“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

This is not the greatest motel. Rooms are rather noisy, staff is not very friendly, tv is really old, BUT the location is great! You can walk everywhere and Flagstaff is a really nice place to visit, with good restaurants, nice shops, etc.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Upon arrival at the motel 3PM there was a sign on the locked office door stating “Be back shortly”. The same sign had been on the door at 2:30PM when we had tried to check in earlier. There were two other couples waiting at the locked door with us. I began to repeatedly ring the doorbell and soon a car pulled up. A man got out and handed me his phone saying that the manager wanted to speak to me. The person on the phone asked me for my name and I reluctantly gave It to him. He told me to hand he phone back to the man. I did. The man disappeared around the corner and came back with two room keys and handed them to me. Room 121. I was looking around for the camera-- this had to be Candid Camera
We are both 70 years old. When I made the reservation we requested a downstairs, quite room. Room 121 is upstairs and located on the street. The railroad track is on the other side of the street. The room had the overwhelming stench of stale cigarette smoke. The window was so dirty that you could hardly see out of it. The top lock on the door was broken and would not engage. The fire alarm holder was affixed to the ceiling—the actual fire alarm was in the bedside table with the battery lying next to it. There is no closet or even a rod to hang clothes anywhere in the room. Management was rude and uncooperative.
It was a long sleepless night with the traffic and railroad noise. We did not avail ourselves of the included breakfast and left before the office opened.
If you have a choice of this motel or sleeping in your car---take the car. Trust me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hood River, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

The first and last stay at a Rodeway Inn room too small it had 2 double beds & tv room maybe should have had 1 double. No wash cloths no amenities 1 small bar of soap no coffee in morning.The most upsetting was the way my credit card was handled clerk gave it to a man who took it in another room out of my sight.After signing in I was given key and direction to room when I ask for my card she replied oh! and call to the man he handed it to her and she then took an imprint of card. I felt very insecure about the way my card was handled. Next morning I called the credit card company and explained what happened they advised me to put a hold on card to make sure no other charges were made. which I did.

Room Tip: another motel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Spending a couple of nights in Flag without a vehicle, this hotel was the perfect location. It was an easy walk from the amtrak station with my bags. Some of the reviews had me a bit freaked out, and i nearly cancelled, but i decided i could weather anything for a couple nights.
I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were small and the hotel is old (it is in HISTORIC Flagstaff after all) But everything was clean and comfortable. The mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker were convenient and as for the noise from the road and trains - yes, there was noise during the day, (but who wants to spend the day in the hotel room in a beautiful place like flag?) At night, i heard no more than i would hear at home, the occasional car or two etc... I know the train runs at night, but i honestly didn't hear it.... The proprietors were friendly enough, letting me leave my large bag with them in reception before check in (i was quite early) AND they let me check in early. I honestly have nothing negative to say. Not a fancy place for sure, but more than good enough for a comfy bed and a hot shower during your stay in Flagstaff....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Arrived a Thursday evening and needed a place to rest for the night. The lady at the front desk was so rude and couldn't care less about me - she only cared about my credit card.
I had to stay for another night due to a snow atorm and the rate changed because it was Friday, fair enough. Later that day my room key did not work and when I talked to the rude lady again, she explained it was because I hadn't paid for the room. Luckily I had kept me receipt. Will never stay here again and will direct the Choice Hotel Group with this - this place is a disgrace for the hotel group.

• Stayed March 2013
phoenix, arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow, what an incredibly terrible place to stay. Heater didnt work in room, no hot water, no water pressure, you could hear the traffic like you were standing on the sidewalk and the bathtub turned brown with dirt when I turned the water on to take a shower.

The lady at the front desk was rude and made excuses for everything wrong in the room. How could you make an excuse for the heater not working...she said "well, it worked when i was in there five minutes before you checked in!"

so, so rude. will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pocatello, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I travel quite a bit and have stayed in very many different hotels and this one was by far the worst ever. We were in a bind when we booked the hotel through Expedia, so we didn't get a chance to check it out first. We figured "how bad could it be for $140 they charged online." When we arrived we were shocked at the appearance because it looked like one of those old flop-house motels that have been converted to low income apartments. When we walked in the lobby it stunk like curry and was very run-down. We were tired from traveling all day, so we checked in anyway (what a mistake.) Our room was a bottom corner room within 30 feet of a busy road on one side and within 150 feet of the very busy main road on another side, not to mention the railroad tracks just across the street. You could hear the traffic from inside the room as if you were standing outside. In the room was a king size bed that you could barely walk around. The bathroom was moldy and very small. The television was probably a 17 inch that was manufactured in the 1980s. There was a small air-conditioner/ heater in the wall that was probably 30+ years old that you could actually see light coming in from around the edges. My wife and I decided there was no way we were staying there, so we called Expedia. Expedia said they would refund our money if the motel would cancel the reservation at no charge, because otherwise the motel would charge them. We returned to the front desk and told them that we could stay there because of the conditions. Even though we hadn't disturbed anything in the room they refused to let us out of the reservation. The lady at the front desk kept blaming Expedia for the no refund policy. I had Expedia on the line on my cell phone at the time and they relayed to her several times that they would cancel with no charge as long as they would not bill Expedia. She refused each time and continued to blame Expedia. Bottom line is we got ripped off for $140 on a $49 room at best. By the way there was not one other car in the parking lot at the time, so it was not like they were going to loose out on money because they were full up and had to turn people away because of out reservation.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, it would be more comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!