“Best Chinese Food In Flag” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #168 of 291 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Chinese
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Best Chinese Food In Flag”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We had this food ordered for a work lunch party, I thought it was the best chinese food in Flagstaff that I've had (better than China Garden and Golden Dragon). I would defiently order from this place again. Also the staff was very nice!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Decent, a bit hit or miss.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We ordered delivery, which took about twenty five minutes. Both the woman who took our order and the man who brought us our food were friendly and helpful. The shrimp with snow peas was great. The combo #4 ( sweet and sour pork and cashew chicken) was alright. The sweet and sour pork was pretty bland, nothing special. But the cashew chicken was great! Tons of flavor and lots of food. The rice portions were huge! The egg roll es the best part; it was a bit sweet and perfectly crunchy. Should have gotten a bunch of those!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Only chinese to eat in Flagstaff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Although August Moon lacks 5 stars for its lack of atmosphere (although some attempt is made) it more than makes up for it with good food, clean kitchen and freindly service. It is the only chinese we locals eat because it is small and family run. The owners, Eric and Diane will seat you at your table, take your order and serve it while making sure all your needs are met. Great food, great service!

Visited January 2012
Indiana
“You call that Chinese”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

My wife and I visited this restaurant while in the area because it was said by hotel staff that it was the best in Flagstaff. In my opinion not so much.
We ordered chicken egg foo yung and chicken chow mein plus a bowl of egg drop soup to boot. The ingredients were: lots of mushrooms in both dishes, lots of carrots and broccoli, a smattering of bean sprouts, cabbage (not chinese). Now I ask you, what besides bean sprouts is traditional chinese food ingredients?
The egg drop soup, called egg flower soup here, had very little egg in it but here again, peas and carrots.
I don't understand why the Chinese think they have to "Americanise" their food to please our tastes here in America. I want Chinese veggies in my Chinese food. Leave out broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, peas and cabbage. Put in bean sprouts, water chestnuts and all that other good stuff.

• Visited October 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Flagstaff
“Excellent! Again and again and again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

We aren't Chinese food aficionados, but when we order out we get Fried crab cheese puff, Mongolian Beef, and kung pao chicken. No one ever complains! I really enjoy it! ...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere