“1 night stay for the Grand Canyon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 E. Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #43 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Canberra, Australia
“1 night stay for the Grand Canyon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We found this place driving into flagstaff late one night and they were really nice.
Room was really cheap and included an airconditioner, fridge, good shower and a large bed.
Checking out in the morning was easy and because its on route 66 its was easy to get away before sunrise.
Good washing and drying machine
Perfect for our purpose

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Was a little afraid of what i would find when we booked the motel..the reviews were not great but i wanted a cheap motel and the price definitely fit the criteria. Overall a solid motel for a quick overnite stop. However, on the minus side it is close to the train tracks. Safety wise there is NO deadbolt OR chain..just the doorlock. Close to the highway. The staff seemed friendly enough and the room was clean but dated. Would stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for fairly reviewing our hotel. I apologize, however, that we could not more completely exceed your expectations. Yes, we are near train tracks, but there are few trains. We value guest security and believe we provide secure rooms in which guests feel safe. If there was a specific problem with the security in your room, we could probably have moved you. In any case, we appreciate having you with us at our clean, comfortable hotel and look forward to serving you again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Quality of room was good..clean and smelled fine. There was however, a lot of thick black mold in the tub/ bath. Towels very thin. Appreciated the frig and microwave in room. Easy wifi. Had dogs with me and no problems. Quite a bit of traffic noise, but not the hotel's fault.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for pointing out both positive and negative points about our Flagstaff hotel. Our goal is complete satisfaction, and I’m disappointed to hear of a mildew issue in your room. We have rechecked all rooms and found no problems, but I have made housekeeping aware that such problems should be reported directly to me in future. We have also replaced many towels since your stay. I apologize that we fell short in your case, but rest assured that we’re getting better every day.

Winslow, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I made a reservation on priceline the day prior. Went to check-in desk that night, he asked for my ID and debt card and ran debt card to charge. I asked why I was being charged again, I was under the impression when I booked through priceline that I had paid already, which as my fault that I didn't know that I wasn't, but he cancelled my reservation without just explaining that my account hadn't been charged, just because I questioned him nicely. He was very rude and unprofessional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. I hope you had a pleasant stay despite some billing confusion. It sounds like there was some miscommunication, but I’m glad it was quickly resolved. I apologize that the desk clerk wasn’t more friendly and professional. I personally want to say how sorry I am about the confusion, and I hope the stay otherwise exceeded your expectations.

Wakefield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

When we arrived, it was dark and felt it was rather out of town, however, there rooms were ok as we were very tired after driving all day.

We was on the ground floor and next door to the house keeping laundry and below the house keeping laundry so by 6am, all the machines were goin and woke we. they are so loud but as we was only there for a couple of days, lived with it.

the rooms were freezing as the heater did not work. Need a little TLC. Walls need painting etc.

Breakfast was OK. pastries and toast. You could not take it back to the room. I felt this was a little poor as my daughter and wife dont like getting up and usually I take stuff back to them however, they didnt mind. We wouldnt stay here again as there are better hotels in the area and closer to historic Flagstaff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. While most guests appreciate our convenient location, I apologize that there was a noise and maintenance issue with your room. If you had notified us of the heater problem, we could have moved you to another room and then corrected the problem before the next guest arrived. In any case, I sincerely apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations, but I personally thank you for staying multiple nights.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I are moving to Colorado from California and we found this hotel on tripadvisor. The price was very affordable. The lady at the desk was friendly and informative. They offer a small breakfast and coffee. Our room had a mini fridge and microwave. They allow pets, but the rooms doesn't smell like they do. The only thing I would suggest they do is get softer towels. But as far as a one night stay goes, I'd recommend them.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I only got this hotel to sleep for a few hours and it was cheap. I was surprised bc it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I got in at 4am and I am getting ready to check out at 1030am. The staff was nice. The location is good. Heck for the amount of money I paid for it, it works for me!!
However, no water pressure at all. But again I knew what I was paying for.
If your only staying for one night to get some sleep before moving on, then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66? Share your experiences!