad state at all. The only time we heard anyone was upstairs, knew this would happen but it was a gamble. Who knows if the people are just heavy footed or just thin floors. Whenever someone takes a shower the pipes making a knocking noise, so if your a light sleeper this will probably wake you up. On our last day we took showers about 10am and there was hardly any hot water, so take it early if you want a nice hot shower. Oh, my last gripe...again, no day curtains! It's either hello world or hello darkness! Moving onto breakfast, just to recap other postings...yes there is waffle making machines, takes about 3 minutes to get one cooked...so lines waiting for it moves relatively fast. While I waited, I ate cereal (raisin bran or plain cheerios was the choice). They had mini cinnamon raisin bagels, pastries and muffins right out of the box. Bread for toasting, Philly cream cheese, butters and jelly's. No peanut butter for the waffles =( but I brought my own just in case so all is =) again. Syrup on the tables, Minute Maid orange juice and apple juice along with coffee and milk for your beverage options. There were about 15 or so tables that people were coming and going, never had to wait for a seat. Stuff ran out all the time, the lady doing the breakfast shift was always going back and forth trying to keep up. The indoor pool/spa is nice because at night the weather drops quite a bit, and you don't have to swim through outdoor debris. The pool was very chilly though, I thought I read it was supposed to be heated but I tell you this now, its not! The spa is nice, we only got to use this one night as the 2nd night it was too crowded in both to do anything. The floor around the pool is dangerously wet so please use caution. There is a workout room in the same area, it's blocked off but it has glass viewing to and from the pool...never used it but saw there was a treadmill in there and some other equipment too. Lots of seating is available near and away from the pool. I believe the hours are 10am-10pm to use the facilities. They also offer pool towels so you don't have to use your own! Overall the hotel was very clean and up to expectations, just a bit more costly than we were looking for. Lucky Lane is almost entirely hotels and restaurants, closest walking distance is probably about 5-10 minutes. Walmart is right down at the end of the street, gas stations are very close by as well. Neighborhood is safe and clean, no problems. Trains are too far off to hear them by the way. Definitely recommended and would stay here again!

Room Tip: Booking direct offered the best deal.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

On our 2 week road trip this hotel had the most comfortable beds! The staff was very nice. Our TV was dated and when we would hit the power button it would get in a cycle of turning on and off. Not a bad place to stay in Flagstaff!

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Econo Lodge Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!