“A Vegan and Artist paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“A Vegan and Artist paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

You will be wooed by the fresh roasted coffe, and the surreal, large., colorful, artistic photographs by Mr. Macy himself. This place beats Starbucks anyday of the week and the people are more hip, friendlier and fun. You will not ever be disappointed with this choice unless you just must have ham or bacon for breakfast. Try spinach insteaed if not just for one meal!!!

Visited September 2014

Ketchikan, Alaska
“Haters gonna hate”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

This is not a special coffee shop as many seem to think here on TA. The vibe is college hippy with all the requisite lefty political posters in case you were confused. Got a small Royal Latte for almost $4 and I'm not impressed, especially for 4 bucks.

Cottonwood, Arizona
“Simply, it's a coffee house that will remain 1 of your tops ever with your first visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Vibe the quintessential Flagstaff at Macy's. Others come and go, change, etc, but Macys mission from day one continues. Wholesome food and coffee and other beverages in a quasi-hippie-esque without the stench or over-the-top-ness. I really don't want to give it away. 1 of the few places over the years that is better than the last time you were there. Great soups and ears breakfast and lunch. Coffee galore done for efficianodos but it will work for sweet lovers, so long as u don't plan on white sugar, cause there is none in the house. Now, to be honest, the place next door has the greatest buttermilk cakes ever, really. But I can't tell you the last time I was there cause I tend to have limited time when there, and it's just so much nicer in macys UNLESS, mmm, macys is cramped, so my mother in law, with any other than one of my kids,in guess it's not. It's a clandestine one of a kind earthy crunchy awesome place that I beg you to visit if that's what it takes. For sure will end up as one of ur top coffee house visits of your life! I marked it as solo, cause overall, it's that kind of place. Use the bathroom and leave your mark on the chalkboard, at least check out all the history photos of workers they've taken every few years. Like a family is what it feels like employees must feel who work there. That, from when I first went there in the 90's, has been consistent too. Would love to meet the owners for sure. I believe they are not typically around, and the college worker vibe is different than a lot of places in that you get the feeling that the people who work there want to be there to serve you. Pretty cool indeed. I'd like to be the owner and hear that in fact for sure, eh? Enough! Go. Even just to look, you'll stay though . Well tamped triple espresso just wonderful, served in a real cup upon my request was all I got during a two hour stay poking on my tablet a few weeks ago. Fantastic overall experience. Go!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“This coffee shop is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

My daughter (Northern Arizona University student) has been raving about this place for a year now. We were up in Flagstaff to help her move in to her new student housing and she wanted to treat us there. My daughter ordered the Macy Special, I had the Cafe Bohemian, and the wife went for a small Macchiato. All were delicious. I broke down and ordered a biscuit and gravy. Wow, the best darn gravy I've ever had (sorry mom).
My daughter tried some and agreed. If I lived in Flagstaff this would be a regular place for me. Macy's is just a few short blocks north of the NAU campus. If you are in Flagstaff forget your Starbucks just this once and make the trip to Macy's. You won't go wrong. Oh, this place is crowded and does have a patio.

Armagh, United Kingdom
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Having stayed at Tusayan to visit The Grand Canyon and being singularly unimpressed with the offerings available there, not to mention the price, we detoured via Macys for breakfast after reading some of the reviews on here. We were not disappointed. It's an eclectic place and all the nicer for it. Crowded with locals, all five of us managed to crowd around a small table whilst our order was assembled. Some had the famous granola and yogurt, others an omelette - all we really delighted with their breakfasts. And the prices were really reasonable. This was a road trip for us, so unfortunately we're unlikely to return, but if you get the opportunity, don't miss this little gem.

• Visited June 2014