“Made me look great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Made me look great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The only thing worse that taking a chance on a website or a review and booking a stay for yourself is doing it for someone else. My father and brother are on a road trip and decided to stop at Flagstaff after driving for 9 hours. I'm in the hotel business and they asked me to find them a hotel in town. I found this place on TA and it stood out as a "great value" hotel and their website seemed very promising. They simply couldn't wait to call me -long distance- and tell me how happy they were. From the hotel cleanliness, the staff friendliness to the delicious food at both breakfast and cocktail hour. They also loved the location and how cozy the hotel is. I'll certainly be looking for Drury hotels as they continue their trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From what I understand this hotel is staffed to some extent by students in the adjacent Northern Arizona University's Hotel Management Program. The staff seemed very nice and attentive, check-in was quick. I did not bring my dog but many guests did have thiers. I did not notice any barking or noise associated with any of the pets. I did stop and pet several of the dogs and it seemed like the dogs were always on their best behavior, while the owners seemed appreciative of the opportunity to stay in a clean and respectable hotel with thier dog.

My room had no evidence of pet odors and seemed super clean. The hotel uses a greywater system to reclaim water so there are differences in how some of the plumbing looks but it did not effect my stay. The breakfast and dinner snacks are free and alcoholic limited to 3 per guest but thats not a big deal. Food was only so-so at breakfast and evenings but it was not bad, If I were paying for the food it would not be my choice to pay for it, but munching on a few pretzels,cut veggies, make your own baked potato and chicken strips for free its no problem. I Again, highly recommend this hotel for pet owners and families who seek a central location and the ability to have thier dog with them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We enjoyed the friendly staff, new and colorful interiors and great evening reception. The hotel really would have been one of our best hotel experiences except they allow people with dogs who can't keep them quiet and the pool room smelled so strong of chemicals I didn't want to go in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Marcos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We arrived at the Drury on a frigid evening last week. The hotel was probably sold out as hotels.com said that no rooms were available. We paid $118 and hear that the rooms can be cheaper booking in person. Phoning Drury directly landed us our room! This highly rated hotel is a rare find when traveling across the northern Arizona because it allowed our dogs to join us. I expected lots of dog hair everywhere and a room freshener smell when we walked into our room but was pleased to find neither. I appreciated that our window opened a little as the room temperature reached 80 degrees during the night without the heater being turned on. The Drurys efforts toward sustainability are much appreciated as well! The only down sides we experienced: the sound of the ice maker across from our room, lack of vegan, healthy options at breakfast and, the worst, a broken elevator. Imagine a large hotel full of people all trying to get to breakfast or checkout at the same time...the fire escape stair cases offered an alternative and a little morning exercise!

Room Tip: If possible, avoid rooms near near snack machines and ice maker or near the elevator. We liked our s...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is the third time we driven through Flagstaff with 2 medium size dogs making the trip wiith us. Of places we have stayed that accept pets, this one is the best by a long shot. In fact,I would stay here even if I were not traveling with pets, which I cannot say about either of the other places we have tried.
The room was fresh and clean with no odor whatsoever, even though pets are allowed. No cover-up air freshened, just a good clean room. Room was very large and pleasant, with very comfortable bed. As conservationists, we especially appreciate the LEED certification, evident in the recycling bins, low flush toilets, energy efficient features. There was a small refrigerator whoch was also a plus for us.
Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Central Location is fabulous for exploring on foot.
Only negative was that while we were there, one of the two elevators was broken, so there were long waits...but given the highly functional staff, and excellent service this is probably already repaired.

Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Visiting the area from the United Kingdom again this year and this will be our third stay at the Drury! Stayed at other Drury's too. Great spacious rooms, great staff, great food, great location, great place! What else is there to say? Enough said!
Reading some of the reviews here, some people are clearly very hard to please.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Drury Inn in Flagstaff for 1 night. I really liked this hotel. All the things that some hotels charge more for was included in the price. They have free WIFI, no password needed and a decent connection in our room.

The room was huge. We got a 2 queen bed room with terrace. Being January, we did not use the terrace all that much. I doubt we would have used it much in the summer either, as it was small and had no chairs. I wouldn't pay more to have a terrace, though it was the same price as a regular room. There was so much space in the room. I traveled with my husband and 7 and 9 year olds and we never felt crowded.

The bathroom was large too. The shower had dispensers for shampoo, conditioner and body wash. There were enough towels and washclothes. The toilet was low flow, with a button for solids and liquids. The vanity had more than enough space and for once, the hair dryer was decent.

At night, they have a free buffet with hot dogs, nachos, salad, baked potatoes and mac and cheese. By the time we got there, it was packed with people, so we only got a few things. The tortilla chips had run out and I didn't see anyone refilling. They have a soda fountain with Pepsi products, coffee, tea and hot chocolate all free. The lobby has a popcorn machine, which is available for free after 3pm. They also gave us drink coupons for alcohol. My husband and I could get 3 free drinks. They had Bud Light, different wines and a few mixed drinks to choose from. Since we only drink beer and we don't consider Bud Light beer, we didn't partake.

The beds were soft and a bit uncomfortable. Every time my husband rolled over, I would bounce. It was like being on a waterbed. The pillows were good and there was an extra blanket if you needed one.

My biggest criticism is the lack of a safe in the room. With all the electronic doodads we travel with, it would be nice to have a safe place to put them in the room.

The breakfast in the morning was really good. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal, pastries, bagels, etc... My family got more than enough to eat. I did see someone tending to the buffet in the morning, keeping everything stocked.

Overall, I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Yes it's priced higher than most hotels in Flagstaff, but they offer so many freebies, I think it's worth it. They have a nice indoor pool and spa as well, which the kids really enjoyed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff? Share your experiences!