“Clean and modern hotel and a great value” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 S Milton Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #3 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Glendora, California
“Clean and modern hotel and a great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went for a tour of NAU and would definitely stay at this hotel during future visits to Flagstaff.
Food: Getting a free breakfast and free "dinner" with 3-drinks per adult was a great money saver. The appetizers of pasta, meatballs, and hotdogs were enough for us for dinner.
Clean and modern.
Pros: Super friendly and helpful staff. Easy convenient parking. Good beds. Strong shower head. Good and free Wi-Fi.
Con: No in-room safe. A little confusing when driving into and out of the facility. However, if I had asked any of the staff, I'm confident that they have helped.

Room Tip: We had the two-queen (not a suite) and it included a large TV, mini-frig, microwave, armchair, desk...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I enjoyed a few of the perks this chain offered, one was garage parking, which was a delight in the middle of a snow storm. I also enjoyed the fitness center, which had many machines, free weights and cable TV. There was a happy hour in the lounging area with snacks and basic wine/drink options. They have good internet and a free business center. The rooms were big, clean and what you would expect from nice chain hotels. There was also a nice continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The staff was always smiling and very helpful. The free drinks with wide variety of appetizers was just what we needed after an 8 hour drive. The room was large and very comfortable, including TWO reclining chairs. Our room was quiet and well appointed with all our needs. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are typically a Holiday Inn Express family (priority club). But we recently found ourselves needing a place to stay with our dog at the last minute. The local HIE didn't accept pets, so we wound up at the Drury Inn. WOW! Are we glad we did! Cheaper than the HIE, but a MUCH better value: free breakfast (better tasting than the microwaved eggs at HIE), light supper, 3 free drinks at happy hour, laundry facilities, nice pool, and doggie stayed free! Also, free popcorn and fountain drinks available at all hours. Kids and parents and dog are all very happy with this stay- in fact, we added a night and I'm writing this review from my suite. Love it! I'm already looking up Drury Inn for our next stop.

Also, this hotel is well staffed. Several relaxed people at the front desk during the night hours, not just one single person who is doing check ins and running cots to rooms and folding towels like the "other" hotel chain. These people seem genuinely happy that we are here; I feel like royalty! Paula and Wes at the front desk have been awesome, as well as Jessica at the breakfast buffet. And everyone else we've met have been terrific as well.

Don't hesitate to stay here; you'll be glad you did!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I passed through Flagstaff en route to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is clean and inviting, and the room was in excellent shape. The staff member who checked me in recommended Beaver Street Brewery for dinner, and it was great (I'll review that in another post). The next morning, the same employee gave me a map and suggested the most scenic direction to the Grand Canyon. The free breakfast was really good, too, and featured lots of choices. I can definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. It is immaculate and up to date.The room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. I called down to the desk to see if I could check out an hour later, and was cheerfully told that it was not a problem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a person with chemical sensitivities I had relatively high expectations for a hotel that advertises its LEED green status, and indoor air quality specifically. But those expectations started to be disappointed as soon as I took the elevator up to my 5th floor room #527. There was a strong petrochemical stench in the elevator that reminded me of old tires. The room itself had the strong odor of cleaning or disinfectant chemicals that made me immediately want to open the window wide. Alas, the window was bolted shut and could not be opened.

I turned the fan to high but that provided little relief as it seemed impossible to regulate the temperature. Even after we turned the thermostat way down, the incoming air was warm and soon the room was too hot. It stayed that way throughout the night. The bad air in the room and the heat made me feel ill and I didn't sleep very well.

Another problem was noise, both from other guests and the busy main street which is right next to it. Our room was facing the street, and I assume that at least street noise is less of a problem if you get a room on the other side of the hotel.

One feature we were looking forward to was the pool. Alas, at 8pm, that was occupied by a horde of screaming and splashing children.

I think next time we're in Flagstaff, we'll choose a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your inquiry on our LEED features. Most of the LEED features are in the construction and engineering end of things vs. cleaning supplies used. We are sorry that you had such sensitivity to odors in the building. We do have an informational kiosk in our lobby that explains the LEED features in the hotel, such as the dual flush toilets, the solar tubes on the roof, the make-up air system, and overall energy savings information. Depending on what the air temperature was outside that night you stayed, the A/C may not have cooled as much as you hoped. We are sorry you couldn't enjoy the pool as well. Spring Break season was in full force, and still is, until Easter--lots of kids to say the least! We hope you will come see us again soon.

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!