“Very good price, good bed, plenty of hot water.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of America's Best Inn

You added America's Best Inn to your Saves list
America's Best Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   910 S. Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Arizonan Motel)   |
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Very good price, good bed, plenty of hot water.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This is an old strip motel. Rooms are pretty small, no frills but nice flat screen tv. Bed was comfortable, good pillows and plenty of hot water in the shower. What I found somewhat gross is there was a washcloth hanging over the shower bar from the previous people, the vent in the bathroom was really dirty and the light switch needed a good cleaning. That being said I would stay there again if on a tight budget.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
AUSTRALIA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel I thought was very overpriced for what it was, however we were in Flagstaff at a weekend, so they are all expensive. It seemed fairly clean, the bathroom looked a bit dirty as it needed a paint. There was no breakfast. The bed was comfortable and clean and the room was quite big. It is a no frills hotel,1 to 2 stars. I don't think I would stay there again.

Room Tip: They are all ground floor rooms and we were towards the back of the complex and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I booked and fully paid one night at this hotel using a Hotels.com app on my cellphone, but forgot to change the number of adults to 2 though I traveled with a friend of mine, and we purposely booked a room with 2 beds.
When we had showed up at front desk, two guys with strong eastern accent momentarily declared that they will charge us an additional fee for the second person staying. I wasn't born just yesterday, so I said that any hotel's basic price does cover at least 2 persons in a room, especially when the room has two beds. Then I said that I would gladly cancel the reservation at this motel. In fact, I mixed up the names. I wanted to book the hotel named America's Best Value Inn when we had already stayed a night and were very pleased. The answer of these representatives was that they'd be happy to cancel my reservation and I'd not be getting any refund. My next turn was to say that I'd agree to pay the imposed surcharge; however, I'd post a negative review about this hotel. The surcharge was instantly called off, and we got a key of the room.
Later, I went online just for the price, comparing one adult to two adults per room price, and it expectedly showed no difference. So I feel I have to publish the story, so next visitors of Flagstaff wouldn't get oblige to bargain like at an Eastern market when they are tired after long day hiking at Grand Canyon.
Our further experience at the hotel wasn't any better, as well. In the middle of the night we were awaken by frantic knocking at the neighbor's door and some junkie's screaming. In the morning, we felt broken down by the sleepless night and had to change our next plans to hiking due to extreme tiredness.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
aneri03, Manager at America's Best Inn, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
our rates are same for 1or 2 person 1 bed, but it is different 2 people 2 beds are higher, that is what i was explaining him,but we let him stay without any extra charge, he didn't complain about noise,nobody else has complain about noise at night or in the morning , i don't believe that,
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have to be honest - we thought this place was fine, especially considering the price. It is a 1950's motel, like many of the places in Flagstaff. Check in was relatively easy but we pre-paid through hotels . com
Our room was updated pretty nicely. This place would never be mistaken for a 5 star resort but I honestly thought that it was roomy and functional. The place is clean and comfortable. The only drawbacks were that the walls are quite thin so you can hear a lot (but that can be an issue anywhere), and there is an occasional humming in the wall which I figured out to be from the plumbing. As near as I could figure, when the water demands reach a certain level it sounds like a new pump kicks in or something. There was one time that my use of the sink coincided with the humming, but it did not happen all the time. The humming was loud enough to stir me from sleep and was probably close to a really quiet alarm clock. It doesn't happen that much and I wouldn't get too worked up about it.
The location was great for us. We were in town for Cardinals training camp and love downtown Flagstaff too. This place was walking distance from both (maybe a mile or so), which was perfect. We could walk down to training camp and avoid the parking hassles, and we could walk into town to go to Collins Pub, have a couple drinks and not have to think about driving back.
I think we would certainly consider staying here again given the location and the price. Take this review with a grain of salt. If you are really picky and are thinking of something more like a Hilton or Embassy Suites, this place will not do. If you want to save maybe $50 a night over those places and all you really want is a place to get a good rest and a good shower, this is it. If you are a light sleeper like me, you could bring some earplugs just in case you get next to some rowdy neighbors.

Room Tip: Obviously see if you can get a room further away from Milton, just to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DFW
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

The sign out front said all new rooms. Our room was clearly old. Paint was pealing off in bathroom. Shower head needed to be repaired. Water pressure was good, however. The service was only OK. I had to ask several times to get extra rollaway beds put in our room. If you can afford a nicer place, go there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Well, let me say that this is the most disappointing of all of my stays at an America's Best property. As many of the other reviewer's have stated, it is an old motel. The beds are not the most comfortable, but for $60/night on a holiday weekend, it was better than a stall. This property is nothing like advertised on the website. The free internet is spotty, I had issues with staying connected until midnight. There is no breakfast as advertised online. The lobby smelled strongly of curry, but it was dinnertime when I checked in.

I would not stay here again. It was a place to stay overnight. I will be contacting the corporate offices to complain. The next time I'm in town, I will stay at a Best Western or Marriott property.

The one good thing I can say is that they allow small pets - for $12/night.

Room Tip: There is no pool. There is no fitness room. Here's a tip...stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to America's Best Inn? Share your experiences!