“Liars” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort

You added Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort to your Saves list
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   22181 Resort Blvd, Exit 219, I-40, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Liars”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed for two nights. We signed up for the players club and deeply regret it. They falsely advertise promotions and giveaways and I feel cheated by their system and the way they do things. The employees are very unknowledgeable and not kept up to date. We were told there was to be live entertainment and were directed to the event center where there was not a soul in sight. I am not sure how they are still in business. It must be because they are after money and not worried about customer satisfaction. I do not recommend anyone staying here unless they are up to throwing their money away.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Thank you for reaching out, we apologize for your experience as our guests. Our Flagstaff neighbor's support is extremely important to us and we appreciate you letting us know how we can improve.

We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer,
Heather
PR for Twin Arrows

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Heber, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The first Navajo Nation casino/hotel in Arizona is extraordinary. The interior has fabulous art throughout the lobby, casino and rooms. Much of the art work is culturally symbolic with explanations available. The rooms are beautifully decorated. Complimentary high end coffee and water are a nice touch. The bed and spacious bathroom have elegant linens. Our room had a superb view of the San Francisco Peaks.

The casino is ultra-modern with plenty of machines and some table games.

The fitness center with modern equipment was spotless. An indoor pool and Jacuzzi were inviting but I didn’t have a chance to use them.
Breakfast was delicious. Seniors can have a $1.99 special including coffee.

The day I checked out, the facility was having a groundbreaking ceremony to add a retail center, bowling alley, movie theatre and more. These would be welcome activities since the casino/hotel is 20 mi. from anything.

I look forward to return to try their Thursday night lobster special.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the San Francisco Peaks
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Show Low, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

For Todd the door man. Super friendly and very helpful. For Cariel front desk. Very friendly,professional,and eager to assist you. For Yolanda at the coffee shop. Very courteous,friendly and makes a good chocolate shake. Sade server at sports bar we have had the pleasure to deal with on many occasions she is always extremely friendly and very professional. Derrick beverage manager always professional and extremely informative as to all aspects of twin arrows. Twin Arrows is a great get a way for my family and we"ll not hesitate to travel here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for all your kind comments. These have been shared with our team who appreciate your thoughtfulness and look forward to your next visit.
Thank you again for taking the time to share these and safe travels.

Appreciate the opportunity to serve you,
Heather
PR for Twin Arrows
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

First of all this is a new hotel, I am not sure when it opened but to me if you can still see the lines in the sod grass that has been placed in the landscaping, it is still new. The outside of the hotel is nicely landscaped and architecturally appealing. The inside is even more beautifully decorated. We were greeted multiple times by the doorman, Todd. He was so kind and friendly. We arrived on a Monday night so it was not too busy at check in. The desk clerks were friendly and checked us in efficiently. Now remember this is a big place and getting to your room may be a walk. A nice walk, but just the same if you have difficulty getting around this may not be the place for you. Inside the room was very nicely decorated as well. Large, spacious bathroom with double sinks. In the shower the shelf is in an inconvenient location. It would be helpful if there was a small shelf and/or towel bar at the back of the shower. The room was very clean and well equipped with a nice size HDTV, refrigerator, safe and Keurig coffee maker. There is also a nice desk with a charge point adapter for easy charging of electronics. The beds were very comfortable except the pillows have a zipper at one end that I kept laying on. It would be helpful if the pillow was put into the case so that the zipper is on the inside edge of the case and not the outside exposed end. Actually out of the 6 pillows on both beds only 3 were this way... so maybe just a little more care is needed. The overall rating I would give this hotel is a 5 star. One item I noticed is missing is a microwave.

Lompoc, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

NOTE: This hotel is NOT IN FLAGSTAFF. It's NEAR Flagstaff and has a Flagstaff address but if you're like us and looking for a place to hole up for the night before going to the Grand Canyon, it adds another half an hour to your trip.

Let's go with the good news first: The hotel itself is a pretty nice place. I have never stayed anywhere that was more soundproof. That's a common complaint that I have even with nicer hotels but this place is impervious to noise. There was just a dull thud when doors slammed in the hallway but we never heard a voice and we were very grateful that nobody had to tell the kids to settle down because they were running or jumping and making noise for the folks in the rooms beneath us. Every floor felt like the ground floor. It's a solid building!

The bathrooms are spacious and the air conditioning effective. Beds are comfortable, fixtures and furnishings are reasonable, and the place is generally not a bad place to stay.

We ended up with two rooms since there were seven of us, and the fact that they don't have rooms with two queen or two king sized beds was a bummer. Fitting two people in a full sized bed is fine when they're small or very friendly, and neither tosses or turns, but it's a bit of a tight squeeze otherwise. There's plenty of space in the rooms so I have no idea why they chose to go with full beds but hey, it was advertised that way and it's what we chose so I'm not complaining. I will, however, point it out to others to make sure it's considered in your trip.

The staff here are amazing. Unfortunately, they're not amazingly good. When we checked in, the front desk staff were borderline surly but I figured it was just because we were there about midnight and there was something going on that I was interrupting. It turns out that they were the nice ones. I asked for a 0645 wake-up call and instead got a call at 0600 from a woman who seemed disgusted that I would impose such a revolting task on her. Borderline surly is not a description I would use for her; she took surly and redefined it.

Summary: If this place had self-service check-in/out and I never had to deal with the staff here, I wouldn't mind staying again. It's a nice hotel and has a lot going for it if you're driving in from the East. Given the nasty staff, however, there's no way I'll stay here again. Three star hotel + 1 star staff = 2 star rating.

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I were so excited about this hotel so it's even more dissapointing how our experience turned out. The staff, with exception of two, were all rude and very cold. It's as if they all hated being there and took it out on the customers. Didn't even get a "welcome" or "how may I help you" all we got is "what do you need?" The rooms had no blackout curtains, just blinds and the ac did not cool and was very loud. Not to mention the casino part, where they try and complicate even blackjack! We have been to multiple casinos, in fact we stopped here on a road trip to Vegas, and it was by far one of the worst casinos! The hotel itself is physically appealing but no where close to inviting. Would never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We arrived 2 hours early and asked to check in. We were not greeted professionally. We were told it would take at least an hour to get our room ready. We killed some time by trying to plan our activities for the day. We checked back in after an hour, and were told that the room still was not ready, even though we could watch others check in before the 4 PM deadline and were directed to their rooms.

For it being my first visit to a casino, I was not all that impressed. If you want to sit and play slots, you have a billion choices. Any "real" card tables were slim.

Sports bar was great. They were courteous and kept checking back with us. Only drawback was that you could not order 2 drinks. (I.e. If you had someone playing in the casino, you couldn't order something for yourself and your friend and take it out to them)

Four Elements Café was slow. Had breakfast one morning and waited for 10 minutes after being seated before being greeted by the supervisor, Carlos. He then took our order and was helpful. After receiving our food, the waiter that was then assigned to us, was unable to multitask. He passed by our table multiple times without checking back to see how things tasted or refilling our drinks. He seemed to be focused on one table at a time.

Pool is nice, but no one kicks people out at the designated time the pool closes.

Housekeeping decided to use my phone charger while I was out of our room for the day. It was not how I left it.

Also, all glasses were filthy. Whether it was in the cafe or in our room. There were remnants of whatever may have been in it before being "washed".

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family