“Never Again” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Anthem
“Never Again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The lock and the door was so close together that I cut my hand upon entering our room. Upon using the facilitys we noticed that there was no toilet paper which I had to go ask the front office man who did not speak English for another roll. The heater was so large that no matter how the termostat was set, it was always too hot. The place was not clean, dirty windows as well. We asked about the free breakfast and was told by the man who could not speak English that the breakfast was in the office-"free coffee" from a drip coffee pot and no place to sit as well as a "free" muffin. We decided we didn't want to stay there so tried to cancel the 3rd day but was told by the man who could not speak English "No charged already, can't cancel" while waving a paper at us. We will contest this with the credit card company.
The sheets were basically the type of material used in for flour sacks. The fawset water smelled and we wouldn't even use it to rinse our mouths out after brushing. The towels in the bathroom were made for really small people so only dried part of a body. The shower curtain was stained brown although it used to be white I think. There was good water pressure in the shower which is the only good thing about the room.
On the second day, the sheets were not changed and bed was not made although someone came in and changed the towels. They only left enough sweetner for 1 cup of coffee. My husband (new of 3 weeks) were just on a hunting trip so planned on roughing it a bit, bu I think camping in the woods would have been better.
If you want a good laugh then I would recommend the Saga Budget Inn.!! Oh, and there were no facilities like a pool etc.

Room Tip: Stick with anything that does not say Budget because when they say Budget you are in for a really pi...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mordano
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Terrible, awful, disgusting, dirty and every other bad word you can imagine. Don't go there: evetything is so dirty: the blanquet, the sheets, the floor, the bathroom and the towels.
We were there only one night, but we looked forward going away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Well I am not going to mess about and waste any time, I am going to cut to the chase and spit out the facts. This hotel had no hot water, so we couldn't wash or shower for 2 days, the sink didn't empty so even after cleaning our teeth it stayed full of foamy dirty water. When we arrived the floors were dirty and not hoovered, the face cloths and towels had yellow stains and smelled, they had not been cleaned form the previous occupier of the room. The bed clothes were also stained, smelled and looked disgusting, the pillows were dirty and under the pillow cases the actual pillows were spotty black and yellow with sweat stains etc. Everything in the room was sticky to the touch and brown? including walls, light switches, table tops and coat hangers. The fridge, when opened smelled so bad we couldn't use it as was the micro wave, we had to throw all our food supplies away.The swimming pool was cracked had peeling paint and full bin liners of rubbish inside, clearly this pool had been neglected for years. We slept on top of plastic bags and our towels in our clothes for 2 days with no covers, did not get a proper sleep at all. The host seemed very edgy and impatient, it felt like he wanted us to check out as soon as we had paid him for the room.

Read the reviews, ignore them at your own perril, thay are true. I would, as one person says, rather sleep in the woods and be eaten by a bear than stay here again at any price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We checked all of the hotels searching for a cheap room for one night. We could not find any information about the hotels from a local gas station and no smart phone internet so eh. The room was expensive for its value (89 bucks coming to 103 with tax). It had no microwave, refrigerator (have to request them), and wifi. They charge you to use the internet on the computer in the lobby. The "breakfast" was cheap coffee, danishes, muffins, and mini cookies. The beds were ok, kind of hard. The tv was super old and probably about 20". The shower was awful, the water was hot but the shower made the most annoying headache producing sound. It was not just for a few minutes, it was constant. The shower noise was the worst part of the entire room. I was on the phone while a member of my family was in the shower and the vent in the bathroom that connects to the room made my phone call so audible they were able to tell me everything I said. Lucky for us, we only stayed one night. The furniture was old and chipping. The service was not great, but we were tired and sick of checking hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Arizona City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have to say I was one of those people that wanted to believe these reviews couldn't be right, I wanted to believe this place was better and people were just being grumpy. I was wrong, bottom line - Avoid this place if you can.

Number one complaint: We came back from a drive to the grand canyon and planned to take a shower but my wife could not find her brand new bra she had set out before we left to the canyon hours earlier... then she noticed her dirty clothes from the previous day that we were going to bag up with the clothes from that day had been moved around like someone went through them.... and lastly our clean bagged clothes we had on the counter had been opened up as we had them tied shut so the kids would leave them be.....A pair of my wife's pants that had been folded up and bagged up had been taken OUT of the bag and unfolded like someone wanted to see if they would fit but left them since they didnt I suppose... bottom line they have a thief working for them that goes through your room.. The thief was nice enough to empty the trash but didn't put new clean towels in the room nor make the beds... I guess they got all they wanted already, pervert thieves.

Bed: Did not have bed bugs which is what we check 1st. The pillows were thrashed, like sleeping on basket balls..

Bathroom: The bathroom had black mold around the window, something we actually hadn't noticed until when we took our showers the next morning.. gross but wasn't bad enough that we felt the need to change rooms, we'd only planned to be in the room to crash a few more hours that night and left the bathroom door closed and A/C vent on all night to keep better air coming in.

TV: The stick-on controller receiving end fell behind the tv so once we figured out that, the tv worked fine.

Pool: lol, yeah they have one... its cracked, empty and appears to have been that way a very long time.

Really, I need to learn to read other people's reviews - this place needs to be avoided unless you like your undergarments gone through and stolen.

Room Tip: Get a room on the far back, this place is right by the road and the train and road noise is bad.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Flagstaff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

When we got in the room it was equipped with a smoke alarm and an ashtray. The smoke alarm was not hooked up. This was confusing. We received phone calls from the office checking on us a couple of times.These calls woke my sister and I up at 10:30 at night and again at 8:30 in the morning. We did not request a morning wake up call. We were out visiting our brother and got back late and slept in a little. I had to call the office to ask them not to call us and the office manager hung up on me. There was stains in the walls and the wallpaper torn in places. They did not clean room at all. just a quick vacuum and changing of the garbage cans. The ceiling was painted grey.. odd? The refrigerator did not work at all and the microwave was ancient. There was dust everywhere and when we tried the coffee it tasted like dirt. We did not get refills on soap,fresh towels, coffee and the like. There was a lightswitch which we never did find out what it turned on or off. Please stay away from here and choose the super 8 down the street.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Midway, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

The proprietor was disinterested, but civil. He did come and trade out our microwave rather promptly. Room was $50 flat. The wal heater was right next to one of the beds (with a tempermental thermostat) so we had our choice of smothering or moving to the other bed and freezing. The best part was that it was directly across from the Galaxy Diner, a Route 66 must! This motel isn't that bad, as it's a surviving remnant of Route 66.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Saga Motel? Share your experiences!