“One Night Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort

You added Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort to your Saves list
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   22181 Resort Blvd, Exit 219, I-40, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Peoria, Arizona
“One Night Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had a business meeting here, so went up on a Friday night and left at noon on Saturday.
Check in was easy and went smoothly. Too bad the first sense I got when I entered the lobby of the building was that of cigarette smoke from the casino. Too bad they can't mask that. Went up to the room (4318) and was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and comfort of the beds. The bathroom was spacious and had great shampoo, soap, lotion and conditioner. Went down to eat dinner and had a fair meal at the cafe. Had a great drink of whiskey and beer!! The casino is bigger than it looks. Many games for everyone. Blackjack had different minimum bets -- affordable. Friendly staff. Went to my meeting the next morning and then checked out.
I heard the tower or floor I stayed on had just opened 3 weeks ago. The hallway carpet seemed brand new. Bed linen and towels were very soft. I had a great stay.
If you want to visit Flagstaff when here, I would recommend stay at a hotel in Flagstaff. The 20 minute drive from the hotel to downtown Flagstaff would be a hassle.
Give the place a try when you can.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you Gregory for giving us a try. We are delighted that your meetings went well and you had a great visit. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Safe travels until then,
Heather

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Lubbock, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

So this was our final hotel stay on our way home. It is a fairly new hotel and is located about 22 miles outside of Flagstaff, AZ. The folks at check in were very nice and helpful. our rooms was spacious, modern, and clean. The rooms actually have a small fridge and a Keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee and bottle waters. They also have several food options and of course their casino. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hoogezand, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

First of all let me preface this review with the confession that I am not a person that readily gives online reviews. I read them and rate them for their helpfulness but I rarely give reviews, especially negative ones. Having said that, my husband and I ended our 3 week vacation on the West Coast in Arizona with the sole intent of visiting the Grand Canyons and seeing a little of Arizona as well. I made the reservation for Twin Arrows in February for May 20-24th. I made the reservation via Twin Arrows website and not via an online booking site/agency because I wanted to make sure that there were no mistakes.

Is Twin Arrows incompetent/unprofessional/indifferent... you decide from the following:

1. When checking in I was given a Junior Suite instead of the Executive Suite With Mountain Views. I called down from the Junior Suite and informed the front desk. When I went back down to the front desk to pick up the keys to the new/correct room I was told by the young woman that checked me in that the room I was initially given, the Junior Suite, was the correct room but that they had just changed the name. Instantly I was confused because I knew that was not the case. I then told her that the room we were in was smaller, did not have a mountain view, nor did it have a separate sitting area like the online photos showed. She then told me that she was not sure what photos I saw because the Junior Suite should have the same photos. Uncertain as to why she would say this I then just said to her "The room we were just in was not 640 sq. ft. with a mountain view. So, please don't try to convince me other wise." After that, she gave us keys to our "new" room. And please keep in mind that as soon as I approached the front desk due to the error, I was the one apologizing to them/her for not knowing for certain what the name of the room was. I just assumed that since I had a confirmation email and called TWICE to check the reservation that they would put me in the right room.
2. When hanging up our clothes we noticed a hole in the wall next to the bathroom and closet. I immediately called the front desk just to make sure they were aware of it so that we would not be billed. I was told that they were indeed aware of the hole in the wall.
3. Upon closing the curtains to our room we notice several stains on them. The stains looked like male bodily fluid. I was disgusted at the sight of it and was about to call the desk again until my husband said not to because we couldn't be sure what it was. Regardless of what it was, the stains were obvious.
4. Looked out of the window and what did I see? No mountains. Nothing but parking lot. Called front desk this time and said "we reserved a room with mountain views" and was then told that we "didn't pay full price" because we had in fact paid the hotel's best rate. I told her that we paid for a mountain view regardless of whether it discounted or not and that the other rooms without a mountain view was cheaper. She then told me we were in the right room. Because it was still the first day, I decided to just forget about the mountain views and keep the room, stained curtains and all.
5. The following morning at 7:50a.m. I called the front desk because it was only at this time that I noticed that there was no desk, but a bar like structure, and no chair to sit in to work on a lap top. I called down to ask if there should be an office chair and was told yes. I told her there was not one she said she would notify someone about it. We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days and placed the call on the second day. No chair ever came.
6. Room was next to the stairs and service elevator. At 4a.m. the loudest knows, which you could actually feel due to vibration would come either from the elevator or the stairwell. This noised occurred at least twice during our stay and it was not a little, silly noise one could easily ignore, especially when awoken by it.
7.Checked out of room at 4am and told we were too early for checking out. I was then told I would receive the final check-out in my email that morning. Took FIVE calls to eventually get the email. At this time I then asked to speak to the manager, was told she "Tracy" was no in and left my number with all of the complaints listed here. 3 days later, no one from Twin Arrows has contacted me.

