As other reviewers have noted, this is not a fancy place by any means; in fact it is pretty run down. Things were clean, but both the entry door and the door to the bathroom looked like they had been attacked by hammers... very beat up, and the condition of the outer door was not encouraging when we were thinking about security. We did prop the chair in front of it overnight, although we had no issues.
Beds were fine, linens clean, and the mini fridge worked OK. The bathroom was clean and quite large, although the caulk job was not properly done so I know there will be water problems somewhere. Desk guy was pleasant enough, and efficient, so no complaints there, and you can't beat the price.
Forget about the "continental breakfast" which was a small basket of mini donuts and gas-station-type pastries in cellophane, possibly a pitcher of juice and maybe a toaster (can't recall) and a coffee machine. There is one small, high round table with two chairs, and all of this is in the tiny check-in area, which was blazing hot both at check-in and during the breakfast hours. Instead, head over to one of the coffee houses on Beaver Street, and enjoy your breakfast outside while watching the local scene.
The hotel is easy walking distance to historic old Flagstaff, where there are lots of restaurants. Tip: do NOT try to walk up Milton Road to get downtown; not only is it kind of scary looking in the evening as you approach the downtown area, but it is impossible to cross except at the stoplights on Butler Ave. Instead, cross at Butler, then walk up St Mike's Place, or walk a little farther east on Butler and then head north on Beaver or San Francisco. Several interesting brew pubs on that area; we enjoyed Beaver Street Brewery, but there are a lot of good-looking restaurants in the old section.
In summary, this hotel is cheap and clean enough, and that's the best thing I can say about it. I would NOT recommend it to a woman traveling alone; it just seems too scary.
- Also Known As:
- Rodeway Inn Near Nau Hotel
- Rodeway Inn Near Nau Hotel Flagstaff
- Rodeway Inn Flagstaff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA approved features all new rooms with 46 inch or 40 inch LCD/Plasma TV, microwave, fridge and coffee pot, free continental breakfast, located across from Northern Arizona University and just 3 blocks from historical downtown Flagstaff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The L Motel Flagstaff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.