“Excellent for a budget motel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Budget Inn to your Saves list
Budget Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   913 South Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #16 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Excellent for a budget motel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

I'll admit it-- I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels-- cleanliness is always my first priority, followed by comfort. I generally try and stay at "nice" hotels. I had to stay the night in Flagstaff for a night and didn't want to spend much, so after reading the reviews, I chose this place. For a budget hotel, it's excellent. Clean-- super clean. Nice, big bed, microwave, and fridge. Good location (close to the NAU campus). It's not fancy, but it's the nicest budget motel I've ever stayed in. Highly recommended for the price and value.

Room Tip: Downstairs room is probably better-- there is a staircase to get to the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was very pleased with this motel. The furniture was nice, the carpet and bedspread new and
it was very clean and quiet. I have stayed in $200 hotels that weren't as nice. The people at the front desk were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Toms River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It was clean and comfortable for a cheap price. The only possible downfall was that there was no coffee maker in the room, only in the lobby. I am an early riser but the lobby didn't open till late (late for me anyway). It was close to route 66 and a great diner. Great value!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

This is a safe, reliable motel with good service. When I spent a night at Phantom Ranch, they let me leave the luggage with them without charge.

You get a room with a comfortable bed, private bathroom, fridge, microwave, tv, heater/fan and desk in a convenient location for $50/night. The Safeway and pizza joints are a few blocks walk. Walk to Amtrak is about 10 mins; Greyhound 20. I did the Greyhound walk at 2am on Friday night with everything I own on my back and felt perfectly safe.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Very good motel, very clean, very good value for money.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I’ve stayed in a more upscale comfort inn before and enjoyed it very much, but this time we decided to go budget but still wanted to get a decent place, so after checking the reviews and location, I decided on Budget Inn. The major disappointment was that the fees and tax made the price go up over 30% from the rate, making it no so budget at all. Otherwise, the motel worked out ok. No funny smells that usually comes with motels and a good mattress. Most of the finishes and furniture looked new and clean (even HVAC unit); the sink outside bathroom is very convenient for 3 people. The bathroom light and fan is on the same switch, so it gets chilly in there (wish they didn’t do that). No breakfast, but the room has a decent size fridge and microwave. Location is good and close to major attractions (especially Riardon mansion – highly recommend to take their tour) There is a pizzeria Fratelli few blocks away (voted best in town and is really good)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed at the Budget Inn for the first and last nights of our vacation. We were looking for a cheap, clean place to stay as we were coming in late on the train and then leaving incredibly early on the way back. We selected the Budget Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews and we were not let down. Our rooms were only $55/nite which is by far the cheapest I have paid for a hotel in my life. I could have stayed here all week if we weren't leaving Flagstaff. Our rooms were incredibly clean, everyone in our group commented on this. The front desk staff was very kind and very helpful and remembered us when we came through the second time. Location was very convenient and was within walking distance to a few restaurants. Our only complaints were that the towels and pillows were thin...however this is a budget hotel not a luxury hotel so for the money we were beyond impressed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family