“DO NOT STAY HERE!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 65 hotels in Flagstaff
phoenix, arizona
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow, what an incredibly terrible place to stay. Heater didnt work in room, no hot water, no water pressure, you could hear the traffic like you were standing on the sidewalk and the bathtub turned brown with dirt when I turned the water on to take a shower.

The lady at the front desk was rude and made excuses for everything wrong in the room. How could you make an excuse for the heater not working...she said "well, it worked when i was in there five minutes before you checked in!"

so, so rude. will never stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pocatello, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My wife and I travel quite a bit and have stayed in very many different hotels and this one was by far the worst ever. We were in a bind when we booked the hotel through Expedia, so we didn't get a chance to check it out first. We figured "how bad could it be for $140 they charged online." When we arrived we were shocked at the appearance because it looked like one of those old flop-house motels that have been converted to low income apartments. When we walked in the lobby it stunk like curry and was very run-down. We were tired from traveling all day, so we checked in anyway (what a mistake.) Our room was a bottom corner room within 30 feet of a busy road on one side and within 150 feet of the very busy main road on another side, not to mention the railroad tracks just across the street. You could hear the traffic from inside the room as if you were standing outside. In the room was a king size bed that you could barely walk around. The bathroom was moldy and very small. The television was probably a 17 inch that was manufactured in the 1980s. There was a small air-conditioner/ heater in the wall that was probably 30+ years old that you could actually see light coming in from around the edges. My wife and I decided there was no way we were staying there, so we called Expedia. Expedia said they would refund our money if the motel would cancel the reservation at no charge, because otherwise the motel would charge them. We returned to the front desk and told them that we could stay there because of the conditions. Even though we hadn't disturbed anything in the room they refused to let us out of the reservation. The lady at the front desk kept blaming Expedia for the no refund policy. I had Expedia on the line on my cell phone at the time and they relayed to her several times that they would cancel with no charge as long as they would not bill Expedia. She refused each time and continued to blame Expedia. Bottom line is we got ripped off for $140 on a $49 room at best. By the way there was not one other car in the parking lot at the time, so it was not like they were going to loose out on money because they were full up and had to turn people away because of out reservation.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car, it would be more comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

!!!!BE AWARE !!!! THE STAFF IS STEALING FROM THE ROOMS WHEN YOU ARE NOT THERE!!!! Dont stay there if you value your personal items!!!!

There it goes my miserable stay at this motel. The place its absolutely terrible. When you get there an angry Indian lady is "welcoming" you with a bitter and frustrated expression on her face even though you are paying a generous amount of money! Anyways! The room was absolute disaster, smells stuffy and super cold non working heater! That doesn't even matter. The next day me and my friend decided to go for a walk around the city have lunch or whatever. We came to the room and i decided to check my email on my iPad! Here it comes the shock... when i didn't find it in my drawer next to my bed where i left it when we checked into the room! Immediately i went downstairs and asked the lady if somebody was in the rooms while we were gone. She gave me a rude answer saying that the cleaning lady was cleaning the rooms that day asking me "What do you want", and that was the boiling point for me. I told her that my iPad is missing from my room she said she doesn't know anything about it (of course ). I told her that somebody from the staff probably took it when i was not there but of course she declined. I had to catch a flight that same day so she said she will check with her maids and let me know! All day no news i asked her where the maids are she responded that they are not working today. Hmmm it was Tuesday and no maids were around all day very interesting , but they were working on Monday when my iPad was stolen ! Nice try! Absolutely disgusted with the "manager" , she just argues with you.Very unpleasant woman. The whole lobby has a super strong smell of Indian food! Absolutely beyond disgusting!!! I had to leave to catch my next flight and there was no clue from my iPad . I was extremely pissed and upset because i work from my iPad i have all my contact, my email was open i had family pictures ,projects, personal information, bank accounts and all that. I felt like my identity was stolen, i was robbed by the staff. Everything can be stolen from your room like a watch bracelet or necklace ring may be clothes pretty sure that they are going trough the customers stuff when they are not in the room and they are stealing all bunch of stuff and you think you forgot it or lost it. Oh well think twice may be the staff stole it. I just wish that person to feel the same way i did. I hope that something really bad is going to happen to you or whoever stole my iPad from my room. Sooner or later they are going to go out of business and they will regret all the things the have done like attitude, rudeness, careless, dirty rooms and so. This place has to be closed down by the health department bcs there are bugs , ants and rust in the bad tub and toilet. Dirty sheets and yellowish nasty pillows ! Don`t stay if you value your stuff. Somebody will ask me why did i stay there and why would i leave my ipad ? Well bcs i stayed there literally couple hours in between flights and needed to take shower and stuff. I have never expected that my tablet will be stolen!!!

