“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Someone here is really trying to operate this place on a shoestring. When we arrived, there was one person - with only two days experience - manning the desk. Couldn't make any new room keys - something was wrong with the system and there was no backup plan. One of us had to stay in the room or we had to go get the front desk person to let us in with the master key everytime we went out. Internet connection was almost useless. Room was not impressive at all. Breakfast offering was minimal as well. Too bad as location wasn't bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
familyinn, General Manager at Econo Lodge Flagstaff University, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
I do apologize about the experience you have received. Unfortunately our key card encoder system to issue keys was down and inoperable. At that point our backup system could do no justice as it’s a rare situation and never happens. The company that provides service to those locks has sent a new encoder which takes a week and that’s the expedited time frame. I understand that is something to be very upset about however it was out of our control. I do apologize about the remaining issues and I will make certain that these issues are properly addressed. I do hope you would still consider us in the near future to serve your lodging needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
illinios
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I spent 2 nights. Clean rooms, decent breakfast. The pool was a little murky and needed to be skimmed and the bathroom fan was really loud. The front desk personnel were very helpful. Worth the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
I do thank you very much for your positive feedback and I’m extremely pleased that your stay was pleasant. We appreciate your business and I do hope to serve your lodging needs in the future. Thank you
Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

I was offered a room that allows pets as I travel with my dog. The room is not impressive yet it has the basics. I awoke to bedbugs crawling on me! Gross! I got up and left and at 4:30 am and the night desk had no authority to inspect or guarantee a full refund. I worked with Triple A, on which it was their site I had made the reservation, and the following day, I was not contacted by the manager Kevin, I phoned the front desk and they looked my name up and I was told I was credited and there was no charge to my credit card. Now I have to worry about taking these gross bugs home with me and fumigating my belongings and my dog, no thanks to Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: I hope I can/wish I could leave a NO rating for "Sleep Quality" and "Value"... n...
Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
I do apologize sincerely for the experience you have received. We have taken recent management over the property and I have taken the proper procedures to have all rooms inspected and treated if necessary. I understand that this issue is becoming more common throughout hotels in the U.S. as there is a huge outbreak currently occurring. I can assure you this issue has been taken care of and I hope you will still consider us for your lodging needs in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

DONT STAY HERE. I got BED BUGS after i slept here for 1 night and when i reported and complained to the hotel their GM "Kevin" basically told
me to go F myself.

• Stayed February 2012
I do apologize about the inconvenience pertaining towards how poorly the recent manager handled the situation and of course what you have experienced at the property. I have taken over management recently and I assure you we have taken the proper measures to get the property back in line for success. I do hope that you will give us another try in the future and hopefully earn your business.
avondale,az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

the room we stayed in was a bit nicer as what i had expected, had memory foam bed. room was clean and it doesnt smell bad.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
I do thank you for your positive review and I hope to see you again if your ever in the Flagstaff area.
Glendale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Our high school concert/jazz band and orchestra recently had the pleasure of spending two nights at this hotel. They were absolutely wonderful. The manager could not have been more supportive (even when some of our group's behavorior left much to be desired). In making the reservations, the staff was super friendly and helpful. They were very accommodating of our group's needs, the rooms were all nice and clean and the location can't be beat. I would definitely recommend staying here to anybody going to Flagstaff!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I’m glad to hear that your stay went very well. I appreciate your business as well as your positive feedback and I hope to serve your lodging needs in the future if you’re ever in the area.
NY's Finger Lakes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

A good value. A room and a bed with no frills. The heater was pretty loud all night.

• Stayed February 2012
I do appreciate your honest feedback. Your honest feedback helps drive our property in the right direction by addressing the issues that draw concern from customers as yourself. This helps us to make corrections to prevent issues as these arising for future customers. I thank you very much and I hope to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Been to Econo Lodge Flagstaff University? Share your experiences!