The actual owner was gone at the time I stayed there with my father and girlfriend, but his replacement was a very nice friend of his from India. The night we were there, we wanted to have some tea and the girl who was keeping night watch told us there was no tea for the rooms, but proceeded to give us several bags of her own delicious teas. That was a plus in customer service.
As for the rooms, we are usually traveling the third world and appreciate budget rooms. The US for us is not such a budget destination (I am a US citizen, and done heaps of roadtrips and prefer to camp, sleep over at friends' houses, or use Couchsurfing.org), but this room for the 3 of us was decent enough and also not so run down as other reviews mentioned. Maybe they did some remodeling by the time we were there in May 2013?
Overall, it was a nice experience and Flagstaff worth a stop through for the Observatory.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Near Nau Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Near Nau Hotel Flagstaff
- Rodeway Inn Flagstaff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA approved features all new rooms with 46 inch or 40 inch LCD/Plasma TV, microwave, fridge and coffee pot, free continental breakfast, located across from Northern Arizona University and just 3 blocks from historical downtown Flagstaff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, AAA Travel Services, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The L Motel Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.