“needs to spend $ on fresh towels” 2 of 5 stars

Canyon Inn
1.0 of 5 Motel   |   501 S. Milton, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #40 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Wrightwood, California
“needs to spend $ on fresh towels”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

cheap room, comfortable bed. The room was "non smoking" but did have a bit of a stale smoke smell. not bad enough that I could not stay in room ( I am very sensitive to smoke). Decor dark and a bit run down. Need new towels, they may have been washed, but they are stained. Couple that is running the place was very friendly and hard working. As someone else said, the guest seem a bit "sketchy" and so does the property, but we had a safe nights sleep and that is what we needed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Webmaster at Canyon Inn, responded to this review, July 2, 2012

Thank you for choosing Canyon Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about replacing stained towels.

• The couple running the place received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• The couple running the place received my personal commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Canyon Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

This is a small "mom and pop" establishment. Very nice hosts/owners-helpful and friendly. We also paid about $40, I had no billing problems. The room was clean and the bed was firm (which I prefer) and the linens fresh! The room had a TV, microwave and small fridge. Breakfast was OK, comparable to what you get elsewhere. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Page, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

It is obvious the age of the motel, so we didn't expect it to be very well maintained or updated in anyway. To my surprise it was very pleasant. The room was very clean. The carpet and bedding was newer and fairly attractive. At first the color scheme seemed a bit odd, but I realized it was very helpful for me to get a good nights sleep. I don't sleep well with any light, so the darker decor really helped. The bed was one of the nicer and more comfortable beds I have slept in in any hotel, and I have stayed at the Trump Towers. The breakfast was modest but fresh, and the coffee was a wonderful surpise, I say this as a Seattle native. The young couple that run the place were very nice and helpful. I can say that anytime I am going to stay in Flagstaff I will return and stay here. Very pleased especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
canyoninnflagstaffaz, Webmaster at Canyon Inn, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Canyon Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found your stay to be such a pleasant one.

• The young couple that run the place received our commendation for the courteous, helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• The breakfast staff received our commendation for their presentation.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Walked in with no reservation and paid only $40 for this place, including taxes, so for that price it was great. Basic, worn furniture and the bedspread had seen better days, but for the price I didn't expect any better. Contrary to other reviews I read on here (after we stayed there!) our room was clean...although it was old and not terribly well maintained so it didn't have any sparkle or shine, and we had no billing issues. The receipt did say breakfast was included but there wasn't any. For what we paid, I didn't really expect food though so that was OK. Seemed to be run by some college kids.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Tucson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

Not only was my credit card charged twice for this property...but I had to move rooms during a two day stay because I woke up with sometime of bites on my abdomen from the first room. I would've expected one night to be comped, but instead I was charged twice on the same reservation. I would not recommend staying here...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
canyoninnflagstaffaz, Webmaster at Canyon Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2012

Thank you for choosing Canyon Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was approached about the problem you had getting your credit back and ways were discussed in which this could be prevented from happening again to anyone.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the first room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Canyon Inn. We look forward to welcoming you back, and making your next visit much more enjoyable.

Scottsdale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I used my credit card to hold 3 rooms: 1 for myself and husband and 2 for 2 other couples. The 3 rooms were payed the morning of check out. It was understood that my card was used ONLY to HOLD the rooms, each room was paid by each couple. The hotel charged my card for all 3 rooms and charged each friend for the rooms as well. This was back in July, I've called 6 times and am STILL waiting on the hotel to return the amount to my checking account. What a nightmare! i would not recommend this nasty, old hotel and will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Find a different place to stay! Yikes! dirty and dishonest
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Canyon Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about the mixup in the charges made.

Thank you for giving us a review. Upon receipt of your review the following step was taken:

• Management was approached about the extra charges and ways in which to prevent this from happening again to anyone were discussed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Canyon Inn. We take our reviews very seriously and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Vicenza, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

In this economy I tried to save some money on this trip by staying at a less expensive hotel. I overpaid for this hotel. It is increadibly rundown and badly in need of refurbishing, perhaps total renovation. The bathtub still had pieces of soap stuck to the sides and I was provided a bathmat but no towels. The sheets were threadbare and the TV so old it didn't have a remote--or maybe the remote was with the missing towels. If it wasn't for the fact it was pre-paid and I would not be able to get a refund for an early checkout I would have moved hotels. I booked thorugh Delta Skymiles and expected better quality recommendations through Delta.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this motel.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for choosing Canyon Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees and of having the room properly supplied with towels etc.

• Management was informed of your report of the age of the television in the room assigned to you and the lack of a remote and the situation was discussed with the idea of gradually replacing the televisions as possible.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Canyon Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Canyon Inn? Share your experiences!