“Excellent Pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Ohio
“Excellent Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We grabbed NiMarcos at the end of a very long and tiring day visiting the Grand Canyon. The place was right down the street from our hotel in Flagstaff. We try to avoid eating at big chain restaurants when traveling, and this seemed like a good local place to grab a late carry-out pizza for consumption back at the hotel.

Service was friendly and fast. We placed our order (at the counter, not over the phone) just a half-hour before the place closed - something we scarcely ever do - but the staff could not have been any nicer. When I returned a short while later to pick up the order they offered paper plates and napkins, which was appreciated because in my tired state I could easily have forgotten that we didn't have plates or napkins readily available at our hotel.

The pizza was generously topped with cheese and flavorful meats, and more than fit the bill. We got some breadsticks for good measure and they were at least as good as the pizza - well seasoned and far better than most pizzeria breadsticks in our experience. As hungry as we all were after the day we'd had, the four of us (two adults and two youngish children) couldn't finish the single large pizza and order of breadsticks.

The place and the fare aren't anything fancy - but we were looking for a good fresh and hearty pizza, and NiMarcos hit the mark(o) perfectly.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Largo, Florida
“Really, Really Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

NiMarco’s is a very casual place on a little, quiet side street.

The restaurant is unassuming, but the food packs a big punch.
The salads are generous and tasty and the pizza is very flavorful and delicious.

I would definitely return.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
california
“Food terrible and service to match”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We called from the hotel and ordered a pizza with half pepperoni and half with other ingredients including peppers. When it was delivered we found that they had covered the entire pizza with all the ingredients. Called the place back and they agreed it was their error and sent another pizza. The simple pepperoni was cardboard and cheese with an occasional piece of pepperoni. The other pizza arrived cold and was tasteless.

Was expensive and bad food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Arizona
“Life's little surprises!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Last night, my husband and I joined a group of friends at a local bar, and after a while, someone suggested we all go to NiMarco's. I have lived here for over four years, but have never even thought of going there before, though I knew it existed. I am so glad we finally made the decision to go, because the pizza we got was so GOOD! We ordered the Popeye, sans bacon (we're vegetarians), and I will say that the amount of veggies, especially the spinach, was very generous, and the crust was so light, airy, and fresh, not like so many other pizzas I've had in my life, which are usually heavy and overly chewy. The atmosphere was rather upbeat, and they serve great beers as well; what's more American than pizza and good beer, right? I will definitely go back again, and I recommend it highly for those looking to break away from the corporate pizza joints (you know of whom I speak.....) It's a great place to take the family, and to meet with friends!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, IL
“Always worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Always eat here when in Flag. A reasonably priced local joint with good pizza. Every time. Try the Popeye!

Visited July 2013