“Price rip off” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Oneida, Wisconsin
“Price rip off”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just because it is across from the AMTRAK Station is NO reason to charge $145 for a one night stay as it is a 1 start hotel at best. I asked why the high price and the woman said because there is a soccer game in town. No breakfast, no amenities. Next time we will take a taxii to a real hotel and save the money. Of all of the Rodeways we have stayed in this is the worst quality. This is a $50 ROOM AT BEST.

Room Tip: somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

BED BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worse hotel stay of my life. First off, when I checked in the lady looked like she just woke up..yet it was 4PM. When I asked for a second key card for the room she said the machine was down and couldnt give me one....fine. We get in the room and its pretty bad, very small and doesn't smell good.

After the first night we figured out that the AC didn't work very well. We left it on full blast yet it didn't get below 80 probably....now for the worst part. Wake up Sunday morning covered in bug bites!!! I'm talking head to toe!! We left to head back to Phoenix at 5AM we were so uncomfortable. Its almost a week later and we are tortured by all these bites. I haven't been able to sleep properly since because my skin is so itchy.
When I called Travelocity to complain they said the hotel has refused to refund my money because there wasn't any bed bugs. So, I called the hotel and the lady told me there were no bed bugs because I didn't tell the front desk on Sunday morning. What a terrible business owner. That doesn't even make sense.......just because I chose to call Travelocity instead of talking to the front desk doesn't mean there isn't bed bugs. I guarantee if you get an exterminator in there they will confirm it has bed bugs.

Do yourself a favor.....DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm adding pics to show the bites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our visit to this Rodeway Inn was very good and enjoyable. The staff is understanding of our needs. If you are looking for accommodations that are decent and priced-right, then this Rodeway Inn is for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We reserved this room on line and when we arrived the room had no power at all. They turned on the power and we went in. The room was the size of a postage stamp, and we felt very nervious about the area. Turned out even after getting the power on, the TV would not work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Very run down and not that cheap for what you get. Not much parking. Very noisy next to main road and railway line. 1/5

Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Prosser, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for a place to stay that was walking distance to downtown Flagstaff. We found a good rate here. (although there were other places with similar rates that we 1000 times better)
The front desk person was rude. The outside is a dump and dirty and smells awful.We got to our, non-smoking room, and it REEKED, and I mean REEKED of cigarette smoke. It gave me an instant headache. There were stains everywhere.
I couldn't even stand it then.
Then I noticed that the pillow cases didn't even cover the entire pillow. So gross.
I should have checked Trip Advisor before I booked it.
We went in to complain, and she offered another room, but we couldn't event stand it, and we paid to stay somewhere else.
I would have given this place less than one star if I could.

Room Tip: None are good
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Anaheim, CAlifornia, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

You would think that a chain hotel would have some quality controls in place.
PROS: Location...walking distance to local shops, restaurants, city hall, and park. Price.
CONS: I think the manager lives on-site. The lobby and just outside smells like curry 24/7. We apparently had one of the nicest rooms (room 126) with two full beds, and armoire with TV and Microfridge. There was a small microwave on the desk. The lighting in the room is horrible! There is no outlet in the bathroom and the nearest outlet is by the microwave, but there is no light so you have to dry your hair in the dark practically. The train sound wasn't too bad but there were several Harley's that we could hear in the parking lot or nearby streets.

Even my boys 12 and 14 complained that the beds and pillow weren't comfortable. My reservation indicated that there were 4 people in the room and yet I had to go to the lobby twice and leave a note in the room to remind them to give us 4 sets of towels vs 2 sets. They gave three pillows per bed and you need at least 2 to prop up to be comfortable. Requested one extra pillow which I never got. Worst sleep EVER!

We had reserved the room for 5 nights. After 3 nights we decided to go somewhere else. I told the manager at 6pm on Wednesday that we would be checking out Friday. She said I just missed the deadline to get a refund for Thursday, but I doubt that she will refund me for Friday even though I did meet that deadline.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn Downtown? Share your experiences!