The Hotel has a non alcohol policy that is not stated any where on their website nor in the confirmation email. You find this out when checking in. It is an unscrupulous practice BECAUSE they only tell you this when you are checking in and if you decided at that time not to stay then Twin Arrows would keep your down payment and bill you for 2 of the 4 nights you had reserved. No alcohol in your hotel room but they will allow you to drink up in their bar at $8 for the cheapest glass of wine and have $6.50 beers at the Sport's Bar.

Twin Arrows Navajo Casino "Resort" is located 26miles/30 minutes away from everything and nearly 2 hours from the Grand Canyons. This is not a destination Resort although it's exterior is lovely as well as all of the Navajo décor. The Grand Canyons were beautiful but shameful that the Twin Arrows Navajo Resort experience was not.

Room Tip: Do not get room 5201 which is an Executive Suite WITHOUT mountain views. This room is located next t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to reach out again through Trip Advisor, as well as the other times through email, phone and onsite. If they haven't already, a member of our senior staff will be following up with you about your experience and our entire team sincerely apologizes. We are glad that you enjoyed the Grand Canyon, but are extremely apologetic for the issues you had onsite. We have shared your feedback with our hotel team and will continue to make improvements on each point.

We apologize again and thank you for letting us know what occurred.
Safe travels in the future,
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Biggest Positive: The room and bed were very comfortable.

Biggest Negative: Staff are untrained and unprofessional.

Overall unimpressed by the small things - only provided conditioner and moisturizer. No shampoo. Filled out the room service menu for 6am breakfast (we were on a tight timeline) and at 6:15am they still had not picked up the order cards (and laughed about it when I called to follow up).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Tanya,
First, let me apologize for our team. Second, thank you for including positives with the suggestions. We have shared this with the hotel's executive team that is continuing to train and improve customer service. We appreciate you visiting with us and hope to see you in the future to show you how we've improved. Thank you again for reaching, out, we apologize again for the issues with our team, especially regarding room service.

Hope you have safe travels and thank you,
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Comfortable room, easy access to the casino but enough separation so you don't get a lot of smoke on the hotel side. Nice workout facility. Rooms are big and comfortable. Refrigerator in room. Staff was quick to help!

Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked 3 rooms at Twin Arrows over Labor Day because my son and I were hiking the Grand Canyon and needed a base camp. Check in was fast and easy, we arrived at 11 am and we were in our rooms by 1. That is pretty good considering check in was at 4. Two of the rooms I booked through Hotels.com and they were the handicap accessible rooms. The showers in these rooms leave a lot to be desired. The shower head is 3 feet from my head and I am 6'1. But...you get what you pay for and I understand. My son's room which I bought on the hotels web site was the same except a much nicer shower. The hotel was clean and comfortable and service was awesome. The one fault ( and it is a big one) is that if you have a room facing the parking lot ( a non mountain view room) it has shutters and not blinds and curtains. Whatever time the sun comes up, you are coming up with it! It is impossible to sleep with the sum blasing in your room. If they could correct anything they really, really need to put curtains in the rooms because the blinds do not get the job done.

Room Tip: Mountain View, not facing the parking lot!
clackamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Keep following the highway from Flagstaff - you will find this hotel/casino well worth the effort to find it. Apparently Flagstaff is not yet allowing road signs for Twin Arrows until you are almost there. The hotel is luxury and we were staying in a standard room. As the British would say "top notch". These rooms have the guest as the priority. The casino was fun with more than enough slot machines and a variety of food choices in surrounding restaurants/cafés. Entering the hotel/casino the lobby is beautiful and speaks to the entire establishment.