“WORST EVER” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Snowflake, Arizona
“WORST EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

The owner pretends to not speak much English, very unhelpful/untruthful. 3 of 4 windows were not latched and the room was very dirty. People who seemed to live and work there were creepy! They were partying and I had to call the owner at 2 am to get them to stop. NEVER GO HERE. WORST EVER!!!

Room Tip: Read reviews. Never go here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Winslow, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

There are itchy bedbugs. Not clean. Not even that cheap. Really, stay somewhere else, keep driving, or find a place to sleep in the car.

I like others, was lured into staying here because it was late; I was tired; the location was on route 66. Even the outside isn't great, but I'm not all that picky, really. I've stayed at clean, modest simple shared bathrooms in Mexico for $5, and I just wanted a night. Yes $60 seemed pricy, yes it was dated outside and not a chain; big deal, but here is the kicker: They have bed bugs! Sure some mold in bathroom, not really vacuumed well. But they have bed bugs. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: There aren't any.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dallas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot. Saw a special price but when I got there they would not accept it. Too tired to drive so paid but I am regretting it this morning. My white socks are black from the carpet. Bed might as well have been a foam mattress on the floor. Avoid better to sleep in your car!

• Stayed September 2013
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Talk about freaking out!!! My daughter and I stayed there and we went to sleep at around 10:30, At midnight, all of a sudden I heard someone trying to open our door.. I freaked out!! I immediately got up and there was a guy trying to get into the room because the desk clerk gave him a key to our room. The clerk told him he could have our room because it was vacant!! I went to the hotel desk and told the clerk he gave someone a key to our room. All he did was apologize and nothing else. He didn't really seem to even care. It took us a while to go back to sleep. Very scary stuff! Also the picture on the internet shows a pool but the pool doesn't have any water in it and the paint is chipping. Also the shower head is placed very low on the shower wall. It's great if you are about 4 feet tall. The carpet is very old and musty. The walls are very thin and we could hear the traffic by route 66 all night. Needless to say I will never stay there again. What I would recommend though is right across the street is the Galaxy Diner. That place is hoppin' on Saturday nights. It's a very cool 50's Diner! In conclusion if you don't want to get freaked out in the middle of the night then don't stay there!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We came in last night from Los Angeles and we were just plain exhausted, we had a pup with us so we had to find a hotel that allows dogs. Tried al the normal chains and nothing available so out of exhaustion decided to settle with this place. The bathroom is filthy, the towels that they put in there look like they have never been washed. They have some sort of plastic thing in the tub that is peeling up and it's just gross-- didnt take a shower because of this. The carpets have stains all over them and there is reminants of food on the ground from the last person who stayed here.

Luckily we brought our own blanket and pillows so we slept on top of that. Terrified to look at the sheets. The curtains are stained and have holes all in them. Fixtures and the outlets all are broken. Honestly, I'm tempted to look up the phone number for the health department. This place needs to be shut down.

• Stayed July 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

One of the worst advertised hotels ever. First off, very old, dusty, advertised AARP, but no discount, said microwave (not in non-smoking like our room?), pool ( 102 degrees in afternoon no water and structure chipped, nothing like website), A/C didn't work (told to open windows it would cool down after 8 pm), and free continental breakfast was only two mini muffins, no fruit, no coffee, or any other amenity! We didn't even sleep on the sheets, because it was hot, but did pull the comforter up over us by am. The toilette got plugged and when we asked for help they handed us the plunger!
Like the other reviews the Galaxy Grill was the only saving grace!
It was the TV/WiFi worked, clean and the bed was comfortable. If we weren't so tired from the heat and trip to Laughlin, we would have check other options.

Room Tip: Look at the rooms first, and check the A/C, in summer. Don't look at budget Host Inns website...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
anon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was the cheapest choice of quite a good selection of hotels and motels on the I-40. Cheapest was definitely not the way to go!! When we walked into the reception area (by this I mean smelly/smokey/dirty/tiny office) the Asian gentleman behind the counter pounced on us. We were told there was wifi, free breakfast etc etc etc... We negotiated a deal at $59.99 inc tax. I honestly cannot believe I paid this much. After a 6 hour drive from Las Vegas, we were tired and just wanted somewhere to sleep for 1 night. When we got into the room, the first thing we checked was the bed and bathroom. Bathroom - no words describe it. Put it this way, we didn't shower the next morning. Bed - The sheets looked unclean and smelled a bit musty, the pillows (if they can be called pillows) were completely flat and we had to use our sweaters as second pillows. We then tried to access the wifi. To do this we had to hold our phones right up by the top of the front door, stand on one leg, tap our heads and rub our bellies all the same time. I can only assume the wifi router was in the office. We decided to go across the street to the Galaxy Diner for something to eat which was absolutely AMAZING!! Dreading going back to our room, we headed back and watched some TV on the oldest set I've seen in a long time. Anyway, we slept (very badly) and went to seek out our "free breakfast". This was in the smelly/smokey/dirty/tiny office and consisted of an empty coffee pot, a few (soft/old) mini cookies and stale mini muffins. We decided not to eat just in case we got sick. We promptly left... DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!! Wish we had read the reviews first... School boy error.

Room Tip: no tips for good rooms, there aren't any!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Saga Motel? Share your experiences!