“anniversary dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cottage Place Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 257 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Continental
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: South Humphreys
Description: The Cottage Place Restaurant is located in a historic Flagstaff residence built in 1909. Opened in 1980, The Cottage Place has been a favorite of locals & tourists alike who enjoy its intimate atmosphere, fine food, excellent service & extensive wine list. Whether it is a special occasion or a light meal The Cottage Place is the right choice! Award winning chef, Frank Branham, has created several menu options including the new Appetizer and Small Plates all the way to the six course Tasting Menu w/ option of wine pairings. All menus can be viewed online at www.cottageplace.com along with extensive comments from guests. In recognition of their wine list Cottage has received the "Award of Excellence" from the Wine Spectator every year since 1996. For many, many years The Cottage Place has received "Best Fine Dining in Flagstaff" and "Best Wait Staff" in a poll conducted by the Arizona Daily Sun.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“anniversary dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

delicious food and exceptional service. 5* minus the snooty atmosphere.Best meal we had in flagstaff.

Visited May 2013

“Home of a great chef/philosopher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I seldom find a restaurant that so completely meets my expectations, let alone in a quaint cottage in Flagstaff, Arizona. Cottage Place delivers inspired cuisine, an excellent wine list, and knowledgable attentive service. Chef Frank Branham makes a point of visiting each table to get feedback. It is the sign of a confident chef who takes pride in his preparations. Our dinner began with a velvety asparagus velouté, a creamy soup with an enriched chicken stock base. It was perfectly seasoned and offered multiple layers of flavor. Warm, sourdough bread and a delicately infused butter made a great impression. A shared rack of lamb came exactly as ordered, and featured a wonderful presentation of vegetables. The wine list provides both value selections and high end offerings. Both of the wines that we selected were well-balanced and reasonable in price. We sat next to a gentlemen who is a frequent visitor to the restaurant; his claim was that this might be the best in the State of Arizona; I would hesitate to argue that point. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Visited May 2013
Anthem, Arizona
“absolutely amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went for the first time and I am in love!!! Cute little house that was turned into a restaurant. We started off with homemade bread and these little pita chip things. DELICIOUS!!! Even the butter was amazing!! I wanted to ask if I could buy some!!! We then ordered our entrees which came with a soup or salad. I wish there was more to the salad but it was still great! Then I had the Shrimp fettuccine! It was remarkable! They then brought out a tray with all the different deserts they have and explained them all to us. We got the pistachio cheesecake and it was amazing!

They give you enough time between courses that you can enjoy your company and prepare your stomach for more amazing food!

Their prices are a little high...they are the nicest restaurant in town. So be prepared for that but it isn't bank breaking expensive.

You will love this restaurant!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

WOW. I found this place on TA, made reservations for two for myself and my wonderful lady through opentable, and we were both blown away by the entire dining experience. No issues with our reservations...it was like they were waiting for just us. In my reservation I asked for a quiet, romantic table if possible...and we got that and more. We were seated in the front enclosed area where there is only one table, right in the front window...candles, and even a divider for more privacy....it was prefect. We met Chef Frank who was interactive with his patrons, and he visited with us for a bit, and even showed us through his kitchen...that was a cool experience, and was very refeshing to have some connection with who and where our food came from...something that you dont see much anymore. Thanks Chef!!!
Our waiter greeted us, and described the specials,,,which all sounded so good, it was hard to choose. We started with a wine suggestion by our waiter Dillon (if I remember his name correctly)...the wine was a great recommendation, and we choose the cheese plate as well...the cheeses were very good, but the chutney was the best!
After some awesome aspargus soup, and a nice fresh salad, we shared our entrees. She had the parm encrusted scallops, and I tried the asian duck...both were soooo good. After another bottle of wine we chatted and enjoyed our surroundings. We stayed longer than normal, but at no time did we feel rushed or pressured. We ordered some Creme' Brulee to go, and cant wait for our next visit! Go...you will be happy you did.
GREAT JOB COTTAGE PLACE!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I went there for my birthday. It was a small place but nice. We had a hard time finding a parking and we got helped. It was very nice atmosphere. The food was a little pricy in little portions but it was really good. I don't think I can afford to go there again. It was a one time thing.

• Visited January 2013