“Perfect for an overnight stay.Very clean, very comfortable bed, friendly employers, good price, nest To Many restaurants.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Inn

You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
Budget Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   913 South Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #16 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Great Neck, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I came here because of all The good reviews This place got On Tripadvisor. It certainly lived Up To Its reputation. The price was right, it was very clean, the shower bath, airconditioning an TV worked well. The bed was extremely comfortable, it was near alot of restaurants and the employees were friendly.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the fifth stop (July 30th) in our Route 66 drive from St. Louis to LA with a family of four. Check-in was painless and the woman at the desk was very friendly. We had plans to drive to a local brewpub for dinner, but a flat tire forced us to walk to a good nearby restaurant (Bun Huggers) that was recommended to us by the friendly staff member in the office. Our room was nothing fancy, but it was very clean, which is TOP priority for us. The beds were comfortable, and the property was quiet. We all had a very good night's sleep. Next morning the management graciously let us know that it was no problem to check out late if the flat tire issue required it. Fortunately tire repair (Discount Tire) and breakfast (Dunkin' Donuts) were a short walk from the Budget Inn, and we were on our way to the Grand Canyon at a reasonable time. Not to put down the Budget Inn chain, but we were not expecting this motel to be as nice and clean as it was. At $70 a night through Expedia, we'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'd go as far as to rate my stay at the Budget Inn as excellent for the money.

Exhausted after riding 500 miles from Tucumcari, NM, with the last 50 or so in the rain, I checked in (and quickly checked out) of a motel in another part of Flagstaff that was not very nice. Disappointed, I pulled up the Tripadvisor app on my iphone and began looking for a nicer place to stay. It seems like there are many, many motels and hotels in Flagstaff, and that made it difficult to choose. For what I was willing to spend though, the Budget Inn seemed to have good reviews, so I gave it a shot. I was not disappointed.

The manager was very nice. My room at $76 total was a bit more expensive than the previous motel, but given the experience I had gone though there, I was ready to pay it. Decently reviewed motels / hotels in Flagstaff seem to be a little more expensive than other cities on the I-40, possibly due to the Grand Canyon being so close by, and also being a university town (NAU). When I expressed concern about my motorcycle being further away from my room than I would have liked (when traveling by motorcycle, I like to have it as close to my room as possible), he took me outside and pointed out an out-of-sight covered area close in to the building where I could park, which I felt really good about.

When I finally reached my room, it was everything I really want when traveling - CLEAN, tidy room, an A/C that actually blows cold, nice furnishings, comfortable bed, etc. It also had a refrigerator and microwave, which were nice to have. It wasn't the biggest room, but it was cozy, secure, and all one really needs when staying a night or two.

After a hot shower, I walked down the street to where I found a handful of other businesses - Barnes and Noble, Jack in the Box, Papa John's Pizza, Dairy Queen, etc. Actually, since there are a handful of motels in the immediate surrounding area, there are also quite a few restaurants and shops nearby to choose from. Given my mood, I stepped into the Dairy Queen for a treat and headed back to my room. Later on, I found a coke machine and ice machine downstairs in a separate room near the lobby.

The next day, I headed to the front desk (where I had spied a coffee maker the previous evening) and picked up a cup of coffee for while I packed up. Rested and relaxed, I hit the road for another long day.

I won't say that the Budget Inn is the nicest motel out there - there are motels that have larger rooms, more TV channels, more luxurious pillows and beds, showers with higher water pressure, etc. However, it was clean, neat, and comfortable, and I found it to be exactly what I wanted for my money. Should I travel through Flagstaff again, I'll drop in.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were in town for college orientation. This hotel was in a great location, almost right across the street from the college. We had a room with two beds and found it adequate for our needs. The room was clean and the wall-mounted air conditioner cooled off the room quickly. The room did not have a coffeemaker in it, but there was free coffee available in the lobby. Unfortunately, the property did not have a pool or hot tub, and when we found we had unexpected down time, it would have been nice to spend it relaxing outside. Overall, it was a good value, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at the Budget Inn for two nights in March 2013. The room and the bathroom was clean and the staff was very friendly.
It was a dinner were you could have breakfast nearby and there was a short walk to downtown Flagstaff for more restaurants.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

I was pretty happy staying here because it was well priced for the flagstaff summer rate. If you are looking for something fancier than a bed to sleep i suggest you go elsewhere. Other notes include good parking, and quiet hotel prescence. Stay for price.

• Stayed July 2013
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here last year & yet again this year because of the cleanliness of the hotel. This time around we got 2 beds and the room was just as clean & spacious. I'm still sticking to the beds not being so comfy but I would rather sacrifice a little comfort than over pay somewhere else or sleeping in a dirty place. We will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Inn? Share your experiences!