“Ok Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Townsville
“Ok Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

We stayed two night at this Days Inn. Firstly for us this was just somewhere to sleep and nothing more as our days were were very busy touring the Grand Canyon. The room and service was adequate for the price. The breakfast area is to small for the amount of rooms but the food was ok. Our room was clean and mostly in good condition except for the light above the bed which shorted out and smoked the room up on the morning we were leaving.There is a 24hr Ihop next door which is handy if your getting in late or an early riser and want something better then the breakfast served at the hotel. Other then the light incident our stay was problem free and for the money we paid it was what we expected.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
SAFFORD, ARIZONA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

This is the biggest dump I've ever seen. It was obvious from the outside I had made a big mistake by booking this room with hotels.com. But after traveling all day, and now in Flagstaff during Cardinals training camp....everything was booked. I decided to check in and see what the rooms looked like.
HA! It reeked of mold. It was absolulety disgusting. There were mysterious holes in various places in the walls and ceilings. The first room, the toilet did not work, the second room we got into was as nasty as the first.

Once in the second room, I told the kids, dont even sit on the bed.... its too grose in here. I immediatley called HOTELS.com on the phone to see if there was anything they could do to help me out of this place... while standing in the middle of the room... back to back... me and my two sons, the janitor who had been acting strangely, walked by and looked in our window. He had seen us walk in there just a few minutes before.

That was it! We loaded up and found a better place on Route 66.

The health department needs to shut this joint down. Very ran-down, it smells of mold and rat dumpings... very raunchy.
I urge you not to stay here. I would not even recommend for a solo traveler on business. There is no telling what you are sleeping on at this place.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
las vegas, nv.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

stayed at this hotel for a night on our way to the east coast from las vegas...not bad but not great, typical days inn fare. The room was okay, the bed adequate. The room was clean and we weren't disturbed so it was fairly quiet. The location is great for easy on/off highway access. We didn't hear the train at all at this hotel and we have stayed in flagstaff several times prior where we did hear it...the free breakfast was minimal at best, coffee, donuts, juice, not much else and it takes place in the lobby area which is pretty small. Indoor pool but we did not utilize it on this trip. Plenty of restaurants nearby the hotel so it is convenient for that as well. Would consider staying again in the future, the rate wasn't bad and it was only for the night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

Room was spacious and clean, carpet looked new and beds were comfortable. Did not hear any neighbors coming or going and the hotel was busy. When our young girls jumped off the beds and were jumping around the floors did not vibrate or make that loud thud noise parents know and fear wondering if the people in the room below you can hear your over excited penned up kids. Continental breakfast was perfect for me and our small children. Cereal, toast, oatmeal, juice, milk, coffee. If this does not work for you
I-Hop is no kidding 25 feet away and there is Wal-Mart shopping center is across the street. Employees were friendly and Rocio was very nice to talk to. We will be back again next year for the Fair and we will stay again with the Days Inn I-40 Thank You.

**One item that bothered me was the back security door did not work so anyone could open the door and get into the hotel. Front ones worked by the lobby you needed your room key to get in. However, the door by the back parking lot did not close or lock at all.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

No real problems. Shower was creaky and felt like you would fall through the 2nd story floor....but we didn't. Convenient location for trips to Canyon or to get back on I-40.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

The rooms are large but very dated. The hotel looks tired, but affordable and an ok place to sleep - it's clean and has free breakfast (in the lobby and not much on offer). It is what it is - a place to sleep if you're visiting the Grand Canyon. We didn't go there with high expectations, and we weren't disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

Check in was a total nightmare! The staff working that evening was absolutely wretched and the manager wasn't much better! The spa could seat only about four people and there is no swimming pool. Breakfast was dreadful and there were only three tables in the "breakfast area", which is actually the lobby (can't tell that from the pictures!). We had a suite, which overall, could have been very nice, but the recliner was broken and stained, as was the fold out couch. The staff made us "check out" additional pillows, since none were provided for the fold out bed. The internet did not work in our room (although it did in my friend's room two doors down) and the staff was not helpful in getting it running. We were not given sufficient towels for our needs. However, the bed itself was comfortable and the carpet seemed fairly new.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn I-40/Flagstaff? Share your experiences!