“Cold food” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
netivot
“Cold food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Decided to check out this restaurant as we needed something close to our hotel as it was snowing and icy outside and we were very tired. We thought it was supposed to be a fast food restaurant but after waiting 40 minutes the waiter informed us the chef had made a mistake but our food would arrive soon. Salad bar was limp looking and one salad I took had fish in it but was not marked as such (I don't eat fish) so this was particularly unpleasant. When food arrived it was cold. The waiter was very pleasant but overall disappointing experience which we wont be repeating.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

East Brunswick
“Not what i remember”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I hadn't seen a Sizzler in years and was really excited to find one. I remember the salad bar being huge and full of a million options. This one was small and not well kept up. The actual entrees tasted like microwaved frozen shrimp. Was not happy. The wait staff was very nice and attentive.

Visited October 2012
Edisto Island, South Carolina
“Tourist trap?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This restaurant was located next to I-40. The food was of poor quality and overpriced. Salad bar was not fresh. Steak was tough and meager in size.

Visited August 2012
North Pole, Alaska
“Great Salad Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I liked the salad bar which is more than a typical salad bar. The waiter was okay but forgot to bring tabasco when asked. We went late and it was not too crowded. Best thing is it was walking distance to our hotel.

Visited July 2012
Philadelphia
“So Many Good Choices Around -- And This Isn't One of Them!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently dined here with my niece and nephew (16 and 13) figuring they'd like the salad bar and desserts. Unfortunately, even they were disappointed. The place seemed kind of dingy (the mens room was filthy), like it needed a thorough scrubbing. The prices were OK -- I didn't find it to be a bargain at all. The quality of the food was decent, except for the steak. I ordered a small sirloin medium-rare ("that means it may have a little red in the center", the order-taker told me, which would have been perfect), What I got was so well-done that it could have doubled for shoe leather. When I told the waitress that it was overcooked, she sort-of apologized ("Oh, sorry") before simply walking away. Of course, the condition of the steak explained why it took over 30 minutes for our food to arrive at the table. The chicken and the fried shrimp were decent (it's hard to ruin fried shrimp unless you burn them). The salad bar was pretty basic, and the appetizers were just awful. Dessert was blah, unless you wanted some soft-serve.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Sizzler? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sizzler, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.