“Very Basic Room” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Victorville, Ca
“Very Basic Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The room was priced as advertised - the cheapest room I could find in Flagstaff. Clean and convenient parking; convenient to several restaurants.

Basic complaint was no desk! Had to set up my laptop on the edge of the bed and get my work done. Instead someone decided there should be a couch against the wall where the desk would have been. Also there was no radio or clock-radio as promised in the web site description.

But the staff was friendly, the wifi worked fine, the bed was fairly comfortable and clean, and the shower worked. For the price I refuse to complain, and I will stay here again at the same price.

Room Tip: Try to specify a ground floor room if it's important. The place was fairly empty when I stopped...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

47 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

My fiance and I were just staying for one night and needed a bed. Thats what we got. There was a dead bug on the counter, the matress and box spring were stained. We only had two towels in a room with a king bed. At around 10:45 there was a knock on the door, when i didnt answer it fast enough because I was trying to get dressed they pounded on the door. It was the manager YELLING at me that we were being to loud. We had The Temptations playing on some small speakers. I told her we would turn it down however she didnt have to be so rude. She informed me that she would call the police on us. I told her again that all she had to do was ask and not be so rude. The music was not any louder then the tv had been prior. BTW we only had the music on for two songs and again it wasnt loud or obnoxious music. I couldnt wait to leave. I give this hotel a ZERO rating.

• Stayed March 2012
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I were looking for a place to stay in Flagstaff for cheap. This fit the bill (I think we payed around $38 for the night). It wasn't anything fancy, but it was clean and we were able to park our car right outside our room. There were trains going by all night, but that didn't bother either of us.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

For 51$ a night, we did not bother about extras. We wanted a safe, clean and affordable place to sleep in Flagstaff, and we got it. True, the train passes by, but it is the same for all the motels along the road. We also had to ask for an extra set of towels. The walls are paper thin, and you will hear you neighbours. If you are lucky, your neighbours are quiet. If not, it will be hell. AC did not work in one of the rooms we got. But for the price, we were happy and did not look for another place when we decided to go to Flaggstaff again during our trip.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Ok, lets start with the positives..... The staff were very helpful, when we asked to move from our original non smoking room because it smelt of smoke they were polite and quick to move us. Also this is a great location in an amazing town. There is a fridge in the room and wifi that kind of works.

Unfortunately that is where the positives end. The rooms were disgusting, the carpet was horrible and I didn't take my shoes off, I didn't want to put my luggage down and I refused to take a shower. I left feeling grimy, riffy and generally unhappy, which is a shame because the town has a lot to offer. There is a lot of independent and chain accommodation along the main road, next time I would try these first.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Apache Junction, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Okay, I wasn't expecting Luxury for $62 a night although with Hotels.com and priceline.com I have been able to stay at the Hilton and similar for less. The trains were a little frightful at first but with the AC and TV on they weren't much of an issue. What was an issue was the fact that there weren't enough towels, window coverings (bathroom area) or toilet paper. Even for $62 a night I expect the basics... shampoo, conditioner, clock and coffee maker or ice machine on the premises. Of course since these were lacking it was no surprise that there was no microwave and the fact that when they came and replenished the 2 towels (reservations for 4) they didn't take out the overflowing trash. Although I saw no bugs in the room, believe you me I was on the lookout for them especially after seeing they had 4 mattresses leaning on the side of the building, I did lose some sleep, not because of the extremely thin pillows but due to worrying about Bed Bugs. The plus side is the room itself was clean and the carpet wasn't soiled.
Hilton $45 a night / Luxury Inn $62 a night........I don't even want to hear you get what you paid for!

Room Tip: Bring all essentials with you. Keep your luggage in the car.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
phoenix,
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

On check in we found that the towels had just been refolded after last guest. We then turned the bed down to find the sheets had also not been changed. Went to front desk and they came with clean sheets but no pillow cases and 1 clean hand towel. At 9:30pm took key back to front desk and explained why we would not be staying. Hotel.com tried to get us our money back and Luxury Inn refused to refund our money.

Room Tip: Dirty Linen
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Luxury Inn? Share your experiences!