“simply okay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Greenville, North Carolina
“simply okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

It was just okay. Really not a picky person, I just like things to be clean, quiet, everything in good working shape and the staff to be courteous and helpful. The furniture was okay, the mattresses were worn and I felt like I was rolling towards my son. It could have been cleaner. Found hair in the sheets. There was a huge crack underneath the door. I know it is a budget hotel but why do most of them have this huge crack! The front doors were kept open and I felt like people could just walk off the street and help themselves to the first floor rooms. Just felt uneasy the whole time. Was kinda noisy at certain times like in the morning when the cleaning staff started work or when people arrived or departed. I would most likely spend a little more and stay at a better hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
helpone, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Lucky Lane, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
I am sorry this guest felt this way. Our beds are a year and a half old and they are Beauty Rest by Simmons. I again am sorry about the experience. The doors are made like this because at the time it was made for guest receipts to go under the door. The doors do remain open until 10pm when my night desk clerk comes on duty. Then they are shut. We are staffed here 24 hours a day and keep an eye on people coming and going during the night. In our guest booklet it states that our housekeeping starts at 9 am. We are an indoor hotel so our guest do move around early in the morning. Again I am sorry you had trouble with your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed in during the third week of june...as always we booked it weeks in advance with the hotel staff knowing that we have a pet with us. We spoke to one of the front desk associates over the phone and confirmed everything. She also agreed to waive the pet fee due our dog was not going to left alone in the room. Upon the day of check in, the hotel staff was very friendly and saw our dog and gave our rooms keys. The next morning during breakfast as we took turns walking the the dog, the owner/manager an older male asked my wife what room she was in as she held the dog. My wife replied with room number and he immediately checked if we had a pet fee charged. The owner told us no pet fee was charged and he would just add it on the bill. We immediately told the owner that it was waived as we checked in. The rude owner told us he didn't care and was going to charge us $20.00 and showed a sign that he made up by the front desk. We then showed the email stating pet fees are $15.00 no matter what size, the rude owner told us again that he didn't care because he owns the hotel. I told him that he was a money hungry and the pet fee was not an problem but his rudeness, the misunderstanding about the pet fee was between him and his associates. The RUDE owner continued to argue with us about the pet fee after we showed him the confirmation email about the reservation. As the rude owner notice he was losing the arguement and he immediately turned around and told us to leave. So we packed up and moved to the neighboring hotel that was very helpful and pet friendly and knows about the RUDE OLD MAN that owns econo lodge in lucky lane...I reported the owner to Better Business Bureau.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
helpone, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge Lucky Lane, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Pet fees were charged to guest who wish to have pets in room. Service animals are allowed with no charge.Since Jan 11 we have had 202 pets accompany their owners. So comments made by this guest are TOTALLY not acceptable. Management ask guest to leave when he started using foul language in front of children in the lobby.
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

In spite of some of the poor reviews on this hotel we decided to stay for one night recently. We were most surprised by the standardat the low price we paid. The hotel was immaculate, with inside swimming pool & good air conditioning. The room was spacious & clean although the bed was not as comfortable as some. All the usual amenities were available such as free internet access, TV, fridge, tea & coffee etc. The breakfast was basic but then so was the price. I can't understand why people over here expect 5 star facilities at 2 star prices. They should come to the UK then they would understand what basic is!! In England you would expect to pay twice as much to get what you get here. People in America don't understand how lucky they are to have such choices.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

I wish I would have read the other reviews before going there. The older man who runs the place can't get much more unhelpful.
The room was dirty, sheets had stained yellow spots (I hope they were stains). Our heater/AC fan was raucous sounding and the bath fan was much too noisy. The toilet had someone else's hair on it. The pool was very green and murky. The breakfast time was cut short, because as the manager said, "Too many kids. Other places are getting $200". Because of the Memorial weekend, we paid over $200 for 2 nights, and I sorely wished we would have had another motel to go to. It wasn't worth $40 a night. The manager was not receptive to any requests for help and was intimidating to talk to. I don't want anyone having to put up with a stay like this.

Room Tip: Don't go by their own website reviews.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2011

this hotel, is in a great location not far form flagstaff, stopped here on the way to grand canyon and found the staff so friendly and helpfull. the rooms were a good size and they were averagely clean. the hotel was good for a few nights stay no complains was very pleasant. the town flagstaff is a lovely place would go back. the pool on the other hand in the hotel looks a bit murkey and we didnt use it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed on the way to the Grand Canyon. The staff was very helpful. Older hotel, the rooms were kept OK, but the beds were awful. Wallpaper was peeling off the wall, but all in all it was a good cheap place to stay the night.

• Stayed September 2010
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

...stayed here quite a bit over the last 2 to 3 years, but never again.

I have always been very pleased with the facility, but alas, something happened. I'm sure that the Manager will get on here and disagree with everything that's written because it appears that is what he likes to do.

One of his rebuttals was that all the furniture had been replaced this year... NOT! The room we stayed in had a chair that had stains all over it. So wrong on that one.

Management is rude and not helpful anymore. Didn't want to restock the continental breakfast - asked me what it needed??? No since I don't work there, I wouldn't know what it needed.

The story gets worse, but I will not even explain the lousy treatment I received. Unfortunately, by doing that, they lost a good customer...

Choice is also being advised of this. Maybe they'll do something - send out their CEO undercover again, lol. Since he appears to care so much prehaps he will rethink this hotel...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!