DO NOT STAY AT THIS PLACE THEY ARE STEALING FROM THE ROOMS WHEN YOU ARE NOT THERE!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We pass through Flagstaff at least once or twice a year, but never could get "a room at the inn" due to its location in the heart of the historic district. This month we passed through on a quiet December Monday when no one was about. The woman at the front desk couldn't have been nicer, and was able to accommodate our request for a first floor room. The place is old and out of date and there wasn't room for much besides the king sized bed, but our room was sparkling clean, the rates were reasonable, and the location couldn't have been better.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First of all I do have to say that we only paid 45 dollars per night for this room. So you can take my advice with a grain of salt, it was cheap. We were traveling through to get to Lake Havasu in the morning. Upon checking in we received an upstairs room. The front desk asked my husband if we wanted a downstairs room, apparently he told her no, he forgot how many bags he had to carry. He went back in ,not even 2 minutes later and asked to have a downstairs room. The same clerk then stated to him she didn’t have any downstairs rooms.lol this was especially funny, I thought. So we get up to the room and we were immediately greeted with an overwhelming smell in the room and pretty damn surprised how small the room was, no room to move around , the bed was very small. We figured hey for 45 dollars we could deal with it. Hoped someone was eating and the smell would go away. I wondered why the window was opened in November, but didn’t give it a second thought. The room was cold so we turned up the heat, my husband discovered it was rigged up with wires and would only turn off and on, so either you could burn up or freeze, those were the options. We kind of laughed it off, then we noticed the mattress were dirty and placed on a board box, WTH! I was totally turned off by this! All the while the smell is getting stronger. I decided to take a shower and saw the mold in the bathroom and tub area, NOT GOOD! No switch for a fan of any kind. At this point I think someone was cooking a curry dish in the next door room, actually I’m positive they were the smell was unbearable, it stuck to your nose and no escape from it, because if you opened the window you got the loud screeching sound of the train and 100 degree temp if you turned on the heat. Over all this hotel needs a whole remodel or to be closed down it is nowhere near code standards and seems dangerous with the rigged wires. The smell never went away I was nauseous the whole entire time. Upon check out no coffee, in fact we waited about 30 minutes and nobody ever came to the front desk. Another person was waiting to check out as well and left very upset. We finally decided to leave our motel key and the bad memories sitting at the front desk. Never again! You can find a super 8 or motel 6 for the same price and make it out alive and with your stomach intact. I can assure you, this little shop of horrors is a No No. Parking sucks, all of it sucks. Only positive thing, was it did have nice hot water that could endure my 45 minute shower to get the curry smell off my body.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was clean and the shower was great! Since I wasn't feeling well, my husband went to the jacuzzi. He said it was quite dirty and wasn't even hot. So he came back to the room. I had to go to the hospital and fortunately the hotel attendant was very helpful in giving directions. My husband wound up staying a second night while I was admitted to the hospital. The hotel was good in a pinch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Oneida, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just because it is across from the AMTRAK Station is NO reason to charge $145 for a one night stay as it is a 1 start hotel at best. I asked why the high price and the woman said because there is a soccer game in town. No breakfast, no amenities. Next time we will take a taxii to a real hotel and save the money. Of all of the Rodeways we have stayed in this is the worst quality. This is a $50 ROOM AT BEST.

Room Tip: somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Rodeway Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!