“Outstanding in every way. Highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
300 S Milton Rd, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #4 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
World Citizen
“Outstanding in every way. Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I highly recommend the Drury Inn, Flagstaff. Subtracting out what we might have paid for dining out both evening meal and breakfast, and there was zero charge for two dogs, I figure we paid $50 for a luxury room.

I researched while on the road and quickly became frustrated with mixed reviews and unclear expectations of the multitude of lesser expensive lodging options. Extra fee for dogs? Wifi included? Breakfast of any kind offered? And the variations in the star rating for the same m/hotel was off-putting.
The Drury appears to be priced higher than most, and it ought to be for the quality value it offers. To be clear, it's NOT more expensive when you consider the option of skipping a meal out and roughing it on baked potato w/sour cream; nachos w/cheese and salsa; hotdogs; pasta; meatballs; salad w/carrots and celery. Three free mixed drinks, beer or wine are offered, too. Free coffee and soft drinks. Just beware of your arrival time to take advantage of this as this ends at 7p.
Breakfast is included. They offer quite good coffee with real cream or milk, tea, juice, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, waffles, etc. It was not busy the evening and morning we stayed and it was pleasant to sit awhile and relax.
We were upgraded to a lovely spacious King suite with a terrace because the room we were assigned wasn't made up. Apparently, mattresses were being flipped and the room hadn't been completed. Everything was sparkling clean and the room done in cheerful colors without being obnoxious.
There were no odors from cleaning supplies or dogs or anything else.
The spacious lobby has two warming fireplaces and places to sit comfortably and read or people watch.
Front desk was top notch.

I made the reservation by phone. I asked what discounts were available and we were given the AARP rate. Then I asked if any other discounts were available. By securing the room with our credit card we were given an additional $25 dollars off. We paid $109 total, including taxes.

I rated the restaurant average considering this was for complimentary food, not fine dining. The meals were quite pleasing and adequate for what they were.

Room Tip: Loved our 6th floor suite with a terrace.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

611 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
new mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Celebrated my sisters birthday in Flagstaff. The Drury Inn and Suites did not disappoint - centrally located, clean, decent hot breakfast, evening drinks/snacks, and dog friendly (& discreet - dogs use side door and are housed together on one floor so other guests aren't impacted.) Check it out especially if you need/want a suite - the price of our suite was less then if we had book two regular rooms elsewhere and we enjoyed all the additional amenities.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Mesa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel! We love to travel but have a hard time finding a hotel we really like. We were pleased on all accounts. The breakfast selection was very nice! Easy to find & close enough to all the stores etc.
We will for sure return!!!

• Stayed March 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Typical well-run Drury Inn. Pleasant staff, very large and clean room. Breakfast and dinner meatball, pasta snack. Only problem is lack of parking around building. Have to use overflow in parking garage. Not bad, but if you have to make multiple carries, an inconvenience. This building also seemed more toward the "offfice urban" style. Housekeeping a little pushy but this was a very busy weekend, so they were trying to move the people. Very nice, but if you are looking for cozy, other Drury's have lower ceilings,etc. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The only thing worse that taking a chance on a website or a review and booking a stay for yourself is doing it for someone else. My father and brother are on a road trip and decided to stop at Flagstaff after driving for 9 hours. I'm in the hotel business and they asked me to find them a hotel in town. I found this place on TA and it stood out as a "great value" hotel and their website seemed very promising. They simply couldn't wait to call me -long distance- and tell me how happy they were. From the hotel cleanliness, the staff friendliness to the delicious food at both breakfast and cocktail hour. They also loved the location and how cozy the hotel is. I'll certainly be looking for Drury hotels as they continue their trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From what I understand this hotel is staffed to some extent by students in the adjacent Northern Arizona University's Hotel Management Program. The staff seemed very nice and attentive, check-in was quick. I did not bring my dog but many guests did have thiers. I did not notice any barking or noise associated with any of the pets. I did stop and pet several of the dogs and it seemed like the dogs were always on their best behavior, while the owners seemed appreciative of the opportunity to stay in a clean and respectable hotel with thier dog.

My room had no evidence of pet odors and seemed super clean. The hotel uses a greywater system to reclaim water so there are differences in how some of the plumbing looks but it did not effect my stay. The breakfast and dinner snacks are free and alcoholic limited to 3 per guest but thats not a big deal. Food was only so-so at breakfast and evenings but it was not bad, If I were paying for the food it would not be my choice to pay for it, but munching on a few pretzels,cut veggies, make your own baked potato and chicken strips for free its no problem. I Again, highly recommend this hotel for pet owners and families who seek a central location and the ability to have thier dog with them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We enjoyed the friendly staff, new and colorful interiors and great evening reception. The hotel really would have been one of our best hotel experiences except they allow people with dogs who can't keep them quiet and the pool room smelled so strong of chemicals I didn't want to go in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!