“Was treated with hostility due to being an interracial couple.” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Was treated with hostility due to being an interracial couple.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My mother in law was flown to the Flagstaff Medical Center from Gallup. Because she needed to stay over night, my father in law got my husband and I a room at a local hotel while he stayed with her. While we were checking in the woman at the desk stood against the wall glaring @ us. She spoke only to me & answered my farher's questions to me. When she had to adress him directly she did so with hostility. I am white & my husband is Navajo. We left and went to another hotel where we were treated kindly and with courtosey.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Herne Bay, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Nicely placed in downtown Flagstaff with its shops, the motel room was clean and tidy but cramped for two people with 2 Queen beds, a tiny bathroom with a small sink, the tiled shower needed the drain hole cleaning, and the walk-in closet was also very small, not much room for clothing and suitcases. Coffee required for two but were only supplied for one person once a day on the two days we stayed and asking for more coffee and creamer sachets at reception the lady was very curt. Asking for the password for internet access got the same reception, then I couldn't get on to the Hi-Speed Internet at all even when I managed to try various combinations of the passwords she had reluctantly given. The following day our towels were changed but we were only supplied for one person so had to ask the cleaner for another set. Disappointing stay because of the attitude but ideally situated for the town and for visiting places of interest.

Room Tip: Despite being close to the railroad, it's just across the road, not disturbed by the trains or t...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Ramah NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last year on our way to Phoenix. Though very basic and plain, the motel is clean, has free wifi, and a great location downtown. My husband and I spent the evening walking around eating and shopping. Yes, the office smells of curry, but so what? The room smelled fine. We found the proprietor to be friendly and polite. My only problem was the traffic noise, but I'm a light sleeper. Since we only stayed one night it was worth it.

• Stayed September 2013
Glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The lesson here is that you get what you pay for. $79 is never going to get you in The Ritz but you’d still expect something decent for your money. In our case the hotel can make pass marks but only just.

The reception smelled strongly of curry and if it was being dished out I wouldn’t have minded, as it smelled quite, good but alas none was on offer.

We were given a ground floor corner room which was dark and cramped. It didn’t benefit from sunlight and to leave the curtains open would give all of Flagstaff a view of my body, and no one wants that! The whole room was dull and tired and I dread to think what a UV light would have revealed on the aged bed spread.

The toilet was small and cramped with tiling that came straight out of ’The Brady Bunch’, but the shower adequate. For some reason it had a window that opened onto a brick wall three inches behind it.

The toiletries amounted to one sliver of soap and there were no hangers on the coat rail.

In the morning the promised free breakfast didn’t materialise, apart from coffee and fruit juice dispensers. To be honest the small reception area wouldn’t have temped me to stay if food was laid on especially as that day’s Balti was already well under way!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Sadly not a good one. Going into reception/lobby/cafe and being assaulted by the smell of a curry cooking did not bode well. A fast check in which normally would be a good thing was carried out with a sense of "hurry up and let me get back to my curry". The room was dark dingy and weary. We daren't walk bare footed on the carpet and the bathroom, once the leaking toilet was repaired, was only adequate as tap leaked and no plug for the sink. Safe to say that the room ambience was depressing which, on reflection encouraged us to go and sample the local hostelries and was therefore a good thing. Traffic , train and train passenger noise resulted in a poor night sleep. Breakfast in the morning was non existent but the curry was cooking well.

For me, never again with rhodeway. Yes cheap, no not cheerful.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Rodeway Inn- Downtown
It is not often I find I cannot charm a smile or laugh out of people manning the front desk at a motel. I assume this was a husband and wife team and I feel I was lucky to just get checked in as they surely did not seem to want the business. Service was very slow at best and before I checked out housekeeping was already trying to open the door to my room to clean. I am glad I had the inside latch on.
The single bedroom was small, but ok and it had a little coffeemaker, refrig, and micro. The bathroom was so small I had to close the door to sit on the toilet.
However, it was one block from the downtown area so once I was parked I walked wherever I wanted. The $39.99 room rate is a bit confusing as there is also a utility charge that I found applied when I checked in. I was told the dog would be an additional $15 on the phone, but found the posted dog rate in the office to be $12. All in all, the bill came to $63! You would be much better taking the Motel 6 out in Woodland Village, paying less, getting free coffee in the office in the morning, and driving two miles into town if you did not find a place right in the area in which to slake your thirst and feed your stomach.
The Rodeway has a nice city park one block away for walking the dog, but the dog must be on a leash at all times.
Would I stay there again? No. Not because of the price, etc, but just because no one went out of the way to make me feel the least bit welcome.
As far as the downtown bars and grills, they are all pretty much the same with over priced food and drink.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
LARGO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a tough review to write. The first impression of this place is awful because it is so tiny that you don't think it could possibly work, but it does. Let's face it, when you are paying such a low price for a hotel, you have to expect minimum. But when you get down to the nitty gritty, it was fine. It was spotlessly clean, had a frig and microwave. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were fine. It was very well located for a trip to the Grand Canyon which was what we wanted. We are on a 30 day trip so wanted to keep expenses down. We knew we just needed a bed to sleep and would be gone all day. All they offered for breakfast was juice and coffee, but the orange juice was nice and thick (not watery) and was very good. The internet reception was good. There was no hanging space because they put the tv cabinet in the closet. Close to a really cute downtown area with everything you could ever want within walking distance. There was a train but we slept very well. It woujld probably be a problem for a light sleeper.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!