“booked through Wyndham, but issues at Travelodge” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #22 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
PHOENIX
“booked through Wyndham, but issues at Travelodge”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

arrived early just to confirm I could get adjoining rooms as I had 3 teenage boys. I was told no adjoining rooms, but one next door, which ok will do. when we came back to check in, the man behind counter wanted to charge me more than I booked it for. I questioned this, and fortunately had the original booking paperwork with the price, which he then gave me the same price. Not sure if I pissed him off, or what, but the two rooms we got,where in the corner (107/108) had no internet, and I could only get phone service is certain parts of the room. The bathroom could use some serious updating with the bath all peeling and the tiles with black (mold) the window had no lock so had to 1. hope no one broke in, 2. block it being opened with a coat hanger. The door had to be slammed to shut it, and I was wondering as they obviously where renovating rooms, we got the rooms still to be done. The breakfast was merger, but ok, the female staff I talked to where very friendly and helpful.
I know it was a budget hotel, but don't advertise things like wifi, or cellphone service if these are not a option in ALL rooms. I shouldn't have to specify I need these things when they are offered. Would I stay here again..no. one positive was there was not too much train noise

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear guest:

Thank you for this completed review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate your valuable feedback.

However, we do want to sincerely apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. We agree that it's unacceptable for our guests to struggle with unreliable wifi (an issue we're currently rectifying) issues.

I will make sure this issue is resolved promptly, alongside the other updates and improvements we're making, which include: a new rooftop, complete remodel of our lobby and breakfast areas, new staircases, internal paint job, carpeting, mattresses, and flat-screen televisions!

Again, we do apologize. We are doing whatever we can to improve this property, which is very, very old. We do, however, feel very confident that after these renovations, our property will be nearly unrecognizable in how much it's improved!

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Mesa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This motel was less than others in the area and I got what I paid for. Clean but old. Hard beds, stained tub, frayed carpet, etc.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thank you for your feedback!

We apologize for the average experience you had during your stay with us, including the "hard beds, stained tub, and frayed carpet." It's worth noting that our property is currently being refurbished, including the installation of new carpet, and the application of new paint -- these are two of the many improvements we're making to our property!

It's our hope that despite your previous "average" experience, you'll consider staying with us again in the future, especially now that we're making so many improvements!

If there's anything that I can do to further assist you, please let me know.

Scottsdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The door to my room wouldn't close without slamming it so hard the entire building shook. Once closed, the door had a gap large enough to put a billfold through (in February!). The bathroom faucet didn't work, so there was no cold water. And, finally, there was a hole in the bathroom window (in February!). I called the front desk to report these things and nothing at all was done. Don't stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dear guest:

We sincerely appreciate your feedback on our property. Thank you for providing us with this review on TripAdvisor.

However, we do sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. It's worth mentioning that we're currently in the process of refurbishing our hotel -- these updates include new rooftops, staircases, paint job (internally), mattresses, carpeting, and flat-screen televisions! While we are working on these current renovations, I will make sure to also address the issues you expressed in your review.

Again, we apologize for your dissatisfaction. If there is anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me, personally. I would love to help!

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Travelodge Flagstaff? Share your experiences!