You added Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66 to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 E. Route 66, Flagstaff, AZ 86004   |
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I only got this hotel to sleep for a few hours and it was cheap. I was surprised bc it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I got in at 4am and I am getting ready to check out at 1030am. The staff was nice. The location is good. Heck for the amount of money I paid for it, it works for me!!
However, no water pressure at all. But again I knew what I was paying for.
If your only staying for one night to get some sleep before moving on, then this is the hotel for you!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jena, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is ideal for a stopover while visiting the Grand canyon but do not expect too much from it. It is a usual old motel without any fancy perks. The place was a bit tricky to find. The room was decently clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very basic. All in all, okay for an overnight stay but wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

The price was right. The room was clean. Everything worked. The train noise was constant but I like trains. The door locks are old style keys with chain. If your worried about security, this is not your place. Breakfast was coffee, cereal, Danish. A little bit of a drive down to old town district. We got downtown @ 5:00 pm the place filled up fast.... Flagstaff has turned into a trendy little place. Charley's Was a nice bar...

• Stayed October 2013
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your positive comments about our hotel. We appreciate you noting the cleanliness and price of our rooms. We do, however, take security seriously and believe our rooms are perfectly secure. Guest also frequently appreciate our location that’s just a bit away from the traffic of town. If we fell short of exceeding your expectations in any way, we apologize, and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Our arrival at ABVIS started out on the wrong foot. Since we were passing by earlier in the day, we tried to check in early at 11. There was one car in the parking lot but were told to come back at 3PM, which was okay since that's their policy.

The problems started when we returned at 3PM. There were only six cars in the lot, so I don't think they were overwhelmed but upon opening our room, we saw no linens, no toilet paper and no shower curtain. I made the short walk to the desk and she gave me a key to another room. Same result. Back to the desk, new key, same result. She spoke broken English so I'm not quite sure what she said but it was something about linens. She had me follow her to the linen room and gave me two towels (I had asked for three). I asked for another but she only handed me a washcloth. Okay.

About an hour later, a knock at the door revealed the cleaning service, asking if we wanted a shower curtain! I said yes, along with another towel and some toilet paper, which we received. At least we finally had everything.

The room itself was serviceable, if a bit neglected. It wasn't too dirty per se, as much as rundown. The fridge/freezer worked fine. The A/C worked but it leaked and was pretty loud.

For $75 per night, I was hoping for a little more. BTW, it was 20 yards from Route 66 which sounds great, unless you want to sleep. The double windows blocked about 75% of the traffic noise but the train on the other side of the highway was crazy loud. Sounded like someone pulled up outside the door in a 67 Chevy with headers. The trains continued all night. Too bad.

In the morning, the shower was fine, even with the short shower head but the towels? Talk about exfoliating! They were more abrasive than a mother-in-law after a week long visit.

The continental bfast consisted of fruit loops, a couple of stale Danish and some coffee-why bother?

Although we will return to Flagstaff, ABVIS will not be in our itinerary.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about your stay with us. I’m sorry that your stay got off on the wrong foot and that our housekeeping staff was running behind that day. It may have been due to an equipment failure that has since been fixed. In any case, I sincerely apologize that our property fell short of your expectations and you didn’t get the value you were expecting. We’re improving every day and hope you’ll stop in again when you’re in town again and see how we’re improving.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent a Saturday night at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in Flagstaff after a long day riding my motorcycle. I selected this place because it had the lowest rates. The front desk receptionist was great. She was friendly and helpful. The room was OK, it was clean, but nothing special. The door requires a regular key and have the chain inside for "security". The electric was knocked out for about 3 hours that evening. The off-site owner did come around after about 2 hours to hand out votive candles to his guests, which was a nice gesture. I'll let you decide if he should have done something more. What I didn't care for was the distance from downtown Flagstaff. At about 2 miles, I wasn't about to walk there in the rain. The next time I am in Flagstaff, I will find a place closer to downtown even if I have to pay more. This place is nothing special, just OK.

Room Tip: Be prepared to drive if you want to get something to eat
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,
I wanted to apologize for the power outage. We did do everything we could since the whole street was out due to a blown transformer. Also we are working on upgrading our rooms and hope next time is a better experience.
Jillian
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here two nights for a trip to the Grand Canyon. While there isn't anything particularly wrong with it, there also isn't much about it worth recommending. It's clean and well kept. The beds weren't particularly comfortable, but not anything you wouldn't expect from a value hotel. Definitely bring your own pillow, though. Their's are paper thin. It is right across the street from railroad tracks but it isn't near a crossing so it's only ever a low rumbling, which never bothered us.

Ultimately, it's a budget hotel. I wouldn't recommend avoiding the place, as it delivers exactly what the price range promises, but at the same time I wouldn't bother bringing it up to a friend travelling to Flagstaff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. We strive to provide a great combination of value, amenities and customer service, and we believe that’s what we do. We have, however, replace many pillows and linens in recent weeks, and we’re doing other things to improve our customer experience. If we fell short in any way during your stay, I sincerely apologize. I hope you’ll stay with us again if you visit this beautiful area again.

Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. Management was exceptionally rude, uncooperative, and unwilling to make their guests feel welcome.

The beds are extremely hard and the pillows are completely worn out. But don't worry if you ask for another pillow they are very hesitant to give you one. Bring a towel because they only provide three if there's 4 people. Don't bother asking for towel, they're very reluctant to give you one. If you're lucky enough to get one it's because only after hours you finally decide to track down the management to find out why you didn't get a towel.

To top things off when you come back to your room, after a long hot day outside you'll find your AC turned off. Personally I will never be back here, nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone else, unless I want to send them to hell.

Room Tip: Stay in the car.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I wanted to start off with apologizing for your experience here and thank you for you constructive criticism. We are revamping our rooms with new bed linens and pillows. I can not begin to say how sorry I am that you had a bad experience with our employees and I will personally say that would never happen again. I hope you do give us another chance. Thank you again.
Jillian

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff E. Route 66? Share your experiences!