“Really nice people in a great setting” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 41 Activities in Flagstaff
Type: Equestrian Trails, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: We provide horseback and trail riding for the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Arizona area, and if you want to experience the best horses, the best scenery, the best wranglers, than you don't want to miss a day of riding in the Coconino National Forest. This is the largest National Forest in the US, and it has miles of horseback trails with scenic beauty, spectacular views, quiet solitude, and the Arizona Trail is accessible from our stables. 1 Hour Ride = $55; 2 Hour Ride = $100; 3 Hour Ride = $150; 4 Hour Ride = $180; 6 Hour Ride = $240; 8 Hour Ride = $300. Wagon Ride = $45 (children 4 and under ride for FREE). Cowboy Meals: Adult Cowboy Dinner = $40 (Steak or chicken, cowboy baked beans, salad, Texas toast & choice of a drink). Child Cowboy Dinner = $20 (Burgers or hotdogs, cowboy baked beans, salad, Texas toast, & choice of drink). Cowboy Lunch = $20 (burgers or hotdogs, potato salad, choice of drink). Cowboy Breakfast = $10 (bacon, sausage, eggs, pancakes, juice or coffee). Pack Lunch = $25 (This will go with you on your ride. Choice of sandwich, potato salad, chips and choice of drink).
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Really nice people in a great setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I took my 4-yr old granddaughter "to see a horse". We got a lot more than we anticipated. Ashley led her through the woods on Marshmellow; Ashley's favorite horse. Ashley was so kind to my granddaughter. I highly recommend Hitchin Post.

Visited July 2013
ShelaP, Front Office Manager at Hitchin' Post Stables, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive response! Feel free to bring out the whole family next time for a fun wagon ride (children 4 and under ride for FREE)!

Pipersville, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Fun,Fun,Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Great family fun ,we all had a super time .Our guide Julianne was so friendly and great with the kids .She stopped a few times for us to take some great family photos .
The horses were gentle, and you could tell very well cared for.
I highly recommend Hitchin' Post Stables

Phoenix, Arizona
“So Much Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We felt very pampered on this ranch as we enjoyed a wagon ride into the woods and then a delicious dinner when we returned. I have a bit of a fear of horses, but I actually got along side a beautiful black and white horse and had my picture taken. Thanks for the patience of all the ranch hands. Even the "Big Boss" asked us how our experience had been! We loved our time there. Food was outstanding. You won't be disappointed.

Los Banos, California
3 attraction reviews
“"beautiful scenery very outstanding n friendly guides"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is our families first road trip. We started in flagstaff, Az. This is our daughters first horseback riding experience they are 16 n 8yrs old, my eldest daughter rode lacey, my youngest rode liberty, my husband rode radar, I rode sunny girl the horses were beautiful n very pleasant to ride. Its been 15 yrs since i rode a horse. I was very nervous but the guide Tim was extremely comforting n reassured me i would be ok. On the 1 hour trail ride he kept checking on me to see if I was ok. This made me feel safe and relaxed. Julianne was at the end of our group and rode up twice to check in on me. I reccomend this highly if your traveling thru town or live here this was such a beautiful experience to be one with Gods beautiful land n animals. God bless hitchen' post stables n all their guides and Jim for making this wonderful experience possible.

Visited July 2013
ShelaP, Front Office Manager at Hitchin' Post Stables, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your positive response! It is customers like you that make places like Hitchin' Post Stables thrive. I will let your Wranglers Julianne and Tim know you enjoyed your ride and we hope to ride with you again in the future!
Your Friends at Hitchin' Post Stables
(928) 774-1719
Los Banos, California
“outstanding guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

the guides were great, the guides i had: Tim & Julianne, were great, understanding, and sociable. the horses were very healthy and greatly trained. the scenery was excellent and clean. it was a great first experience in Flagstaff and i will be returning (me and my family) there's no doubt bout that!!!! :))))))