“Something stinks at the little shop of horrors!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #58 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Something stinks at the little shop of horrors!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

First of all I do have to say that we only paid 45 dollars per night for this room. So you can take my advice with a grain of salt, it was cheap. We were traveling through to get to Lake Havasu in the morning. Upon checking in we received an upstairs room. The front desk asked my husband if we wanted a downstairs room, apparently he told her no, he forgot how many bags he had to carry. He went back in ,not even 2 minutes later and asked to have a downstairs room. The same clerk then stated to him she didn’t have any downstairs rooms.lol this was especially funny, I thought. So we get up to the room and we were immediately greeted with an overwhelming smell in the room and pretty damn surprised how small the room was, no room to move around , the bed was very small. We figured hey for 45 dollars we could deal with it. Hoped someone was eating and the smell would go away. I wondered why the window was opened in November, but didn’t give it a second thought. The room was cold so we turned up the heat, my husband discovered it was rigged up with wires and would only turn off and on, so either you could burn up or freeze, those were the options. We kind of laughed it off, then we noticed the mattress were dirty and placed on a board box, WTH! I was totally turned off by this! All the while the smell is getting stronger. I decided to take a shower and saw the mold in the bathroom and tub area, NOT GOOD! No switch for a fan of any kind. At this point I think someone was cooking a curry dish in the next door room, actually I’m positive they were the smell was unbearable, it stuck to your nose and no escape from it, because if you opened the window you got the loud screeching sound of the train and 100 degree temp if you turned on the heat. Over all this hotel needs a whole remodel or to be closed down it is nowhere near code standards and seems dangerous with the rigged wires. The smell never went away I was nauseous the whole entire time. Upon check out no coffee, in fact we waited about 30 minutes and nobody ever came to the front desk. Another person was waiting to check out as well and left very upset. We finally decided to leave our motel key and the bad memories sitting at the front desk. Never again! You can find a super 8 or motel 6 for the same price and make it out alive and with your stomach intact. I can assure you, this little shop of horrors is a No No. Parking sucks, all of it sucks. Only positive thing, was it did have nice hot water that could endure my 45 minute shower to get the curry smell off my body.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Char b

Northern California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room was clean and the shower was great! Since I wasn't feeling well, my husband went to the jacuzzi. He said it was quite dirty and wasn't even hot. So he came back to the room. I had to go to the hospital and fortunately the hotel attendant was very helpful in giving directions. My husband wound up staying a second night while I was admitted to the hospital. The hotel was good in a pinch, but I wouldn't go out of my way to stay there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Oneida, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just because it is across from the AMTRAK Station is NO reason to charge $145 for a one night stay as it is a 1 start hotel at best. I asked why the high price and the woman said because there is a soccer game in town. No breakfast, no amenities. Next time we will take a taxii to a real hotel and save the money. Of all of the Rodeways we have stayed in this is the worst quality. This is a $50 ROOM AT BEST.

Room Tip: somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank obus1944
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse hotel stay of my life. First off, when I checked in the lady looked like she just woke up..yet it was 4PM. When I asked for a second key card for the room she said the machine was down and couldnt give me one....fine. We get in the room and its pretty bad, very small and doesn't smell good.

After the first night we figured out that the AC didn't work very well. We left it on full blast yet it didn't get below 80 probably....now for the worst part. Wake up Sunday morning covered in bug bites!!! I'm talking head to toe!! We left to head back to Phoenix at 5AM we were so uncomfortable. Its almost a week later and we are tortured by all these bites. I haven't been able to sleep properly since because my skin is so itchy.
When I called Travelocity to complain they said the hotel has refused to refund my money because there wasn't any bed bugs. So, I called the hotel and the lady told me there were no bed bugs because I didn't tell the front desk on Sunday morning. What a terrible business owner. That doesn't even make sense.......just because I chose to call Travelocity instead of talking to the front desk doesn't mean there isn't bed bugs. I guarantee if you get an exterminator in there they will confirm it has bed bugs.

Do yourself a favor.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm adding pics to show the bites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelerjones2011
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our visit to this Rodeway Inn was very good and enjoyable. The staff is understanding of our needs. If you are looking for accommodations that are decent and priced-right, then this Rodeway Inn is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We reserved this room on line and when we arrived the room had no power at all. They turned on the power and we went in. The room was the size of a postage stamp, and we felt very nervious about the area. Turned out even after getting the power on, the TV would not work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Doug33364
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Very run down and not that cheap for what you get. Not much parking. Very noisy next to main road and railway line. 1/5

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends