“A Drury Inn convert.....will seek this chain out wherever I stay from now on.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff

You added Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff to your Saves list
Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 S Milton Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Midwest
“A Drury Inn convert.....will seek this chain out wherever I stay from now on.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We are typically a Holiday Inn Express family (priority club). But we recently found ourselves needing a place to stay with our dog at the last minute. The local HIE didn't accept pets, so we wound up at the Drury Inn. WOW! Are we glad we did! Cheaper than the HIE, but a MUCH better value: free breakfast (better tasting than the microwaved eggs at HIE), light supper, 3 free drinks at happy hour, laundry facilities, nice pool, and doggie stayed free! Also, free popcorn and fountain drinks available at all hours. Kids and parents and dog are all very happy with this stay- in fact, we added a night and I'm writing this review from my suite. Love it! I'm already looking up Drury Inn for our next stop.

Also, this hotel is well staffed. Several relaxed people at the front desk during the night hours, not just one single person who is doing check ins and running cots to rooms and folding towels like the "other" hotel chain. These people seem genuinely happy that we are here; I feel like royalty! Paula and Wes at the front desk have been awesome, as well as Jessica at the breakfast buffet. And everyone else we've met have been terrific as well.

Don't hesitate to stay here; you'll be glad you did!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night as I passed through Flagstaff en route to the Grand Canyon. The hotel is clean and inviting, and the room was in excellent shape. The staff member who checked me in recommended Beaver Street Brewery for dinner, and it was great (I'll review that in another post). The next morning, the same employee gave me a map and suggested the most scenic direction to the Grand Canyon. The free breakfast was really good, too, and featured lots of choices. I can definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. It is immaculate and up to date.The room was spacious, and the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was extremely welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. I called down to the desk to see if I could check out an hour later, and was cheerfully told that it was not a problem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

As a person with chemical sensitivities I had relatively high expectations for a hotel that advertises its LEED green status, and indoor air quality specifically. But those expectations started to be disappointed as soon as I took the elevator up to my 5th floor room #527. There was a strong petrochemical stench in the elevator that reminded me of old tires. The room itself had the strong odor of cleaning or disinfectant chemicals that made me immediately want to open the window wide. Alas, the window was bolted shut and could not be opened.

I turned the fan to high but that provided little relief as it seemed impossible to regulate the temperature. Even after we turned the thermostat way down, the incoming air was warm and soon the room was too hot. It stayed that way throughout the night. The bad air in the room and the heat made me feel ill and I didn't sleep very well.

Another problem was noise, both from other guests and the busy main street which is right next to it. Our room was facing the street, and I assume that at least street noise is less of a problem if you get a room on the other side of the hotel.

One feature we were looking forward to was the pool. Alas, at 8pm, that was occupied by a horde of screaming and splashing children.

I think next time we're in Flagstaff, we'll choose a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your inquiry on our LEED features. Most of the LEED features are in the construction and engineering end of things vs. cleaning supplies used. We are sorry that you had such sensitivity to odors in the building. We do have an informational kiosk in our lobby that explains the LEED features in the hotel, such as the dual flush toilets, the solar tubes on the roof, the make-up air system, and overall energy savings information. Depending on what the air temperature was outside that night you stayed, the A/C may not have cooled as much as you hoped. We are sorry you couldn't enjoy the pool as well. Spring Break season was in full force, and still is, until Easter--lots of kids to say the least! We hope you will come see us again soon.
Bangor, ME
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I recently stayed here two nights on a business trip. The room was clean and very spacious, with a comfortable furniture and plenty of lighting. It also had adequate drawer and closet space. The hotel provides a good free breakfast, with a combination of hot and cold food, and even a free dinner, which on the night I had it consisted of hot dogs, meatballs, pasta, and free wine. This food wasn't gourmet but at least it was free and tasty enough. For anyone who wants better fare, a restaurant is just across the street. Because my room rate was under $100, this hotel/motel was a great value.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

This hotel is very clean and nice. Staff is really welcoming. I love to hike while I'm in Arizona and the front desk gave me great options for trail's in the area. The food was ok but happy hour prices made up for the food. I will be back to visit soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Redwood City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our first time staying at Drury Inn. The staff was super friendly. Room seemed dated, although the bathroom was nice. Bed was comfy and It was nice to have an assortment of pillows to choose from. The blow dryer wouldn't stay on, it kept shorting out. And we had to keep unplugging and plugging in the TV because when we turned it on, it would say 'no signal'. Unfortunately, we were not back from the Grand Canyon to experience their Happy hour, so can't comment on that. The hot breakfast in the morning reminded me of a Holiday Inn Express. I thought the sausage and potatoes were too salty and the eggs were just okay. They also had a waffle maker, cold cereals, fruit, and an assortmentment of bagels, donuts, and other baked goods. Kids loved the indoor pool, but the hot tub had something yellowish in the foam when the jets were on. Kinda gross. Since they offer the same as Embassy Suites, and I prefer the size of Embassy Suites rooms and their breakfast, in the future will choose them over the Drury.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We will share it with our entire team. We are fans of the Embassy Suites too, but hope you will give us another chance to WOW you!

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!