“America best value Flagstaff az” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66

You added Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 E. Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“America best value Flagstaff az”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

good, bad and ugly.
Good---price and located near restaurants and downtown entertainment.
Bad-----front desk not friendly. Share parking with auto parts store. I forgot to give them my Best Value card at check in so I didn't get discount (my fault, but they also didn't ask for it).
Ugly--only had about a half of roll of toilet paper and no mattress sheet on one bed (we left note after leaving for room girl, but it was not done when we got back). Hotel on busy street, but noisy freight train across street. The "smoking area" was right outside our room---people milling around out there and we had to keep the curtains closed all the time.
These things were not major, but irritating---but the price (compared to others) helps.

Room Tip: pay a little more and get a better place---or do a bargain stay here--it could be worse. --join the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you liked the price of our rooms and our great location near downtown entertainment and restaurants. I’m sorry that a few small issues detracted from your stay. I also sincerely apologize that you didn’t find our staff as friendly as you would have liked. This is not an indication of how we usually do business.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The room was average. Our curtains were not on all of the hooks and so allowed light in. The walls are thin, so you can hear neighbors and street traffic. The room is very dark, to the point where I thought there were only night lights available. There are 2 bulbs for the bathroom, but only 1 is lit. $20 fee for pets over 10 lbs. If you allow pets, I suggest having at least a patch of grass for them to go. The continental breakfast was toast, cereal, pastries, juice, milk, and coffee. I'd say the $38 rate is acceptable, but including the excessive pet fee, this stay is not worth $58.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our accommodations, our pricing structure and our continental breakfast. I’m sorry you experienced problems with your stay, including some lighting problems in your room. If we had known of these problems we could have probably moved you to another room so these could be repaired for the next guest. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations and hope you will try us again.

Flagstaff, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

When I saw the price of the hotel I though it would only be something on average, I was wrong. This place has very nice rooms, looked new and clean. Check in was quick and easy, and when I told him I didn't want to be close to the road, he happly changed the room fo me to a back location. Very happy all around with this visit.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Papa, Hungary
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My most terrible night ever!
Breakfast was like a joke, we skipped it... No help and no smile at all.
The cleaning ladies are very nice :) easy to park and also an experience we would like to easily forget.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment about our hotel. I apologize that you experienced customer service issues during your stay and weren’t satisfied with the hearty breakfast we provide. I’m very sorry that we could not completely meet your needs during your stay. You didn’t mention any specific problems with the room, so I hope that was acceptable to you. That’s the most important thing. If there are any unresolved issues from your stay, please contact me directly.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We found this place driving into flagstaff late one night and they were really nice.
Room was really cheap and included an airconditioner, fridge, good shower and a large bed.
Checking out in the morning was easy and because its on route 66 its was easy to get away before sunrise.
Good washing and drying machine
Perfect for our purpose

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Placitas, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Was a little afraid of what i would find when we booked the motel..the reviews were not great but i wanted a cheap motel and the price definitely fit the criteria. Overall a solid motel for a quick overnite stop. However, on the minus side it is close to the train tracks. Safety wise there is NO deadbolt OR chain..just the doorlock. Close to the highway. The staff seemed friendly enough and the room was clean but dated. Would stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for fairly reviewing our hotel. I apologize, however, that we could not more completely exceed your expectations. Yes, we are near train tracks, but there are few trains. We value guest security and believe we provide secure rooms in which guests feel safe. If there was a specific problem with the security in your room, we could probably have moved you. In any case, we appreciate having you with us at our clean, comfortable hotel and look forward to serving you again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Quality of room was good..clean and smelled fine. There was however, a lot of thick black mold in the tub/ bath. Towels very thin. Appreciated the frig and microwave in room. Easy wifi. Had dogs with me and no problems. Quite a bit of traffic noise, but not the hotel's fault.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for pointing out both positive and negative points about our Flagstaff hotel. Our goal is complete satisfaction, and I’m disappointed to hear of a mildew issue in your room. We have rechecked all rooms and found no problems, but I have made housekeeping aware that such problems should be reported directly to me in future. We have also replaced many towels since your stay. I apologize that we fell short in your case, but rest assured that we’re getting better every day.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66? Share your experiences!