“Pretty good BBQ” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Santa Clara, Utah
“Pretty good BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I'm a BBQ snob, having been raised on the Alabama's best. This wasn't bad. Husband had the pulled pork plate and I had the beef brisket plate. Our sides were the sweet potato tots and cole slaw. I thought the beef was better than the pork, which is usually the opposite. The plates came with a roll that we used to make a mini sandwich and still had plenty left over to eat plain. The tots were OK, wasn't quite what we were expecting after reading the review. The cole slaw was super delicious. They put a little citrus in the dressing that is butter milk based. Next time more slaw! For the plates they serve the sides in their own paper cups. Service was very attentive as the place wasn't crowded at all. Of the two BBQ places we tried on this trip to Flagstaff, we liked this one better. We may be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

94% Recommend
MARIETTA
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place has no atmosphere but who needs it when you're chowing down on BBQ. My wife had the pork plate and I had the brisket plate. Both the meats were great and the sides of fries and cole slaw covered the plate. I also had a salad that could have been a meal in itself. Service was fast and attentive. We went here because of the excellent review it received.
Thank the Lord for smart phones.

Visited May 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Hidden BBQ Gem where you'd least expect it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

After my son's graduation from NAU we were wanting to escape the crowds and my son suggested this little BBQ place that he didn't think folks knew about yet. He was right - it was almost empty when we arrived. LUCKY US!!!

We all had the baby back ribs and assorted sides. (We were a bit starving and chewing on bones seemed like a great idea!) I'm not usually a fan of Memphis-style BBQ (I'm a KC girl) - but these were delicious!!! All the sides were delicious, too - crispy shoestring fries, sweetpotato-tots, cole slaw, mac-n-cheese, and wonderful beans!!!

Great staff, too! They were willing to work with us when we put in a delayed order for family still stuck in traffic, checked in with us several times, and cleared empties away as we finished. We felt very welcomed!!

Visited May 2013
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Okay not a must go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The pork is quite good BBQ sauce is okay the bun is way too big and kinda dry but the potato salad is horrible i regret choosing that as my side as it was impossible to eat. Staff is very friendly and service was quick. I may try here again but I'm not super impressed. The server was so sweet when she noticed I didn't eat the potato salad she gave me a replacement side here's hoping the Mac and cheese is great:-)

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious BBQ, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

SO much better than they need to be!!! Counter ordering setup with a simple menu - as it should be with BBQ! Ordered a half rack of pork ribs and a pulled pork sandwich. For the 3 included sides we had corn on the cob, a side salad, and sweet "potatertots". The salad was huge with real greens, not just lettuce; and tomatoes, cucumber, croutons and shredded cheese. The blue cheese dressing was excellent. The corn was fresh and sweet, and the "tots" were AMAZING. Just the right balance of sweet and savory - crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. The meat fell right off the rib bones, and the pulled pork was tender and smoky. The BBQ sauce was delicious. All of the portions were generous, they use real silverware and dishes, and somebody checked on us twice after we were served. Such a FANTASTIC find on a visit to Flagstaff - I truly wish we had something like it in CA. We loved it. Yum.

• Visited April 2013