“Loud hotel, poor service, barking dog” 2 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 S Milton Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Loud hotel, poor service, barking dog”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on two seperate occassions within a week of each other, and I will not go back ever again. Normally I am not super picky, but this place is not worth the money. The first night was there a group of 8 people checked into the room next to me at 11:25 p.m. They were running through the halls, yelling, slamming the door, and had the TV cranked up as soon as they walked into the room. I called the front desk to ask them to quite down as I had been sleeping. By midnight there was no change in the noise so I called to ask to be moved to a different room as I had to be up by 4 a.m. to travel to a business meeting. After 30 minutes someone finally came to my door with a new room key.

I traveled to my business meeting and returned to the hotel several days later, and after staying at a much nicer hotel, only to find that the noise and poor service at the hotel continued. Upon arrival I found myself in line waiting to check-in while the clerk recovered bags from people using the conference center. After 20 minutes the manager appeared and spent another 5 minutes looking for his employee before finally allowing me to check-in. I couldn't believe that they let me stand there for that long. Had I not been on travel through work, I would have walked away. This is a pet friendly hotel and the dog in my hallway should not have been at a hotel, period. He was barking in the halls and in the hotel room. Since they walls are paper thin, I had to listen to the dog bark and the guy next to me cough all night. Like I said, I am usually pretty relaxed, but I won't stay at this place again. They cram people into rooms right on top of one another and it is not a quiet hotel. I spent 15 days in January traveling and this hotel is at the bottom of the list for the month.

The plus is that they have covered parking and a covered walkway which makes unloading your vehicle a cinch.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We thank you for your feedback and are sorry to hear that you were frustrated with other guests in the hotel during your stay. It's our desire to give everyone a great lodging experience. We work hard to cater to all types of guests - corporate, family, leisure and pet owners. We do hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Tempe, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed here over Christmas 2012. The positives- parking garage is a big plus especially when its snowing, location is close to snowbowl, sledding areas, shopping restaurants, and Williams. It is a less than 30 minute ride to the polar Express and Bearizona. Also, free breakfast, popcorn and dinner. the negatives- rooms are dated, carpets are dirty, there are dogs everywhere, and dinner is always the same meal food (hotdog, nachos, salad, baked potato, soup and either chicken strips or tacos or meatballs). It gets old after 2 days. The wait to get to the food takes a long time, as there are hordes of people during mealtime. Would it be asking too much to get bacon for breakfast instead of sausage everyday? The biggest negative is that there are only 2 elevators, which are pretty slow, and bunches of people that get on and off. It is not unsual to wait 10 minutes for a ride up the elevator. I was told this was the busiest time of year, so your experience may vary. We do appreciate that the meals are free, but you are paying for it with a higher room rate. We would stay here again, but maybe not travel to Flagstaff during Christmas.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us during the Christmas Holidays and for sharing your feedback. As you experienced, this is a very popular time to come to Flagstaff! Things slow down a bit after the kids go back to school in January. As Flagstaff is a relatively small town, the crowds and traffic can be magnified with the thousands of visitors we get from around the world during the holidays every year. As the only limited service hotel in town that serves hot food at night, that always presents a challenge. Our rotating menu is designed to satisfy all different tastes, including kid friendly fare. We are always looking for ways to improve the flow of traffic during this time. We hope you will give us another chance on your next visit to Flagstaff!
World Citizen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I highly recommend the Drury Inn, Flagstaff. Subtracting out what we might have paid for dining out both evening meal and breakfast, and there was zero charge for two dogs, I figure we paid $50 for a luxury room.

I researched while on the road and quickly became frustrated with mixed reviews and unclear expectations of the multitude of lesser expensive lodging options. Extra fee for dogs? Wifi included? Breakfast of any kind offered? And the variations in the star rating for the same m/hotel was off-putting.
The Drury appears to be priced higher than most, and it ought to be for the quality value it offers. To be clear, it's NOT more expensive when you consider the option of skipping a meal out and roughing it on baked potato w/sour cream; nachos w/cheese and salsa; hotdogs; pasta; meatballs; salad w/carrots and celery. Three free mixed drinks, beer or wine are offered, too. Free coffee and soft drinks. Just beware of your arrival time to take advantage of this as this ends at 7p.
Breakfast is included. They offer quite good coffee with real cream or milk, tea, juice, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc. It was not busy the evening and morning we stayed and it was pleasant to sit awhile and relax.
We were upgraded to a lovely spacious King suite with a terrace because the room we were assigned wasn't made up. Apparently, mattresses were being flipped and the room hadn't been completed. Everything was sparkling clean and the room done in cheerful colors without being obnoxious.
There were no odors from cleaning supplies or dogs or anything else.
The spacious lobby has two warming fireplaces and places to sit comfortably and read or people watch.
Front desk was top notch.

I made the reservation by phone. I asked what discounts were available and we were given the AARP rate. Then I asked if any other discounts were available. By securing the room with our credit card we were given an additional $25 dollars off. We paid $109 total, including taxes.

I rated the restaurant average considering this was for complimentary food, not fine dining. The meals were quite pleasing and adequate for what they were.

Room Tip: Loved our 6th floor suite with a terrace.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
new mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Celebrated my sisters birthday in Flagstaff. The Drury Inn and Suites did not disappoint - centrally located, clean, decent hot breakfast, evening drinks/snacks, and dog friendly (& discreet - dogs use side door and are housed together on one floor so other guests aren't impacted.) Check it out especially if you need/want a suite - the price of our suite was less then if we had book two regular rooms elsewhere and we enjoyed all the additional amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel! We love to travel but have a hard time finding a hotel we really like. We were pleased on all accounts. The breakfast selection was very nice! Easy to find & close enough to all the stores etc.
We will for sure return!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Typical well-run Drury Inn. Pleasant staff, very large and clean room. Breakfast and dinner meatball, pasta snack. Only problem is lack of parking around building. Have to use overflow in parking garage. Not bad, but if you have to make multiple carries, an inconvenience. This building also seemed more toward the "offfice urban" style. Housekeeping a little pushy but this was a very busy weekend, so they were trying to move the people. Very nice, but if you are looking for cozy, other Drury's have lower ceilings,etc. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The only thing worse that taking a chance on a website or a review and booking a stay for yourself is doing it for someone else. My father and brother are on a road trip and decided to stop at Flagstaff after driving for 9 hours. I'm in the hotel business and they asked me to find them a hotel in town. I found this place on TA and it stood out as a "great value" hotel and their website seemed very promising. They simply couldn't wait to call me -long distance- and tell me how happy they were. From the hotel cleanliness, the staff friendliness to the delicious food at both breakfast and cocktail hour. They also loved the location and how cozy the hotel is. I'll certainly be looking for Drury hotels as they continue their trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!