“Exactly what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Autolodge Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1313 S Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001   |
Ranked #60 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Exactly what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We looked at the pictures of the hotel online and couldn't believe the price! The room was nice, the bed was comfortable and they had free wifi & cable. Our window didn't shut but a member of staff came up and put a lock on it for us. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was loud from near by traffic and the bathroom was small. I wouldn't stay here with a family but it is fine for a travelling couple or individual stopping a night. The room was $25 so expect the basics. The guys who are running it now are new and are changing things as quickly as they can.

We were comfortable until we read the Tripadvisor reviews, and although we never experienced anything that bad, the hotel needs to improve the security of the rooms before we would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Iain M

Huizen
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Very dirty and overprised motel. Keep away.
Why is this building still standing?
Evertything is broken, paintless.
We couldn't lock our window.
The staff didn't do anything, only smoking sigarettes outside. Not interested in his customers.
It's a place for junkies and other unreliable people.

The only good thing is that it's next to Starbucks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank HuizenAnoniem

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

While my wife and I slept, someone broke the exterior window next to the door and attempted to gain entry into our room. My wife and I awoke sharply and I told her immediately to call the cops as I attempted to chase after the native american man who did get away. Cops arrived minutes later and also were not successful in finding the burglar. The manager relocated us to an alternate room but did not ease my wifes worries. The odvious 1 star is not for the horrible bed, yellow not white sheets, lack of towels, potential beg bugs, dirty shower and stained carpet common in these motels but the fact that my wife and mine's safety was at stake warranted a reccomendation to all future travelers to avoid this place at all cost

Room Tip: If you do stay, check the windows and doors to ensure they are secure
Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Clark G
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've stayed in plenty of dives over the years. This was one of the worst. There was a big clump of dark hair in the shower drain, the shower door was broken and the water never got above tepid. I took one cold shower but that was it. The furniture was old, beat up and some of it looked like it had been gnawed on. I'm not going back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was probably the worst motel we have stayed at. The blankets and sheets were dirty and smelled of urine. The towels were dirty and looked like they hadn't been washed. When taking a shower, the warm water laster for about 5 minutes, and then it was cold for the rest of the shower. The window was open since it didn't close or lock. Not to mention there were lots of roaches on the stairway outside the room. DO NOT STAY HERE!!! It is definitely not worth the overpriced $80/night, and not a good choice when traveling with children.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank Citlali_CC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

ALL the towels were disgusting you can see the dirt on the towels, they look as if they have never been washed. The sheets on the bed were harsh and static where they did not use dryer sheets or softner. The small window A/C unit did not work we had to purchase a fan at walmart to cool the room down!! Windows didn't lock or have screen on them and the door didn't close all the way. The flooring of the room felt you could fall right through them. Small Parking lot and very disgusting with motor oil everywhere. Also, check out was at 11:00 and the cleaning crew knock and stated check out was at 10:00 and we were rushed to get out of the room. Photos of room or the motel are nothing what it really looks like a DUMP!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria A
Berkeley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been traveling the world for 20 years and have been to Africa, Asia, Europe, Canada, and across the USA. Over those 20 years on multiple continents, I have seen a lot of hotels/motels. This dump in Flagstaff is the worst place I have ever had to habitate or sleep in over night. Even worse than India or The Philippines or Africa. I did not feel secure while I slept because the windows have no lock on them. None at all. To physically confirm my fear, I went outside and slide my bedroom and bathroom window open by hand from the outside. Someone could have easily entered while I slept. So I had to remove the wood pole in the closet that the hangers hang on. I used that pole in the window frame at a horizontal angle so that I would prevent people from breaking in while I slept or at least the pole would fall onto the floor and make a noise if anyone tried anything.

When we arrived, the bed was literally broken, on a broken frame, with a broken box spring. I took it upon myself to remove the mattress and box spring from the frame. Then I put together the frame by hand on the filthy rug (on which I found garbage that had not been cleaned). Then I put together my own bed so I could sleep there and not hurt my back with the huge sink in the middle that I encountered upon arrival.

There were no towels provided. Zero. The lights were broken. 2 out of 4 were broken. They closed the front desk and office 3 minutes after I swiped my credit card and prepaid $65 for this dump. My neighbor above me walked around all night and watched loud movies with his front door open. I am pretty sure he was on meth.

I used the club on my car that night because of the seediness of the place. This motel is worse than the Third World. I reported them to the police department and the Flagstaff visitors center. Next is the Chamber of Commerce.
In the morning I saw a tough guy with several tattoos that claimed to be housekeeping. I showed him the issues but he did not care. He said he would "get right on that" but instead went back to smoking. I am pretty sure that he was on drugs too.

Room Tip: My room was next to the dumpster. I don't think that any room is decent here.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple