“WORST CASINO EVER” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort

You added Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort to your Saves list
Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   22181 Resort Blvd, Exit 219, I-40, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Flagstaff, Arizona
“WORST CASINO EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Do not waste your time or money going here. The staff is too young and terrible at their jobs. The young "manager" in the restaurant came from being a waitress to running the floor in management. Terrible choice! The deralers all agree that nobody is allowed to have fun here and told us they get nothing but complaints about management. This casino has the worst name throughout Flagstaff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience so our team can continue to learn. We welcome additional suggestions as your support and all of Flagstaff is extremely important to us. Feel free to email us directly at TwinArrowsPR@Gmail.com if we can be of any assistance in the future or you have additional suggestions for our team.

We value your opinion and would love the opportunity to share the changes we continue making.
Have a great day,
Twin Arrows PR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The rooms are very well appointed with fine linens and towels. The design of each room is such that no detail has been overlooked. The view out our window featured the Painted Desert and the vistas were lovely.

The lobby of the hotel featured a three story suspended glass and metal sculpture. It was still being constructed but it offered a sense of well-being. The over-riding shape throughout was circular which made me feel as if I were in harmony.

The food we sampled was tasty and the pricing about what would be expected in today's resort style casinos.

The resort is a work in progress and further construction is underway. The only time, though, that any construction noise was heard was on the morning of our departure.

The casino was a bit on the smoky side which I did not expect in a brand new facility, although not as bad as many other casinos. The time it took to work through the line at the Players' Club was long and seemed somewhat disorganized. The machines were fun and there was a big variety of penny machines.

I would definite consider returning at some later time to see how the resort evolves.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side face the San Francisco Peaks while on the east there is a view of the Painted...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Okay, been going there every other day or at least once a week since before opening in May. Yes, the slots did tighten up after their grand opening. This is not my complaint. Go to players club beginning of July and ask why I haven't received any free play, post card, anything for my May and June play. Told "we are working on it" and when asked if he knew when, I am told again "we are working on it." Still no email from them but about a week later received a mailing with free play, discounted room and discounted meal. You must redeem the free play at the desk and it is not automatically loaded onto your card. I walk up to the desk and instead of good morning, I am asked rudely if I lost my card. No, I am here to redeem some coupons.I mentioned it was too bad I missed the birthday celebration for birthdays in June since received the mailer the day before and rsvp needed. Told would receive a post card in July stating it was moved to August. Still no post card (it is July 21). I asked what restaurant I could use the coupon at and was told it says on the coupon (no it doesn't - I had an upgraded one due to my level of play). She didn't know, ask at whatever place I am interested in. Gave her my birthday free play coupon and another regular one for $40. She says she loaded them to my card. I start to play and notice she only loaded $35. By then, the line is about a half hour long all day. Never mind. Go back later in month (July) to turn in my other free play coupon and once again, as I approach the desk I am asked, rudely again, if I had lost my card. I said no and was a little tired of being asked that. Told her I was shorted last time on free play so she assured me she loaded it correctly. Yes, she did.

On to drinks. They are pretty good in the mornings about having more than one drink on their tray when they ask you if you want something. Later - you are lucky if you see them and then they have one soda or just water bottles. No selection. The liquor license for actual drinks took until mid July for on the floor delivery. Finally, after tackling one lady at night, she brought me a wine for $4.20 which I thought was pretty good price. It came in a clear plastic SMALL cup about 1/3 full. I use more mouthwash than that! Yes, I tip at least $1 for any soda and I tipped $2 for the drink.

