“Wonderful B&B! You have to stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of England House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
England House B&B
You added England House B&B to your Saves list
614 W. Santa Fe Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Flagstaff B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Wonderful B&B! You have to stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I were passing through Flagstaff on a long road trip and after days of camping wanted to unwind at a B&B. I booked the Pantry Room for one night based on some reviews I found on tripadvisor.com. I'm so glad I selected this place! After I booked the room weeks before my trip I received a call from Richard, one of the hosts. He wanted to confirm my reservation, see if we have any food allergies or preferences, and also ask me where I was heading in from to figure out what time I would arrive. He was so kind and helpful and made me really look forward to my stay. The day I was scheduled to arrive came and I found that I would arrive early. I called Richard to let him know, and he was so courteous and encouraged me to come by so we could unpack, shower, and then head out to eat and explore the city. We did and get set up in the room after a short tour and a history lesson on the Mansion. We really enjoyed getting to hear about the place! Then he recommended some good places to eat and shops around Flagstaff. He and Laurel were very sweet! We had trouble with some water leaking out of the shower due to not closing the door all the way (my fault) and Richard kindly took care of the issue and cleaned up the mess while we were gone. When we arrived back that evening, we had access to drinks in the fridge and an assortment of fruits and some cookies. I've never felt more at home in a B&B. The next morning we ate a DELICIOUS and healthy breakfast that we LOVED! You would be so lucky to try out their fantastic cooking and baking! After breakfast, Richard gave us advice on where to visit in the Grand Canyon and told us their "secret spot". We explored where he told us and found it to be secluded and beautiful! We couldn't have asked for a better B&B and sweeter hosts and would recommend this to everyone! Don't pass up this gem, we know where we will stay if we come back to Flagstaff!

Room Tip: All the rooms look so cute, Richard gave us a peek into the other rooms. The Pantry is small but a g...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the second we left, we were treated with warmth and hospitality. Richard and Laurel did an amazing job of accommodating our needs as guests of their house and guests of northern Arizona. They filled us in on the best restaurants in Flagstaff and local places to explore, and even made a special "sunrise breakfast" for us as we had to leave early one day to get to the Grand Canyon. The oatmeal was DELICIOUS and Laurel even shared her recipe with us!!! We loved the Star Gazer room. It was the perfect setting for a romantic getaway and the jacuzzi was great after a long day at the Grand Canyon.

We loved the England House and all that it had to offer and we hope to return soon. Thank you, Richard and Laurel!!!!

Room Tip: We loved the Star Gazer.
Mesa, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I spent a weekend at the England House and enjoyed it very much. The hosts( Richard and Laurel) were very friendly and helped us plan dinners, hikes, etc. The room we had was called the pantry and even though it was small for some people. we enjoyed the room. the breakfasts were well done and delicious. Will definitely return again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Gracious hosts, super clean, beautiful turn of the century home is the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. We were warmly greeted upon arrival & given a quick tour and history of the home. Books on history of Flagstaff and the home are there, too, and are enjoyable reads. Relax on the front porch or cozy back patio. A tasty breakfast topped off our stay (unfortunately just one night). Laurel & Richard take great pride in their inn and the service they provide...and it shows. You will not be disappointed here!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

England House is a special place where every detail is considered to make your stay exceptional. The food is special, individually prepared unique, tasty breakfast comes filled with loving care cooked into the serving by the owners. Advice is abundant, accurate and most helpful. The home is a beautiful mix of antique beauty and special comfort, the sheets are even ironed. You cannot go wrong spending the night or a few nights at England House, we stayed four nights and fell in love with Flagstaff and the surrounding area including the Grand Canyon. I recommend starting your day at the England House.

• Stayed July 2013
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The England House B&B, a unique stone-built home from the early 20th Century will take you back in time. The building is well decorated and comfortable, with all the amenities a 21st century traveler would want. A highlight for me was the breakfasts, they were tasty and memorable, and proved to be an excellent way to start each day. The location of the B&B, just a short walk to the old downtown of Flagstaff, proved to be excellent for exploring all of the suggested restaurants and shops. I cannot recommend the England House B&B highly enough!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

From the moment you drive up to the England House you will feel like you stepped back a 100 years ago. The house itself has quite a history behind it and has been completely restored. Richard and Laurel will make you feel like you are visiting family and my wife and I's stay was memorable. Richard was very knowledgeable about the history of the city and of a number of restaurants and had a surprise for us to see when we went to the Grand Canyon. It was worth the trip. The house is very comfortable and we will definately be going back at our first opportunity. The breakfast was so much more than I was expecting and was gourmet to say the least. Book it here, you will be happy you did.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to England House B&B? Share your experiences!