“Simply grand!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Adelaide, Australia
“Simply grand!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Our abiding memory of this hotel was the "buzz" - lots of families in Flagstaff to see their sons/daughters studying at the university. The hotel seems to really embrace, from the good-natured attitude of staff to the bountiful free afternoon feast provided in the lobby.
There was a large array of snacks to enjoy - actually they were meal-sized - and, when the stocks got low, staff quickly replaced the dishes with yet more.
Even the manager made himself known to guests while indulging in a bite to eat!.
As for the room facilities, we couldn't fault anything; ours was spacious and the beds very comfy. We loved Flagstaff, having used it as an overnight base on our way to the Grand Canyon with a slight diversion to the meteorite crater. Any wonder so many Australians boast about how great these parts of Arizona are and why so many of our Australian Rules footballers come here for high-altitude training.
Great memories - thanks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here overnite for a quick snow play weekend with families. We love staying here for the decent size suites (which includes a microwave and refrigerator!) and the perks such as hot breakfast and evening meals. All included in the nightly rate. Drurys is one of the most hospitable hotel we've ever stayed in. And we've stayed in many 4-5 star hotels. This is why we always come back to Drury's in Flagstaff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two seperate occassions within a week of each other, and I will not go back ever again. Normally I am not super picky, but this place is not worth the money. The first night was there a group of 8 people checked into the room next to me at 11:25 p.m. They were running through the halls, yelling, slamming the door, and had the TV cranked up as soon as they walked into the room. I called the front desk to ask them to quite down as I had been sleeping. By midnight there was no change in the noise so I called to ask to be moved to a different room as I had to be up by 4 a.m. to travel to a business meeting. After 30 minutes someone finally came to my door with a new room key.

I traveled to my business meeting and returned to the hotel several days later, and after staying at a much nicer hotel, only to find that the noise and poor service at the hotel continued. Upon arrival I found myself in line waiting to check-in while the clerk recovered bags from people using the conference center. After 20 minutes the manager appeared and spent another 5 minutes looking for his employee before finally allowing me to check-in. I couldn't believe that they let me stand there for that long. Had I not been on travel through work, I would have walked away. This is a pet friendly hotel and the dog in my hallway should not have been at a hotel, period. He was barking in the halls and in the hotel room. Since they walls are paper thin, I had to listen to the dog bark and the guy next to me cough all night. Like I said, I am usually pretty relaxed, but I won't stay at this place again. They cram people into rooms right on top of one another and it is not a quiet hotel. I spent 15 days in January traveling and this hotel is at the bottom of the list for the month.

The plus is that they have covered parking and a covered walkway which makes unloading your vehicle a cinch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We thank you for your feedback and are sorry to hear that you were frustrated with other guests in the hotel during your stay. It's our desire to give everyone a great lodging experience. We work hard to cater to all types of guests - corporate, family, leisure and pet owners. We do hope to see you again soon!
Tempe, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas 2012. The positives- parking garage is a big plus especially when its snowing, location is close to snowbowl, sledding areas, shopping restaurants, and Williams. It is a less than 30 minute ride to the polar Express and Bearizona. Also, free breakfast, popcorn and dinner. the negatives- rooms are dated, carpets are dirty, there are dogs everywhere, and dinner is always the same meal food (hotdog, nachos, salad, baked potato, soup and either chicken strips or tacos or meatballs). It gets old after 2 days. The wait to get to the food takes a long time, as there are hordes of people during mealtime. Would it be asking too much to get bacon for breakfast instead of sausage everyday? The biggest negative is that there are only 2 elevators, which are pretty slow, and bunches of people that get on and off. It is not unsual to wait 10 minutes for a ride up the elevator. I was told this was the busiest time of year, so your experience may vary. We do appreciate that the meals are free, but you are paying for it with a higher room rate. We would stay here again, but maybe not travel to Flagstaff during Christmas.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the Christmas Holidays and for sharing your feedback. As you experienced, this is a very popular time to come to Flagstaff! Things slow down a bit after the kids go back to school in January. As Flagstaff is a relatively small town, the crowds and traffic can be magnified with the thousands of visitors we get from around the world during the holidays every year. As the only limited service hotel in town that serves hot food at night, that always presents a challenge. Our rotating menu is designed to satisfy all different tastes, including kid friendly fare. We are always looking for ways to improve the flow of traffic during this time. We hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Flagstaff!
World Citizen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I highly recommend the Drury Inn, Flagstaff. Subtracting out what we might have paid for dining out both evening meal and breakfast, and there was zero charge for two dogs, I figure we paid $50 for a luxury room.

I researched while on the road and quickly became frustrated with mixed reviews and unclear expectations of the multitude of lesser expensive lodging options. Extra fee for dogs? Wifi included? Breakfast of any kind offered? And the variations in the star rating for the same m/hotel was off-putting.
The Drury appears to be priced higher than most, and it ought to be for the quality value it offers. To be clear, it's NOT more expensive when you consider the option of skipping a meal out and roughing it on baked potato w/sour cream; nachos w/cheese and salsa; hotdogs; pasta; meatballs; salad w/carrots and celery. Three free mixed drinks, beer or wine are offered, too. Free coffee and soft drinks. Just beware of your arrival time to take advantage of this as this ends at 7p.
Breakfast is included. They offer quite good coffee with real cream or milk, tea, juice, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc. It was not busy the evening and morning we stayed and it was pleasant to sit awhile and relax.
We were upgraded to a lovely spacious King suite with a terrace because the room we were assigned wasn't made up. Apparently, mattresses were being flipped and the room hadn't been completed. Everything was sparkling clean and the room done in cheerful colors without being obnoxious.
There were no odors from cleaning supplies or dogs or anything else.
The spacious lobby has two warming fireplaces and places to sit comfortably and read or people watch.
Front desk was top notch.

I made the reservation by phone. I asked what discounts were available and we were given the AARP rate. Then I asked if any other discounts were available. By securing the room with our credit card we were given an additional $25 dollars off. We paid $109 total, including taxes.

I rated the restaurant average considering this was for complimentary food, not fine dining. The meals were quite pleasing and adequate for what they were.

Room Tip: Loved our 6th floor suite with a terrace.