I will need a hotel for several days when the inside of our house is painted and will probably drive to Phoenix (2 hrs) instead of driving 20 minutes. There they give me free rooms, looser slots, bigger drinks and better food. I am NEVER asked if I lost my card when I go to the players club there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We have shared this with Players Club and our Food and Beverage team. Feel free to email us at Twin ArrowsPR@gmail.com as we would love to the opportunity to share future changes and improvements. Thank you again.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This facility is great. Everything is shinny and new and smells great. The room was very nice, plenty of room, good bed and pillows and hubby enjoyed the gambling but the best part for me?? The food. Everything and everywhere we ate on the property was great but breakfast ended up be the most special of all. Ordered pancakes and when they came out they looked like of different in color and found out why...they are made with blue flour and they are delicious!!! This is a Navajo tradition and so glad they did.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
TwinArrowsAZ, Public Relations Manager at Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Monirae,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Yes, the pancakes and our fry bread are made with Blue Bird Flour. Chef Jason Smallcanyon of Zenith Steakhouse loves using it too. We will pass on your compliments to our entire team. Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Have a great afternoon,
TwinArrowsPR@gmail.com
New River, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and I were given 2 nights free at the hotel. First - the positive.... the room was nice. Many amenities. Very clean. Very new (obviously). Comfortable beds. "K" cup coffee in the room. Complimentary water. etc. The staff at the hotel and casino were (mostly) professional and polite. Many were even enthusiastic. The casino was clean and well laid out with colorful and fun looking slots. The atmosphere was clean and well ventilated. If you don't smoke (we don't) you would almost think you were in a smoke free building. On the surface, the situation was top notch. 5-Star!! Now for the bad (and to me these are a game killer)........ By a factor of ten, the slots were the tightest I have ever experienced!! I put 14 $100 bills through probably 20 or 30 slot machines in one short evening with the same result on each machine; Pull after pull after pull... mostly "0" on the win meter. What kept me going was the incorrect expectation in my pea brain that all slot machines, eventually, will pay something. If played long enough, you will eventually win something. I'm a realist. I expect to lose when I gamble, but I like to lose slow and to have fun while I am doing it. This evening was no fun. With scarce exceptions, my night was one of zero return. After checking in around 5PM on a Tuesday afternoon, I began playing the slots. With the exception of an hour break for dinner and another hour of play on the Blackjack tables (I actually broke even on Blackjack) I was in my room by midnight down $1400. That is 5 hours of play on $1400. It should be hard to lose that much that fast on mostly penny slots! It wasn't. The second negative, and I only really have 2, was the ridiculous buffet. If a contest were held to design the WORST possible scenario for a casino buffet, I just ate at the grand prize winner. $8.95 for a single trip to the food bar. No limit to what you could take, as long as you did it in one pass. Most everyone I saw, myself included, pushed two trays down the line. Knowing that you are limited to one pass, the tendency is to take one of everything. I literally, and I am ashamed to say it, scraped enough food off my plates into the garbage, after I had engorged myself, to feed a hungry family of 4, twice!! For the same amount of money ($8.95) I would have consumed 1/3 the food if given the opportunity to return to the food bar for seconds on the items I liked. I never waste food at buffets. But knowing that return trips were not an option, I simply took everything I could possibly have wanted more of on my first and only pass. This resulted in my throwing away pounds of uneaten food. As I looked around, nearly everyone was doing the same thing. One young man with a big grin on his face balanced 3 trays on his arms as he left the food bar!! The table bussers were kept busy scraping platefuls of untouched food into the garbage cans. It is an obscene waste of food!!! No other way to call it. To end the story, my wife (who lost $1000, but a little slower than I) and I checked out after only one night, leaving a paid-for free night behind (that has never happened before!). We had had enough! We drove to Cliff Castle Casino on the way home to Phoenix and had 5 or 6 hours of fun playing on $400. Much more like it!!!! I hope Twin Arrows gets it together with looser slots and a less wasteful buffet, but that remains to be seen. Until such time I will caution all of my friends to avoid that casino like the plague. One caveat - if you are only a table-game player you might like this casino - but AVOID THE SLOTS!!! One more small thing - some designer, in his/her wisdom - placed the preferential "low vehicle emissions" parking slots closer to the entrance than the handicapped slots. Please explain the logic????

Room Tip: We had a double queen room and it was nice. I imagine all rooms were equally nice or nicer.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Jon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the positive feedback on the rooms and staff and are sharing your concerns with the slots and buffet with our executive team. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, if you have additional feedback to share or would be open to us sharing the improvements we continue to make. Email us anytime at TwinArrowsPR@Gmail.com
Thank you again Jon.
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed for one night and enjoyed it. Casino is beautiful and rooms are superior. All the right touches in the rooms including refrigerator and microwave. Beds are very comfortable. The casino seems to have the right combination of tables and machines. Unique to this casino is that the video poker machines are all located which makes it easy to locate them. The casino does not yet have a license to sell alcohol in the casino but alcohol is available in the restaurants. The machines at the bar are not operational but should be eventually. One negative (mostly growing pains) is that there was only one employe working at the players club. At times there are 20 or 30 people in line. All the staff we met was cordial and helpful - especially the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

First, they are still working out the kinks... This being said, the staff is new, but very friendly. We had an amazing time at the Zenith Steakhouse. Spendy, but worth it! The machines are tight, but table games rocked. Amazing fireworks show on the Fourth. Great decor. Give them a chance!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Twin Arrows Navajo Casino Resort? Share your experiences!