“GREAT PLACE to study and relax before exams” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3030 East Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“GREAT PLACE to study and relax before exams”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I came here just to take my MCATs at the prometric testing center just a mile away. They put me in the most quiet room. They held my belongings during the exam after I checked out and were very friendly. I do want to caution people that this place is in high demand during the summer months. They politely turned people away. This Best Western has been remodeled and is really nice so people who were turned away asked, "Is there another Best Western in town? Is it as nice as this one?" There is no gym but there is a mini-fridge and hot tub and a really great continental breakfast with boiled and scrambled eggs. I think there was bacon and sausage too but I didn't look for those. They have a 24 hour coffee machine which was great for me. Overall, I couldn't ask to stay at a more convenient and accommodating place!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at the Pony Soldier on our way to Colorado. Although the hotel is a dated building, we found it to be in good repair and maintenance. The room was nicely decorated and came with a living room area and two bathrooms. The bed was comfortable.

We found the room to be rather quiet with no noise from trains or traffic. The only noise problem we experienced was a trash truck dumping dumpsters behind the adjoining businesses. That was not the fault of the Best Western.

Breakfast was well prepared with a variety of items.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked online -we tend to stay at Best Westerns as we have learned to trust the name. Our suite was comfortable but it was a treat to have two dressing areas and two bathrooms. Breakfast was average but we did not walk away hungry. Would definitely stay here again. Train tracks across the street did not bother us at all.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Right next to a major railway track with trains going up and down all night. Fly screen on room broken, beds on the hard side room had a musty smell!? Breakfast poor only eggs no bacon or sausage. Sorry have used Best Western across the globe very disappointing. :( However staff were very pleasant and the room was clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Chose to stay at this location based on ads portraying Best Westerns "Branding" concept. Upon check in, we were informed that there was no elevator. This was fine as we were on the second (top) floor.The front desk let us know that the building was an older model but that the rooms had been updated to the BW brand. They were accommodating per our room type request. However if dirty carpet up the stairs, chipped paint throughout the room and what looked to be man's biological fluid dried down the front of the headboard..if this BW branding then I am very disappointed.luckily there waa another bed in the room as the hotel was completely booked. Heard the trains all nite long. The best part of staying here was the breakfast in the morning .

• Stayed June 2013
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved my stay at this hotel, the staff couldn't of been more friendly and helpful if the tried!! The rooms are superb and comfy beds... I asked for a room next to the railway because I came here as a boy and wanted to re-live that memory and they accommodated me for that. I would stay here again and again if I had the chance, thanks for a great few days!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Bainbridge Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Arrived at 10 pm and left at 630 am, so basically checked in, watched a bit of TV, slept, showered, had breakfast, and left. And the good news is that the breakfast attendant opened the door to the breakfast room ten minutes early so that I could have a quick bite before heading off. And it was a decent breakfast spread - cereal, boiled eggs, toast, yogurt, fruit, pastries. I think they had a waffle maker, though I'm not positive.

Room itself was a bit small, but certainly adequate. Mattress fine. Bathroom fine. My room was pretty much in back of the building, so away from the highway and the railroad tracks. Some light sounds from the adjacent room, but not enough to bother me (and I'm pretty sensitive to between room noise).

So, for a night's sleep, perfectly fine. Beyond that, might be better choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back, away from the street and RR tracks.