“Its a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Its a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is the worse hotel i had stood...wet carpet...horrible heater system....bad smell....the person at the lobby isnt nicely....and the 84 dlls rate..ufff i choose econolodge inn..it was cheaper and huge better...

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I visited here and found blood stains on the sheets. So I left. Everything else seemed pretty minor, but besides that they had just redone the parking lot and got mad because we had to park far away and then walk through the fresh tarred parking lot to get to the hotel entrance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My daughter was charged for an extra night she did not reserve because she wasn't careful enough with her financial information on the one night that she did stay here. She diligently went through all the correct channels to protest but the bank took the proprietor's side. Sixty nine dollars is a lot to steal from a young person. They should be ashamed of themselves. Flagstaff is a beautiful town full of nice, inexpensive places to stay -- there is no reason to choose this one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother in law was flown to the Flagstaff Medical Center from Gallup. Because she needed to stay over night, my father in law got my husband and I a room at a local hotel while he stayed with her. While we were checking in the woman at the desk stood against the wall glaring @ us. She spoke only to me & answered my farher's questions to me. When she had to adress him directly she did so with hostility. I am white & my husband is Navajo. We left and went to another hotel where we were treated kindly and with courtosey.

• Stayed October 2013
Herne Bay, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nicely placed in downtown Flagstaff with its shops, the motel room was clean and tidy but cramped for two people with 2 Queen beds, a tiny bathroom with a small sink, the tiled shower needed the drain hole cleaning, and the walk-in closet was also very small, not much room for clothing and suitcases. Coffee required for two but were only supplied for one person once a day on the two days we stayed and asking for more coffee and creamer sachets at reception the lady was very curt. Asking for the password for internet access got the same reception, then I couldn't get on to the Hi-Speed Internet at all even when I managed to try various combinations of the passwords she had reluctantly given. The following day our towels were changed but we were only supplied for one person so had to ask the cleaner for another set. Disappointing stay because of the attitude but ideally situated for the town and for visiting places of interest.

Room Tip: Despite being close to the railroad, it's just across the road, not disturbed by the trains or t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ramah NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year on our way to Phoenix. Though very basic and plain, the motel is clean, has free wifi, and a great location downtown. My husband and I spent the evening walking around eating and shopping. Yes, the office smells of curry, but so what? The room smelled fine. We found the proprietor to be friendly and polite. My only problem was the traffic noise, but I'm a light sleeper. Since we only stayed one night it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2013
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The lesson here is that you get what you pay for. $79 is never going to get you in The Ritz but you’d still expect something decent for your money. In our case the hotel can make pass marks but only just.

The reception smelled strongly of curry and if it was being dished out I wouldn’t have minded, as it smelled quite, good but alas none was on offer.

We were given a ground floor corner room which was dark and cramped. It didn’t benefit from sunlight and to leave the curtains open would give all of Flagstaff a view of my body, and no one wants that! The whole room was dull and tired and I dread to think what a UV light would have revealed on the aged bed spread.

The toilet was small and cramped with tiling that came straight out of ’The Brady Bunch’, but the shower adequate. For some reason it had a window that opened onto a brick wall three inches behind it.

The toiletries amounted to one sliver of soap and there were no hangers on the coat rail.

In the morning the promised free breakfast didn’t materialise, apart from coffee and fruit juice dispensers. To be honest the small reception area wouldn’t have temped me to stay if food was laid on especially as that day’s Balti was already well under way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!