“Pretty good” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Denver, Colorado
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

A reasonable place to lay your head for the night. Comfy beds - everything worked... pretty clean looking although the carpet did look scary & smelled a chemical cleaning as we walked in.
But all in all... staff was OK... not cheery but not rude. The juice, muffin, toast "breakfast" was welcomed in the morning. Did not use the pool but it looked clean. I would stay here again if I was passing thru Flagstaff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
familyinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Flagstaff University, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
I thank you very much for your positive review. Im glad to hear everything went well during your stay and we hope to see you during your next visit in the Flagstaff area.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Running Springs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here on 8/11/12. At 2:30 in the night our daughter woke us crying hysterically. She had Bed Bugs in her clothes, bed, under the mattress, and crawling up the wall, and numerous bites. I photographed all of this and collected 8 larvae and adults which I showed to the front desk person. He showed no concern for the trauma to my daughter, acted annoyed that we were bothering him, and started yelling at us when we asked for a refund. He said we could move to a smoking room!! Who would do that!?!? Our phone calls to the owner were ignored. We have reported this to the Dept of Environmental Services. They are going to inspect the place. It infuriates me even more now that I have read several reviews here who also report Bed Bugs!! I have never written a review and am not a complainer, but this is just criminal! This place should be shut down!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed at the Flagstaff property this weekend (Room 225) Have to say that multiple items were evident. BOTH of the chair in the room were broken- the arms pull loose from one chair, the other has a missing back that could easily dump a guest backward. The edge of the box spring on the bed closest to the bathroom has stains along the length of it- looks like someone threw up on it and left evidence. In the center of the back wall is a stain as well. The sign says heated pool, the water was icy. I know it is summer in Arizona, but in a town that is dropping into the 60's at night, that water was cold. In addition, not a single towel was available in the towel cart at poolside. Someone had cast off a couple of pizza boxes on top of one of the trashcans Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning, they had been knocked off the trash can and were laying on the ground. None of the staff, some of whom were seen passing the boxes, saw fit to pick them up or throw them away properly. For 84 dollars a night, I don't expect the Waldorf. However, when staying at a name brand property, I DO expect a room that is cleaner and safer than some of the crash pad properties in Flagstaff and elsewhere. There is a clear lack of attention to detail, to cleanliness, and to appearance overall. I am not inclined at this time to use the Econolodge brand in the future!

Room Tip: How to choose a good room? Choose a different property!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently and although not very happy with our room the price quoted over-the-phone was reflected of the room so it was ok. We didn't use the pool because it left alot to be desired, same with the gym. But my biggest disappointment was with the added charges to my final bill. I was not aware and no attempt was made to make me aware of the hidden charges and different room rates according to the day of the week. Management denied any responsibility for this and denied any refund ~ Beware!

Room Tip: Please be sure to ask for the price of your room; also ask if there are any other charges that you s...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Don't stay here. The front desk clerks are rude, lights didn't work, towels were old and my room was filthy. Very disappointing. This is supposedly a AAA rated property, but shouldn't be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

Our room was dirty so we asked for another, only to find that the next AND the third were worse. The front desk attendants were grumpy slackers and they forgot to service our room for two straight days. Disgusting.

• Stayed June 2012
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for NAU registration. Check in was at 3....we got there at 3:15 and the girl didn't look up, greet us,or even acknowledge us. When we asked her if our room was ready...she said, "probably not"....not even offering any more information. We stood there.....for what seemed like minutes....(maybe 15 sec.) before she called to a girl behind her and asked if our room was ready. She came up and after saying yes, gave us our key....not even directing us to where it was. When she told me what the final bill was, I mentioned that we were referred by a friend who said it cost her 40.00 a night. She said room prices are marked up when events happen in town....and because it was registration time at NAU, they were higher. (really,......who tells people about this??) LOL anyway...... The room was dirty, the floor wasn't even vacuumed, a roach ran across the floor towards the bathroom. The toilet seat was broken and when you sat on it, you slid off to each side. The fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine was revving up.... I could go on....but it's not worth it....I could have stayed at a MUCH nicer place for 75.00.....This is soooooo NOT a fair price for a dirty, rundown, old motel! We won't be back!! We checked out other options for further visits and found better, nice, cheaper places.....

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Been to Econo Lodge Flagstaff University? Share your experiences!