“Good Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane

Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane
You added Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane to your Saves list
Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2540 East Lucky Lane, Off I-140 Exit 198, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #29 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
GLENDALE
“Good Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed one night on the ground floor. It was a basic hotel room with microwave, refrig, iron, ironing board, small free breakfast. It was a quiet location. For a holiday weekend, and just a couple weeks prior reservation, price was decent. For those who enjoy being close to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, it is right next door. It was a good stay, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
S.F. Bay Area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed one night here after spending the day at the Grand Canyon. There are many hotels located in this area, Lucky Ln. We stayed here to save a little money, mistake. The bed smelled bad and was lumpy. The room was run down and dirty. The people in the room next door were loud, with thin walls you could hear what they were saying. The only good thing about this place is that right next door is the Cracker Barrel Restaurant, you can walk to it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

I really cannot rate all the services of this facility as we did end up staying here. I booked based on some reviews here and the pictures posted on the official Super 8 reservations page. I did not see the small print disclaimer that said these were standard photos, rather than an actual depiction of the room you were renting. We arrived to find that what looked like a sort of "mini-suite" with a sofa on one side of a low dividing wall and a king bed on the other side was actually a very bare bones room--a king bed. Jammed in the back of the room was a small table with two uncomfortable chairs and a microwave and refrigerator, as well as the room's closet area--and I do mean jammed. Two people could not have moved around in there. The doorway to the bathroom, which included all three pieces--tub/shower combo, toilet, and sink (no counter space), opened off of this tiny, all-purpose section of the room. On the other side of the bed, was a very spacious area totally devoid of any furniture except a low built-in dresser with the old-style CRT TV on it. The TV was barely visible from the chairs and table, so to watch TV, the bed was the only recourse. We checked around and found another lodging facility for a similar price nearby and left. I do want to say that Raylin (not sure of spelling) was incredibly helpful--she understood the problem, but it was her last room. Customer service was excellent, but the facilities are pretty much a run-down motel on the interstate that needs some serious upgrade work--and a reservation page that accurately depicts the room one is renting.

Room Tip: Call and confirm what you are getting--or just pick one another hotel--Flagstaff seems to have a lot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Walsall, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

This is a very busy hotel & staff were pushed to cope with several people checking in at the same time. We were given a king room (pre booked in February) overlooking the front entrance. We thought from the booking sheet we had that we would have a fridge & microwave in the room. Neither were in there & when we asked we were told you had to request them. As this was our 3rd Super 8 hotel, & fridges & microwaves were in the other rooms without us having to ask for them, we were a little surprised.

Also as our room was at the front of the hotel & overlooking the main road we would have liked a net curtain on the floor to ceiling window for some privacy without having to shut out all of the light.

We were told when we checked out that there were 4 types of king rooms available & only some had fridges. On the web site all king rooms were said to have fridges & microwaves so be prepared to be disappointed if you book one & a fridge is important to you.

Breakfast was basic, the waffle maker was old & needed replacing & the seating was very cramped.

This was our 17th hotel in 4 weeks & we haven't made any other complaints so far but we felt that our issues were ignored by the staff, who appear to have too much to do to sort out our small problems. Unless you can't find another hotel in Flagstaff then we suggest you give this one a miss.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road as lorries park overnight & leave early.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alpine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

First night out and I wanted just a place to hang our hat to push on the next morning. This was an excellent choice and Cracker Barrel was right next door so we could park the car and walk. However pitfall is they did not serve any cocktails, wine or beer.

Room Tip: Room was on west side of building and far enough from road way that you could not hear any traffic.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I guess you get what you pay for, but for $70 a night, I expect more than what this hotel was prepared to provide. I checked in at 4:00, and the lobby was a mess. My room was fairly clean, but it was in need of a good remodel! The location is good. Front desk attendant seemed to be put out that I required assistance with checking in- I thought that was her job. There needs to be some major work done to this property before I will stay there again, however, there are many other choices in Flagstaff, so that probably won't happen.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When we arrived, we were a bit worried of the noise level, being right off the freeway, but the rooms were very quiet. They were also nice and large, the bed was clean and comfortable. The hot tub was getting worked on, so we could not enjoy that, but otherwise this was a good place to stay for a weekend in Flagstaff.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Super 8 Flagstaff I-40 Ex 198 Lucky Lane? Share your experiences!