“Watch your belongings!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Chicago, Illinois
“Watch your belongings!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Literally 5 minutes after my family and I checked out, I returned to the room in search for an ipad my 5 year old son left behind (Checked out of room #527, 3/24/14). A housekeeper by the name of Rachel was in the room just getting started. I asked her if she had seen a black ipad my son left behind. She said, "No, I just got here!" I proceeded to page the ipad using find my ipad and heard the beeping coming from the hallway. I found the ipad hidden behind neatly folded towels. This was no mistake! There was only a handful of neatly folded towels in the horizontal second row shelf and nothing else. There is no way she could have "accidentally" placed the ipad in that area. After speaking to the General Manager and head of housekeeping, I barely received an apology, and a half hearted one at that. This hotel is clearly highly ranked. So if you choose to stay there, at least watch your belongings, know the staff is untrustworthy, and understand they won't do anything to remedy valid customer complaints!

Stayed March 2014
DruryHotels, Regional Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for bringing your concern to our attention. Our hotels all have very strict guidelines on what to do whenever guests leave items behind in their rooms after checkout, and we are confident this unit would have been properly logged into our system. Unfortunately, our housekeeper did not know if you were the guest registered to the room when you came into the room, and as such, she was not going to provide this unit until she contacted management and your identity was verified. When you pinged your iPad, you heard it on her cart and removed it yourself. I am very glad you got your item back, and we will review with our long term team member that for an item that valuable, management should have been called to the room at the time.

Thank you for your business, and we are proud that our team member found your item and had it in her cart ready to take to the lost and found on her next trip. Please feel free to contact the hotel if you would like to discuss your experience in greater detail.

Gordon R.,
Regional Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the nicest, cleanest Drury Inn I have ever been to! Upon arrival, we were greeted by Bryan who was extremely friendly and helpful. We stayed for 3 nights and he made a point to speak to us every time he saw us. Our room was immaculate. The bedding and towels were fresh and the carpet was clean. This hotel has a covered parking garage, which is free of charge for customers. The breakfast has a nice variety of foods (sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, potatoes, etc.). Victoria greeted us each morning and had such a cheerful personality. The complimentary food in the evening is such a nice bonus. The hotel is in an excellent location. The price was very reasonable, especially when you consider that you are getting 2 free meals per day. There also is unlimited soft drinks, and adults get 3 complimentary alcoholic drinks per day. I would definitely stay here again and would highly recommend it to others!

• Stayed March 2014
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stay here and you are right in the middle of beautiful, quaint Flagstaff, in easy walking distance to the University and great restaurants.
Good breakfast and dinner (with 3 free drinks); good quality cable/TV. Nice windows; I wish they would open some at least or allow the little windows to open. Think on that would you; nothing like fresh air.
I actually liked how they allowed dogs there; all the dogs were friendly, and only made a bit of noise in the morning, but it was brief and after 7 or 8; so no big deal. That said, if you allow animals, clean those hallways more; they looked on the dirty side, probably from our four footed friends.
Fairly large rooms, with a good layout and excellent views. The heat/AC worked well.
I saw the pool and hot tub, but didn't try them. I would stay here again; it's a little pricier than some places, but they treat you well and take care of all your needs.
Note that parking is limited, and you will likely have to park in the parking garage across the lot, but it's free for hotel guests. If you found this review helpful somehow, give it a helpful vote won't you? Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dundas, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We are driving from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada to the Grand Canyon. We decided to splurge after 3600 km and are staying at the Drury Inn. Our boys, 13 and 16, have been so excited about this hotel. The complimentary hot buffet breakfast is so delicious and the three cocktails per adult, per evening and appetizers served as dinner. They served pasta and meatballs, hotdogs, mac and cheese, chicken fingers, baked potatoes and lots of other munchies. Not to sound cheap, but feeding two teenage boys at restaurants for two weeks is beyond our budget!
Never experienced such a pet friendly hotel. Brought our Coton de Tulear with us and saw many other very loved, well travelled pets. So many small details make this place special... friendly housekeeping, large suite, negotiated lower price for our four nights stay, separate living room with pull out sofa for our 16 year old, comfy beds and lazy boy recliner, 'kitchen space with sink, microwave and fridge, free wi-fi, good coffee in the room, 15 mins per evening of free long distance, balcony for our pup to watch the world...we love this place!

Room Tip: If you can negotiate a good price for a suite it gives you so much more room to spread out with olde...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I was very disappointed with our recent stay at the Drury. We found stains and hair on our bathroom towels. The overall feeling of the room was dirty. The dining area was dirty and the staff was unfriendly. As my family and I departed the hotel after our stay, the front desk attendant looked our way but said NOTHING as we existed the hotel. Far cry from our stay at the Happy Valley in Phoenix. I'll never stay at this hotel again :(

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. I apologize for the overall experience of your stay. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations - not disappoint. As I am unable to tell when you stayed or which team members you came in contact with, if you have the time, I would appreciate it if you would call me at the hotel, 928-773-4900, to discuss.

Again, thank you for letting us know, and I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust and allow us to serve your lodging needs the next time you are in Flagstaff.

Jeff T.
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Clean room and dining area, easy and cordial check in, nice variety of breakfast & happy hour items (all complementary). Also, having the parking garage on site is a big plus in Flagstaff. My only complaint about this property is that the windows are sealed shut. There's no way to even get an inch of fresh air. Honestly, this will keep me from returning here. I've stayed at Drury 3 or 4 times and always appreciate the accommodations. But I'm one of those people that, no matter the weather, I want a bit of fresh air. It feels a little confining to be in a sealed room. Yes, there is a little train noise here.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Poway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is our first time to stay in this hotel, we visited our son he goes to NAU and this is the only hotel that's inside the campus property so it was a walking distance for our son. First of all the front desk was not only nice and friendly they're also knowledgeable, they make our first experience in this hotel very welcoming. The rooms were just right for all 4 of us, the breakfast was free and nice selection, the afternoon snacks or light dinner was great also. The free wifi adds up the great value. The staff was always smiling so it's a nice refreshing sight when you see them. The only thing I noticed the carpet on the stairs and the lounge in the second floor need to change but overall I would definitely stay here again. Btw don't forget to just relax in front of the fireplace in the lobby I was reading my book late @night it was very quiet.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the street and it was very quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!