“Excellent family activity!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 45 Attractions in Flagstaff
Type: Sports Complexes, Sights & Landmarks
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Tree Top Adventure course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines and securely suspended between the trees at 15 to 50 feet off the ground.Some of the features of course include suspended bridges, swings, slides, nets, ziplines and even an aerial surf board.Come on your own, bring a group, or have a party or an event. Take a journey and explore the outdoors like you never have before.
Anthem, Arizona
22 attraction reviews
“Excellent family activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We (my girlfriend and our three kids, my sons 12 & 11 and her 9 year old daughter) participated at FE last Fri (11/ 23/12--the day after Thanksgiving). My girlfriend and I took pix/videos of our children's activities--we did not actively participate.

All three of our kids did the kids' course. My 12 year old was borderline, but due to self-confidence issues, I emailed the owner (Paul) several times during the week and he agreed to let my son go on the children's course. In retrospect, I have mixed feelings about this decision (which I alone made), but more on that later.

First of all, we all had a great time and this is an excellent venue and terrific value! We will definitely go back again when the course re-opens in 2013--this time the adults will participate too! The course is easy to find, right off of I-17 just south of Flagstaff. I wish they served/sold hot coffee/chocolate there, as I had to dispatch my girlfriend to the nearest Starbucks/McDonald's to find us some, as it was a bit chilly early that morning. But I digress.

Our two youngest (my son turned 11 this month and her daughter turned 9 this month) had an absolute blast on the course and were basically racing thru in on their second and third iterations--they can't wait to return!

My 12 year old is approx. 5'7" and was probably too tall for the course. Again, this is my fault, as I requested special permission from the owner to have him participate on the kids' course, as I thought it would be a boost to his self-confidence. In retrospect, I think the course is geared to smaller, shorter kids and as a result, he had some issues with several of the obstacles, causing him to get somewhat frustrated, and increasing his feelings of self-doubt. I asked him if he wanted to try the beginner adult course (I would have gladly paid the upcharge as well as admission for myself) but after he finished the kids' course the first time, he was done for the day. I'll try to get him back up there for the adults' 1/2 course, but I'm not sure that he's interested. In any event, this is entirely my fault, not the owner's/course's.

I highly recommend this activity, and as I previously mentioned, we'll (at least 4 of us) will definitely return again soon!

Visited November 2012

Arizona
“Be obnoxious if under 16”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Too many people today. Lots of kids allowed on adult course and r struggling however if you make a lot of noise and ask for help you may get to continue on the red course making everything so much slower.

Paul K, Owner at Flagstaff Extreme, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We appreciate the comments and are happy that our customer rated us highly. We are committed to safety and, at times, we do allow children under 16 to go further than others as the Course is designed for this. If Customers, regardless of age, are struggling, we do not have them continue. We tightly control the number of people per start time and monitor Course progress. We advise customers to budget at least 3 hours for the activity and most people are pleasantly surprised that our Course does take quite some time. We hope that our customers will see that we provide a one of a kind experience that will be memorable.
Tempe, Arizona
“Great place to take your Boy Scout troop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I took my Boyscout troop on a day trip (Troop 71). We all had a terrific time! It was safe, and the boys learned to overcome their fear of heights. Challenging and fun!

There is also a camping park within a walking distance if you would like to camp and go to the Extreme Adventure during the day.

Arturo

Visited October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
8 attraction reviews
“Flagstaff Extreme is a high-flying adventure for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Our family of five recently spent the day at Flagstaff Extreme and loved every minute of the zip lines and challenges set among the beautiful fall colors of Flagstaff. A great way to beat the last few days of valley heat!

Prescott, Arizona
19 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun, but very expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I went with a group from work to Flagstaff Extreme, and I had a blast. It was nothing like I had ever done before. They emphasize safety and teach you beforehand how to mange the course, and then they turn you lose. I have not gone back, however, probably because of the high cost (as I recall at least $60 per person for an outing). Since it is so pricey, it is the kind of thing that you would do once, or maybe on special occasions, but certainly not regularly.

Visited August 2012
Paul K, Owner at Flagstaff Extreme, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We wanted to respond to this review to ensure accuracy. The Adult admission is $42+tax/fees for groups under 8 people. If this was a group over 8 then the cost was 10% less. We also feel that our price is an extreme value because it is literally hours of fun and unique. We are happy that the reviewer had a great time and we do hope they come back for a special occasion.