“Poor service and bad attitude” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Poor service and bad attitude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I will NOT order or eat at the Fratelli's on Fourth Street again! I ordered my usual extra large meat lovers with mushrooms, onion and black olives added to the pizza. When I got the pizza home and opened the box, there was this strange odor emanating from the pizza. After careful inspection, I found that the black olives were rancid. I immediately called and reported this to the manager. I suggested that he go and taste the black olives. I asked that a new pizza be made without the black olives and I would return the bad one. I told the manager that the pizza was an extra large one. When I got back to the restaurant, several of the employees told me that they tasted the black olives and agreed with me that they were rancid. When my replacement pizza came out, it was only the large and not extra large. When I asked for a refund on the size difference, the manager was extremely rude and told me that it was my mistake and not his...besides, the difference was only $2. So, he refused to refund the difference. Rudeness from the manager...really?

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
“Good slice of pizza.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a good place for pizza which has been in a few locations in Flagstaff. The West-side location is more of a college spot with the East-side location as more of a sit down restaurant that is good for families. Good sauce with a good crust.

Visited May 2012
Flagstaff, Arizona, United States
“Fantastic Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This place was wonderful, I will for sure go back. The food was delicious and the beer selection was not bad.

The best feature of this restaurant is the staff. The two women at the cash register were so helpful in giving me directions. They took the time to show me a map and point out landmarks that I would see along the way. They went above and beyond their job and were absolutely fantastic.

Visited February 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Above average pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We walked in because it was next door to where we were working. Pleasantly surprised by the above average pizza, cheese sticks and salad.

Visited February 2013
“Excited and Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am a local and have eaten at Fratelli's many times. I have never loved the atmosphere or the service, but we liked the pizza. I was especially excited when they added gluten-free crust to the
menu, as I am gluten-free. That being said…I am disappointed and have not returned and probably WILL NOT return in the future because of the following:

We went and had our usual dining experience at Fratelli's on 4th street. We had leftovers boxed to take home. We walked out to our car, right next to the door... (less than 3 minutes went by) and noticed we walked out without our box. So, I went immediately back inside and it was not on the table. So, I went to the front counter and said that we JUST walked out and forgot our box, which was JUST taken off the table. She checked and came back with our box. I'm not sure what possessed me to look, but I opened the box, and I found that there were about 3 pieces that were partially eaten in the box! They had been eating our pizza in the back! ok, I understand (I guess)….they thought we left and wanted to eat it.

AT THIS POINT, they should have told me they threw it away. I would have said ok, and walked out. BUT NOOOO. She gives me a pizza box with half eaten pieces, and I had only put whole pieces in the box. I said these have been eaten, and she just shrugged her shoulders and walked to help someone else! I was so shocked I was fuming and speechless!

So I went to the car and told my husband. He was livid! He went inside and asked for the Manager and explained what had just transpired. My husband said that the manager did not really care what happened, gave a half-hazard "I'm sorry" and gave him a free pizza coupon.

He returned to the car completely dissatisfied. The coupon didn't matter, as the lack of customer concern or care was not there. Not worth the free pizza. How unfortunately for us.

I hope others have more pleasant experiences than us.

• Visited September 2012